Is it difficult to make profits from a broker that has a variable spreads?

For me yes because the spreads could burn your account. A broker that has a variable spreads provides nothing but huge losses.

99% of brokers have variable spreads - what is odd in it?

No problem. Because, this is a business platform where it is possible to make huge money in a short time that you want as your own wish. So, I took Forex as my life time job with MXTrade. This EU regulated trading stage is always supportive to me to make profit by supplying many exceptional trading facilities. by the way, as a student I can carry on my business in a mobile phone in this trading point.

april:
For me yes because the spreads could burn your account. A broker that has a variable spreads provides nothing but huge losses.

Hi april,

Brokers that have fixed spreads are market makers which play against you by hedging your positions and manipulating price feed at their own profits. Take care , as the "house" will always win.These brokers can however protect you specially when there is an excessive huge move (SNB mid Jan 2015). That allow themselves to also be protected.

Whereas ecn brokers with no dealing desk, so -variable spreads- will execute your orders in the liquidity pool. (you have more chances to be executed at the best price, not a manipulated one). As counterpart , as you are often in the liquidity pool, you are not protected by huge losses that you are responsible for.

Take care.

Have a good WE.

Tomcat98

I don't see the problem with variable spreads either, I don't think this is anything that could stop you earn in Forex. Anyway, there are also brokers who offer zero spreads in some of their accounts, such as HotForex, so maybe you should learn more about this kind of zero spread accounts.

brokers with fixed spreads make up for it through swap if im not mistaken, though the spreads change but the battle is brokers with low spreads for scalpers, but if you swing then it wont matter much.

I trade with ironfx and they offer different types of accounts. Fixed and floating spread. Floating spread I am assuming is the same as what you are referring to as variable spread. I personally chose the floating spread option for my account because it allows me to get better spreads a lot of the time.

Does not matter if the broker has a variable spreads - only in case when you want to scalp in the time of news

april:

This is completely wrong. You need to look at a brokers average spread during the various trading sessions. Take a look at LMAX here. You can see their historical spreads.

Exchange Quality Execution Benefits for FX Trading | LMAX Exchange

If you are serious about trading, don't trade with a bucket shop.

completly odd, of perhaps I just missed something very important as there's any brokerage service which giving fixed spread charged for all pair traded. all with same spread, 2 pips on EURUSD and 2 pips as well at GBPJPY, even at gold price . if these company really exist we dont need any other brokerage service.

hughesfleming:
This is completely wrong. You need to look at a brokers average spread during the various trading sessions. Take a look at LMAX here. You can see their historical spreads.

Exchange Quality Execution Benefits for FX Trading | LMAX Exchange

If you are serious about trading, don't trade with a bucket shop.

That level 2 widget data would be interesting to import somehow in mt4

Reason: