Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 357

hello,    i wanna backtest my ea but i need historical data and good ones for dax. from 2008 or earlier until know. how i do that? use a vps? or are there other solutions?   an other question: can you set the leverage on you're ea?   and let's be honest: are some smart people getting rich from an...
Hi, I'm not sure where to ask this. I've searched everywhere, but cannot find the answer. I want to do some strategy testing using the cloud. It worked fine earlier today, by giving me a whole whackload of agents. The strategy tested well, and now I want to run some new tests. However, this time,...
Hi there from this path i try to show position's status that selected on the chart. i know how works Comment(), but i cann't show that status. path: Expert Advisor\properies\Common Tab\only long or only short or long & short
Hello all, I need good and perfect working trade copier that I can use for multiple accounts. Can anyone share with me or where I can get it
Hi there I have an indicator that give me alerts (BUY and SELL). its in ex4 format. I tried to Auto trade with these alerts and the only way I found it for that is making the expert advisor reading the log file from the Terminal folder. but the problem now is : the log file not updating till to...
How can I test a EA in MetaTrader 5 with the Strategy Tester with a leverage of 1:400. It goes from 1:200 to 1:400. Thanks, 
hello world i have a question, i wrote a script that is showing large returns for various currencies and i want to know if this is a bug in expert advisor, has someone seen something like this before? its strange the other expert scripts don't have results like this. or maybe there is something...
Hi i have very good EA for binary but its very important the order to be opened at the same place as the opening of the new bar , now 90% of the time the order is opened when the current bar has been already formed ( in that broker the ticks are very fast , the broker is Grand Capital) on demo is...
Hi, Ineed to now how i get the style of the mouse when he is OnChart. I already try some functions and not have sucess yet OnMouseEvent() EventChartCustom() Wnd.MouseFlags() Does anyone can help me?
Hi. Please help: I have file with name values.ini in file is: scroll=1 shift=1 I need only change the value 1 to 0. How to do it in MQL? Thanks I have: ------------------------------------------------------------------ string file_name = "values.ini"; int fileHandle= -1, lasterror =...
I have an expert that enables to take entries on the market. The expert calculates the CCI and the moving average 100 from past 150 periods and gets a value in memory . Whenever the price is above the moving average, and the previous price has open and close on upper and lower to the moving average...
As you know people use many different indicators to enter or exit a position. if they do use the same, i find that they weight them differently in their strategy depending on wether they want to open or close a position. for that reason i propose that the wizard allows for two sets of signals to...
Hello world, I have written my first trailing algorithm. It inherits from CExpertTrailing and i find that under many circumstances i wish to close a position and not just adjust the tp or sl, is there a way i can close a position from within the my trailing object
I want to copy trades on my live account to a demo account. Is there any software that will do that? I can't just use the signal service here and subscribe to myself, as my live broker isn't on the list. Thanks
hi all is it possible have user input by having a drop down list to choose? i have googled around, can't seem to find a solution thanks
Hi Guys, need help to edit the MQ4 attach or maybe you have any EA/Script to what i need. much Appreciate if any could help. If i'm looking to buy, when i activate the EA/Script, it will immediately open a buy, subsequently the EA/Script will open another buy above the previous price with few...
<decompiled code removed> ----- This is my code for an EA. However, the EA just place Sell order but Buy order. Could any one help me to solve this problem?
Hi Guys, need help to edit the MQ4 attach or maybe you have any EA/Script to what i need. much Appreciate if any could help. If i'm looking to buy, when i activate the EA/Script, it will immediately open a buy, subsequently the EA/Script will open another buy above/below the previous price with...
Hello all, Does anybody familiar with a possibility to script the strategy tester? For example, I have 3-4 parameters for my EA that I want to optimize. Thus, I want to set them for some initial values, run the test, record the results. Then change the parameters, run the test, record the result....
I em currently usingposition.Profit() to get the current profit, but how can I getthe previous tick profit?
  Strategy tester  (4)
I found 5 Mismatched errors when I run strategy tester for my EA What is mean by Mismatched error, please help what i did wrong? 
Hi guys, according to your experience, from which time to which time do M1 EAs work best? Thx, FF
hi i am trying to get the EA to check if the current ask/bid is above/below my target price, execute a function. So the script needs to constantly check the current bid/ask price My question is, do i need to add any special command or routine so that it will be constantly checking for the current...
Hi, I calculate my trade parameters as follows: entry=iLow(NULL,0,1)-20.0;tp=entry-InitalTarget;sl=entry+InitalStop;Print(DisplayTimeStr," [",Symbol(),"] Time ["+LondonDate+" "+LondonTime+"]", " BuyOrSell '",BuyOrSell,"' entry ", DoubleToString(entry,Digits),"...
I tried to write a Script that save my market and pending orders, I've noticed a (cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Scripts\test.ex4' ) in the Expert tab in MT4 This is the Code. void OnStart() { //--- int handle=FileOpen("OrdersReport.csv",FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV,"\t");...
Hey Guys, I'm a newbie and am thinking of learning how to write an EA. However I'm just wondering whether it's possible to program an EA to run another EA? Thanks
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+// DO NOT DELETE THIS HEADER// DELETING THIS HEADER IS COPYRIGHT INFRIGMENT //// Copyright ©2011, ForexEAdvisor.com// ForexEAdvisor Strategy Builder version 0...
  Alarm  (2)
Has this anything to do with alarm when I turn of the EA #include &lt;stderror.mqh&gt;&nbsp; the sound drives me crazy.
[Deleted]
Hi, how check what 500 pips level was last time? I need set buy if last 500pips level was below curent open bar and sell when was above current bar open. I have got something like this : (Please excuse any errors in english.) //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
Hey mates , can you please tell me why there are 4 error in my code, I cant fix them . if(StopLoss) double BuyStopLoss = Ask - (StopLoss * Point); if(TakeProfit) double BuyTakeProfit = Ask + (TakeProfit * Point); //Open Buy Order BuyTicket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,LotSize, Ask...