Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 352

Backtesting error: OnTick Critical Error & array out of range in 'StdChanel.mq5' (469,18) Hi i get a backtesting error when i try to run my EA in the MT5 strat tester.. the EA complies fine though with no errors etc. I have also checked other EAs and they work ok. please help. thanks
Why EA bought in this price, if neither the candle got there ?
  Help please?  (3)
Hi I was testing out a strategy using the Strategy tester, which for one day seems to pull a strange price for the trade entry at 05:00. I have checked the history center and that price does not exist for that date, any ideas as to where it is coming from and how? As I can't figure out where MT4...
More like a review if you purchase a commercial EA and have it running for more than 2 months and consistently profit from it. I don't want to throw my money on those EA but I'm tired staring at my screen all day. I need to sleep and make a life now. I've been trading manually too long that my eyes...
Hi there, does anybody how it is possible to obtain the scaling factor of system fonts? Especially with Windows 10 I have weird behaviour with the font sizes and especially with UHD displays. A normal fontsize of 9 or 10 results in huge texts which do not fit into any bitmap objects anymore....
I NEED HELP I HAVE TOTAL 45 FOREX ACCOUNT I WANT TO TRADE ONLY ONE ACCOUNT AND I WANT MY OTHER ACCOUNT COPY MY TRADE IM ALREADY BUY ROBOT FOR MULTI TRADE I BUY VPN ALSO BUT I DONT KNOW HOW I SET UP CAN ANY ONE HELP ME IM READY TO PAY YOUR FEES
Hello I am confused why the here under library call is coming as an executed file: #include <stdlib.mqh> can any body help me please, I would be appreciated for the help. I want to include the source file instead. as it is in the code above!
Hi, I starting to develop some EA's and I have read some information about testing the EA and on one article that belongs to Nicolay Kositsin ( https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1517 ) and I have some doubt: I want to define to backtest period from: - 1/1/2006 to 31/12/2010: optimization; - 1/1/2011
Hi, I have done a simple EA to test the best EMA methods to buy/sell on Forex. Its for studying indicators... So I have 3 conditions to buy/sell based on: - Closed Price crosses EMA; - Short EMA Crosses Long EMA; - Closed Price crosses EMA if on trend; The problem is that I have made 3 If's...
It's said that OrderType has the following values: But I find there will be value 6, what does it mean? And will there be any more values hidden?
Hi all, I have started to play around with EA recently and downloaded a bit of historical data. This depleted my disk space to nearly 0MB. Even after i uninstall my metatrader 4, my disk space still remains low. May i know if there are any other places that i fail to look at where i can delete my...
I want count Ordersymbol(). How can write it ? This count only order. Example : BUY : EURUSD 2 order SELL : GBPUSD 1 order SELL : USDJPY 1 order Count Ordersymbol = 3 int CountSym()&nbsp;&nbsp; { int count=0; int i,mm; int total=OrdersTotal();...
I need an ea that can trade ex4 indicator signal.My indicator have output buffer and draw arrows. can someone please tell me where i can find an EA like this?
Strategy Tester: What does Every Tick based on Real Ticks mean? My EA gets errors when I backtest/optimise using it... Does anyone else have this problem, if so why? PLEASE SEE THE ERROR PHOTO ATTACHED. THANKS
Hey everyone, I'm new to MQL4 programming and was wondering how I would code this in MQL4 if  Previous Bar Closes BELOW (less than?) { Simple Moving Average (1) Shift (5) - 0.0020 } , Close LONG position at Market price. If Previous Bar Closes  ABOVE (greater than?) { Simple Moving Average (1) Shift...
Hi Recently I have a problem with copying of trades from the signal I'm subscribed to. Everything worked seamlessly for about one month (approx. 20 trades copied normally), but a few days ago I started to get this message: 2016.03.16 22:01:29.288 '2096565214': Signal - ping to signal server 22.39
hi i made this expert with function and it is not work but without fuction it work very well so i want to know the wrong in this function //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                    MYFIRSTEA.mq4...
Hi :) Very new at MT5 and after a few weeks of coding I am still not making great headway, although I am learning a lot. To help get to grips I wondered if anyone could suggest a good 'example' EA that can be used as a template? Currently I am looking for functions that check if currently in a...
[Deleted]
Mql5 is based directly on C++ a strong language as everyone know, &nbsp;but what exaclety i wont be able to program - that is useful- &nbsp; on mql4 that i can only code on mql5? thanks
Hello, does somebody know a expert advisor that automatically buys when the price is below the lower bollinger band and the RSI is below a certain level and automatically sells when the opposite happens? It should also have the option to choose SL and TL. I couldn't find it Thank you very...
Is there a way to call MT4 from an external program and tell i to place a trade?. It could be either a call to start MT4 and place a trade or a call to a running MT4 to place a trade.
Hi, I've used Metatrader4 strategy tester on Windows 7 reliably in the past with TickStory historical data. I'm using the same test method on Windows 10, but when I start up the strategy tester the file that was gigabytes in size immediately gets overwritten to 0bytes while I watch. The strategy...
Hello I am looking for the way that I can detect the London opening sission .. How to detect the opening of markets? Could I call then the Hour() function ? //---void OnTick(){  if ( Hour() == 10 ) ....   //London  if ( Hour() == 0  ) ....    //Tokyo  if ( Hour() == 15 ) ....   //New York} Does the...
  Intra-bar trades  (2)
Hi If I am using an EA whose logic runs using the OnTick() event, and it is linked to a chart whose timeframe is M1 then will trades ONLY occur at minute start/ends, or is an intra-minute trade possible? Thanks.
  EA don´t work  (2)
downloaded EA´s dont work! Little star in front of EA-Name is darker than other ones! Whats wrong? 13
Hi every one , I've bought an EA , and put it on MT4 on my PC and it loaded successfully . But when I put the same EA on VPS MT4 it gives me this message "2015.04.25 07:04:54.812invalid 'C...
I have published an utility and a potential bulk buyer of licenses of my product has approached me for a discounted rate? Does the Market business model provide for this at all?
Hello all              I want to use fileread function mql4 to open an csv file containing date time and numbers and trade according to that file.But how to program it  Please help
Hi, I'm programming with MQL5 and get when I try to compile my expert advisor a "code generation error" occurs. As long as I do not try create an executable out of the code it compiles fine without warnings. (I also tried to compile a library, but got the same result.) If I understand it correctly...
 Is there any function  to get  indicator's buffer in MT4 Expert? Under MT5, there is:   if(CopyBuffer(ind_handle,0,0,amount,macd_buffer)<0)   thanks