Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 349

[Deleted]
as we knw for MT5, close sell order is by open the new buy order, and close buy order is by open the sell order. but how's in hedging MT5 acc ? yesterday before markets close, for my oneclickpad expert MT5, when i m trying to close the buy order, but it is executing the new sell order.
In MT4, OrderSend() and OrderClose() send instructions to server, the server do the trade instructions and return a response. But, if the server do the trade instructions successfully but the response come back to client lost due to bad network, OrderSend() and OrderClose() should return false. This...
Hello, I wanna open an operation with 2 lots and i wanna sell one lot When the profit is got and after When the second profit is got, i close the position. This code works good with an account without hedge but with hedge i can't close with the opposite action. What do i need? it doesn't work...
  good indicator  (2)
hello can you help me i found a good indicatore but get error: 2016.06.24 23:11:29.999 #Momentum onChartSignals Indicator v1.0 EURUSD,H1: zero divide in '#Momentum onChartSignals Indicator v1.0.mq4' (129,46) for mt4 971 your help is much appreciated thank you
Hi, just a question, if i have an EA that i want to sell whats the best way to manage clients on a trial and subscription Thanks in advance
hi everyone i read this article: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/586 i can test free experts on strategytester but when i want to test market experts on strategytester ,it doesnt work and takes no position and result is empty. what is the problem?
hello coders,i am using an indicator which gives me daily pivot,support & resistance levels I want to have weekly and monthly pivots also,may be in different file
extern double Price_Target=0.0; //The Price at which you want to CLOSE & DELETE all Orders.extern string Profit_Target= "ENTER ABOVE THE PRICE YOU TARGET";extern bool SELL =...
I'm receiving this error in the MT5 tester: ResetLastError(); MqlTick tick; SymbolInfoTick(_Symbol, tick); double orderLots       = NormalizeEntrySize(lots); double stopLossPrice   =...
Hi, I am an absolute beginner on Meta Trader 4 so please forgive me if this is an stupid question. I've subscribed to an signal wich is making trades and working fine. I only have one question about the "volume" indicator because it looks like as if it is trading with verry smal amounts unless...
Hi, im trying to code an EA, but the trade continue to open once the condition is meet.. i need some help.. so the trade only trigger per MA cross, until wait for next cross to trigger next trade.. any one who good in programming can help ?
I understand the tick data from different brokers are different. But the data get from tickdata downloader of StrategyQuant is same for all brokers. Can I use it for certain broker? Which broker is the tick data of StrateyQuant same as or from? Besides, how about tick story? The spreads...
Hi, any one can teach me or have any example how to write a script /EA to monitor MT4 terminal result ? I have few EA attached to one terminal.. the script serve as a monitoring medium to pause the MT4 for xxx hours/period if consecutive losses of xxx trade... any one can help or guide me ?
Hello, could you add an option that once a backtest was stopped, it can be continued from that point onwards when once clicks on "continue"? Thx
Hi there, I have got a question about Chart Events: Is it possible to check out, when a chart window becomes the “on top” one / gets the focus? Already checked: Having e.g. the UK100 chart-window maximize on top, I call the e.g. EURUSD window to maximize by klicking the tab below. Both windows
I have read many topics about connecting MT with Matlab via DLL,files or special library. Also many people try to use R to help Expert Advisors with forecasting and data analysis. I know there is possibility to make communication with MetaTrader via sockets, pipes or database. There are many methods...
During backtest of an EA, the closed lot size couldnot match opened lot size (always smaller than opened ones) for same transaction.See attached pic. Some lot sizes are matched, but some are not. Is it normal? Ifnot, why can this happen? How can I correct it?
Hello everyone! I'm trying to calculate rsi in my dll:         double rsi(int period, double *open, double *high, double *low, double *close,  int pos) {                double nsum = 0.0, psum = 0.0, dif;                for (int a = 1; a <= period; a++) {                        dif = close[(pos -...
Hi, i updated my PC from Win 8.1 to Win 10 yesterday, everything seems to work fine but in MT4 i have the problem, that all my EA which i bought from the marketplace aren´t recognized as bought anymore. They are listed in my marketplace / bought list, some have the "update" button some not, but in...
I am trying to get a total count of buy (open buy + buylimit + buystop) and sell (open sell + selllimit + sellstop) orders at a particular price level. The following function code seems to get the count correctly in some instances but shows a zero count in other cases. I am not able to figure out...
why? how come? the cpu % also seems 0% what are causes these? i test another EA , same time migration, the other EA worked HELP
Hi! I need help... I want to create are these 6 functions: TicketNumber = N[n] TicketNumber = M[m] TicketNumber = X[x] TicketNumber = Y[y] TicketNumber = V[v] TicketNumber = W[w] Such that: ALL Positions: Order = N[n] = M[m] 142370816 = N[0] = M[13] 142370788 = N[1] = M[12] 142370758...
Hi I have been trying toput together a simple alert that will do the following: Place an UP arrowunder a candle that has met a set of criteria (e.g., Close[1] - Open[1] &gt; 10points) Place a DOWN arrowabove a candle that has met a set of criteria (e.g., Open[1] - Close[1] &gt; 10points) The...
Is there a code to measure the candle's body similar to iHighest() or iLowest()? iBody() ? iBuy() - Code to place buy orders iSell() - Code to place sell orders
hello, im using mt4 with renko and want to run an ea on the renko live chart using https://www.mql5.com/de/code/11739 for renko chart and test an one liner ea on the renko chart void OnTick(){Print("test");} normally you get with every tick the test insert in your journal, but on renko...
I'm trying to get the half price value between 52 weeks high and 52 weeks low. But it's not coming out right, does anyone know what's wrong with this code? double ThisYearHigh = iHighest(NULL,1440,3,50,0); // Calculation for Highest price inside range.double ThisYearLow = iLowest(NULL,1440...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have tried to find a solution to the way of calculating SMA of ATR in mql4. Obviously you can do this in the chart: apply a moving average to ATR but how to do this in mql? Thanks
Hello, All is in the title. If anyone can explain, when closing a position, the difference between TRADE_ACTION_DEAL and TRADE_ACTION_CLOSE_BY. Apparently is it the same? In the Trade.mqh file, it is closing using TRADE_ACTION_DEAL. With my broker, in certain occasions, Trade.ClosePosition opened...
I'm developing an EA that sends a stack of orders. Each stack has an unique magic number and depending on my criteria I close all the deals in the stack. I want to store the bid and ask price for a magic number for later use. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do that. If I was doing this with
  Updates to EAs  (3)
I have purchased an EA for some months now. If the seller releases an update to this EA (ie New Version), will it automatically apply to my running EA, or do I have to sacrifice one activation to have the update?