Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 391

[Deleted]
Hi, I'm using the custom indicator i-Regr (see attached file) and I create an EA using the iCustom for calling the value from i-Regr, but it doesn't match ... and I don't understand why... I have tried to use all the buffers to see if I get the wrong index value. See some printscreen that I...
Hello, I would like to know the 2 lasts orders to know if have the same type. How can I do it? The first think to my mind is get the last orderTicket (LastTicket) and get the last order ticket again but only if the order ticket != LastTicket. After that, get the type of each one. This method is...
im thinking about adding a "reset" button to my EA (mql4). question is if it would function like that? steps and criteria are pretty basic - so i would really appreciate of the "local guru's" could answer my question. step one - record the balance before the EA is started up. step two - setting the...
Good day, I want to create an EA which uses ASI to filter my trades but i haven't found EA using it. can anyone point where i can get this or better still, a piece of script defining indicator and use to determine trend? Secondly i am facing error 'Struct member undefined' on the following line of
Hi! I'm trying to build my first EA. Is there anyone who knows how to build the variable EventSetTimer function? As  you know, EvenSetTimer() is usually called in init() with fixed int variable, like EventSetTimer(60);.. But I'd like to make the 60sec to variable one by using another variable. So I...
Is it possible to use offline data in an EA. Range bars and similar are often created as offline charts. To develop multicurrency EA:s using rangebars I would have to use offline charts as the primary input since range bar creators all seem to use offline charts. MT4. i got a suggestion that...
I need to know the mt4 data's folder for my program,can you help me?
I saw "MQL4.com is moving to MQL5.com." However can't find the forum related MQL4. Please let me ask the questions of MQL4 here. Let's say there are many loops of orders, each loop follows previous loop. In every loop, there are a series of orders and a whole loop means the series of orders...
There are many EA out there that has a very high profit factor (4 or so...), but most of them do not have stoploss and will lead a huge drawdown. So these EAs are not sutable for small account (sub $1000) Here is what i personally look for when choosing an EA no martingale (or can be switched...
The specifiers for data sizes l and ll are the same with l32 and l64? Is there any difference between them? Can I use them interchangeably?
like this extern monday trade = true/false extern tuesday trade = true/false extern wednesday trade = true/false extern thurday trade = true/false extern friday trade =true/false and start-end time of working extern start time = 00.00 extern end time = 23.00 Sorry for...
Can OrderClosePrice() really work and get effective data for open orders? Even pending orders? What data can it get?
I want to get some values from my indicator to EA. But can get only from first buffer, how to get values from other buffers? In example below, i try to get values from third buffer, and always get 4806 error. When I try to get from first buffer, everything is all right. I tested it in strategy...
please i have this ea that increase lotsize on lossing position but my problem is why did the lotsize reaches 0.41 and returned 0.01 lot what is the cause of this or is there anything to tweak on the ea code.thanks
Why am I unable to add volume criteria using the strategy wizard in MT5? I can add all the others shown here. http://screencast.com/t/6cUox6VKF
Hello, does anybody know if it is possible to code the stoploss of an EA so that it only is executed if certain other parameters are fulfilled. To be exact I would like my s/l only be executed if bid and ask move into one direction to avoid stopouts due to an abrupt increase of spread into one
Hello, I'm trying to make a break between each position. I want the EA to open position exactly after 10 minutes of the previous position closing . This can be easily accomplished through Sleep() function but the problem is it doesn't work in strategy tester so i can never test this strategy...
Hello, I want to use two classes which have the same name and I want to know if there is a way to do so. The reason why I don't want to change one class name is that I want to stick to the convention. Thanks in advance.
I need the following EA and source code. It should back-test profitably. Assume charts current currency pair. Assume currently selected time frame. Use default MT5 settings for each indicator. It is OK to be out of the market until conditions are met. ENTER TRADE (Buy or Sell) when:...
I am attempting to set some breakpoints in my MQL4 EA running in the tester (gleaned from: http://articles.mql4.com/477 and listed below) The breakpoints work, but I cannot restart the test? And any subsequent attempts at starting a test do not run (blank visual mode chart) - I have to restart the...
On 6-27-2013 I listened a radio show that mentioned 4 components of agood system. They were price and volumeindicators (Stochastics), support/resistance indicators, and trendingindicators. I sure wish I had constructed the presence of mind to get more information about that because it seems to...
Hey guys, I'm learning to make ea's so that I can make one for my trade strategy. I need a trailing stop that starts immediately as soon as the trade is opened. The line of code I am using at the moment allows a trailing stop to kick in from when the trade reaches the value I enter, but the issue is...
please can someone help me with a code to hide price line i mean take profit and stop loss line or you can help me with the code to move it at the next profit or stoploss level.help if it cant be hide.i have search and try coding it into my ea but of no avail .thanks
i often create function that hides global declarations, there somehow to avoid this problem ? i need to create several function that catch the same variable of the onstart(), to code it faster and easy to read i desire that all my functions have the same name but its another declaration, so i get...
Anyone interested in making a big EA forward test group here? My aim is to get many traders united in order to forward test as many EAs as we can. Together we will be able to share our VPSs and EAs qe have acquired in orther to find the most profitable ones. I can forward test at least 10 different...
When I use functions like TimeTradeServer, TimeLocal, and TimeCurrent, they return me the time in the tester and not the actual time in the real world.  Normally this is what you want but I want to measure total times of tests that I run so I can improve my ea's speed.  How can I do this?
Hello forum, good day. I´m trying to detect the moment when three MA indicators cross and know in which direction they are going. This is what have so far: input int MA_1_Period = 5;input int MA_2_Period = 10;input int MA_3_Period = 20;double MA_1 = iMA(NULL,0,MA_1_Period,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE...
Hello forum, good day. I'm an MQL5 newbie and I have started with the Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners tutorial, but when I run the code I get a message about Invalid stops and an error 4756. I started to modify it but still continue to get the same errors....
  gcc/g++ linux  (1)
Hi there. Apologies if this question has already been asked/answered elsewhere. I know nothing about MQL but am an extremely experienced professional C (mostly Unix/Linux) programmer. A friend of mine is attempting to develop some sort of automated algorithm which he's almost got working and I have
I have an MT4 EA that creates range bars on a offline chart (M2). Works fine. Is there a corresponding EA (not indicator) that creates a offline chart available for MT5?