help with a dynamic trailing stop ea

hi all,

I'm searching for a EA that move the stop loss like a trailing stop but even when the SL is in a loo area.

So if

the starting price is 100

starting SL 90

"dynamic" stop loss is 10

when the price is 101 the EA will move the SL to 91. When the price get to 111 it become a norma trailing stop.

I search the market and the code base but was unable to finda a similar EA.

Thanks for the help

bye

Eric

ericholzer:

hi all,

I'm searching for a EA that move the stop loss like a trailing stop but even when the SL is in a loo area.

So if

the starting price is 100

starting SL 90

"dynamic" stop loss is 10

when the price is 101 the EA will move the SL to 91. When the price get to 111 it become a norma trailing stop.

I search the market and the code base but was unable to finda a similar EA.

Thanks for the help

bye

Eric

you can apply for new job by clicking on the Freelance link

https://www.mql5.com/en/job

Freelance service at MQL5.com
Freelance service at MQL5.com
  • www.mql5.com
Orders for the development of automated trading programs

Mohammad Soubra:

you can apply for new job by clicking on the Freelance link

https://www.mql5.com/en/job

I'am new to forex and mt platmform

could you explain me how freelance job works?

thanks

MQL5.community Payment System
MQL5.community Payment System
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5.community built-in services offer great opportunities both to MQL5 developers and ordinary traders with no programming skills. But, all these features cannot be implemented without an in-house secure payment system that provides a convenient basis for settlements between buyers and sellers. In this article, we will show how the MQL5.community payment system works.

You can search Market for an indicator or EA for trailing stops, virtual stops, ... there are several that are either free or inexpensive.  I use virtual stop pro from the Market and you have to have time to really set it up to work properly and the way you want, especially if you trade both CFDs and currency pairs.  You have a lot of options: include all, or include specific ones, exclude specific ones, by pair name or magic number or .... etc.   When to start trailing, points vs. pips, etc.  You put the EA on any one chart and it applies the conditions to all open charts.

Cheers and Chock Dee (good luck.)

You might also consider a custom script. I used this once a few years ago but did not follow-up.  I commissioned a custom script that looked back at the average range of the last xx bars (user defined) and then took a XX% of that range for both the SL and TP and auto entered it.

The advantage of the script was it did not interfear with the EA or indicators on the chart and it could be run at any time.  Also I could enter different user values for xxbars and xx% to suit the pair or commodity I was trading.

I always liked the idea but did not have a programmer that could do it quite like I wanted to and then I moved on...

Michael Maggi:

You might also consider a custom script. I used this once a few years ago but did not follow-up.  I commissioned a custom script that looked back at the average range of the last xx bars (user defined) and then took a XX% of that range for both the SL and TP and auto entered it.

The advantage of the script was it did not interfear with the EA or indicators on the chart and it could be run at any time.  Also I could enter different user values for xxbars and xx% to suit the pair or commodity I was trading.

I always liked the idea but did not have a programmer that could do it quite like I wanted to and then I moved on...

I'm a good programmer, if you like explain what you want to create and i can evalue to build it.

Erich, please take a look at my profile and find the answer.

Reason: