Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 353

How are you today. i was just checking this EA for MT4. i would like to know is it possible when open first order lets say for usd/jpy buy order lot 0.10 108.850 t/p 108.880 and s/l 107.990 sell stop lot 0.30 108.820 t/p 107.990 and s/l 108.880 when it did not go in profit and...
  EA signature  (12   1 2)
Hi, I wonder if any one has any experience how to identify a compiled script or an EA. When simply browsing the file content, I can spot the version and copyright strings. That is fine, but the weak point is, that I cannot identify the script, when its file name changed. So I wonder, if there is...
how to put a function inside start() that detect when OrdersTotal() change. Thanks in Advance.
Are there built in functions for Last Trade was Long or Short? Also a function for Total Number of Trades for the day? And a function to stop for day if Profit is X dollars for day and restart next day? Thank you. 
Hi all, I have a csv file with 2 variable, equity and time stamp as shown below 10494,2016.05.06 23:55 When i try to read the content of the csv file using the script below, it gave me only the equity (10494) which is the "text" variable How do i read the whole string which is 10494,2016.05...
Hi all, let's say the value 100 in a variable and that variable is tied to the account number. is that possible? the reason why i want to do that is because if my mt4 crashed and i need to restart my ea, all the variable value are gone so if i can somehow store this value that is tied to my...
Hello everyone! I want to get a Day candle in the middle of the day from the history data but the thing is that I want it to be unformed. Usually if copy the day candle from history data and the time is yesterday or earlier then we're gonna get the fully formed day candle. What I want is...
You can reproduce by creating a simple EA (generate) from wizard and define that it will listen for trade events, setting the m_on_trade_process to true. In OnInit() function, after initialize the expert, place the follow line: ExtExpert.OnTradeProcess(true);  After, place a breakpoint in the line...
Does anybody know how to get the market's opening time? I checked SYMBOL_INFO_STRING() but can't find it. Willbur
Each time I call ObjectGetValueByTime(), NO MATTER what datetime parameter I pass to it, it ALWAYS returns the same value: datetime valleyArray[]; CopyTime(Symbol(), Period(), 0, 40, valleyArray); ObjectCreate(0, valleyObjName, OBJ_STDDEVCHANNEL, 0, valleyArray [0], 0,...
I am trying to place a trade in a band between a MA and pips added to the MA using the ATR. So say I want to open a trade only between the MA and X pips added to it. Will the code below work? Is ATR always a value returned in pips that can be added to price directly without any type of conversion...
This is my function for the last trade opening price. double LastTradePrice() { double result = 0; for(int i = OrdersTotal()-1; i >= 0; i--) { if(!OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES)) continue; if(OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber...
I wrote an EA who will support me in trading (e. g. traling Stops, buy and sell on trendlines and so on). I apply this EA for each chart which I open. How can these EA kommunizierien with each other ? Is there an other way then using the global variables of the terminal?...
Hi, I've got an Expert Advisor that has been setup to cycle through symbols and it chews alot of memory. I've noticed this is when the symbols are loaded into and out of the Market Watch that is slowly creeps up. So it's not the chart cycling through existing items in the Market Watch but more when
Hi, I using this function to close all my position:    for (int i = OrdersTotal() - 1; i >= 0; i--) {      OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);      if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol()) {         if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber) {            if (OrderType() ==...
Is there a way in MT4 to remove or add the same EA across several charts at a time?  have 10 to 14 charts running on a VPS and want to find a way to remove all EAs on the charts at the same time or add an EA on all charts at once. Thank you. 
Hi, Downloading the last mt5, I noticed that the leverage used by my broker wasn't available. How to add it ? Is it possible ? I guess it is, since the version provided by my broker use it. Regedit ? Thanks
Is it possible to change the location of the temp folder for an agent? I'm using an expert adviser that spends a lot of time writing to disk (even with a 15k SAS drive). I'd like to be able to point the temp folders at a ramdisk.
This is the question. If I don't need to calculate the whole array, but only the last N elements. I don't quite understand the logic of calculating these functions when limiting. I have a timeseries array (one of the indicator buffers), if I leave the number of elements equal to 0, no questions
  Indicate a new bar  (39   1 2 3 4)
I wounder how to indicate when a new bar sees the light of day. Primarily I worry about performance. On some Symbols I saw ticks every 20 ms. Not so much time to react. One idea is rates.tick_volume Mqlrates rates[1]; OnInit() { if(CopyRates(_Symbol,_Period,0,1,rates) < 1)
Hi All, Could anybody give me an idea about how to detect the last running transaction order status whether it is still running or has been closed(because it reach the TP or SL) ? where will i start from to reach this result ? Many thanks in advance. my apologize for my bad english....
Hello all, If I purchase an EA on this website, can I use this to set up a (paid) signal on this website aswell? In other words, I buy an EA and then re-sell the signal at a monthly subscription. I already have permission of the seller of the EA, but he says that the rules may not allow this...
  Error fix help  (1)
Hello all, I've been coding for a few weeks now and i am a BIG novice in it. I tried using GlobalVariableGet() to try and code the i panel trend indicator into my EA but i think i messed up some where but i can't seem to find out where. For the reversal fractals, i've written the codes and it shows...
Hi all, i have a problem just with my very simple script int ticket = OrderSend(..); that i put it in OnTick() function This script works well when i run it on Strategy Tester, and that int ticket int ticket returns the ticket number when i print it (this means it works right?), but This script...
How do I draw MACD in the sub windows from code (MQL4)? I know I can remove the indicator by calling ChartIndicatorDelete. But how do I call it from code
Hello All, I have a few questions about getting the best performance from strategy tester, and making the best use of my computers CPU's. I know this has been discussed many times on here as I have been reading discussions from as far back as 2009/2010. But We are...
Hi, Is there something I can download in order to test out the demos ? I get an error message ( see clip )
Hello Anyone knows if there is a way get a demo account or something with a "fake demo currency" or something that works 24/7. I'm trying to develop an EA that communicate with another platform and I need similar to live environment when developing. Or maby some other way to do this, a local...
Hi I am looking for ways to speed up optimizations for my MT5 EA's. MQL cloud used up all the $20 I deposited for less that 10% of the optimization test for just one of my EA's. Are there 3rd party cloud computing cheaper options out there? Would installing extra RAMs etc... be helpful. I have a...
Hi guys I am writing an indicator where the user defines which currencies to be used extern string Currency1="EURUSD"; extern string Currency2="GBPUSD"; extern string Currency3="USDCHF"; . . . extern string...