Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 173

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello , dear friends how I can use mt5 offline like mt4 , I want use offline for backtest because I think my DSL has a problem with some servers and I'm tired of testing anyway , because all my result different together best all my result with alpari meta trader as default mql5 website platform...
I had some suspicious results running MetaTester on the cloud so I decided to dig a bit deeper. Running version 1010 64 bit. The first indication was that the results shown after a strategy run was not the same as when running a single run from the list. Most of the time the results in the list...
Slavin12
  Round numbers (4)
Hello, how I round number to 5 decimals places? Thank
I'm currently looking into the programming needed to create a new EA. What I can't seem to find at this point is if its possible to somehow test this EA on historical charts. More for the sake of seeing how it would work and testing. Is this possible somehow? Thank you! Matt
Hi, I'm new to the EAs and the trading systems world, I wondered if its possible to run more than one EA at a time and let each EA manage only part of the money of the account. so for example if i have a 10k$ account and 5 EAs I want each one to manage only 2k$ Is it possible? and if yes how...
Hi guys, I have a program on matlab. When it finishes the calculations it produces two signals. I and 0. I is a buy and 0 is a sell. How can I incorporate this with a tradining robot on metatrader. so this robot should be able to read the buy / sell signal from matlab
Hello all; I've recently subscribed to a signal. However, it reads "signal provider has maximal volume of 10000, subscriber has 50" on my MT4 terminal. I have a standard account with 100.000 maximum volume per lot and 500:1 leverage. I have 4300 USD in my account. Signal provider has 4100 USD...
Flat out from Experience , what is the best EA on the Market right now ? I have been looking for this topic to no avail , i like <removed by mod> . Now give your opinion only from experience , like a year or so .. Guide people to pick the right EA .
I use this function: void BuySample3() { //--- 3. example of buying at the specified symbol with specified SL and TP double volume=0.1; // specify a trade operation volume string symbol="EURUSD"; //specify the symbol, for which the operation is performed int...
Hi , I have set 2 new Eas that work properly with one broker only . It is on the 1H chart , and every tick is taken under consideration . But when I try other brokers , with MT4 , the EA enters some orders and is not entering other orders for same entry settings for the next hours....
I wrote a program to use timer event. I doubt that EventSetTimer is not supported for replay. Since I didn't find any discriptions in the document, I publish this topic to get confirmation. Here are the code: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
NonciAzzecco
Hi, I have to come a conclusion and I have a simple question for Metaquotes guys: - Will be possible, to use external history data in MT5, within the next 1 or 2 quarter? I need a modern platform to trade and back-test my EA. MT4 is too slow when you have to back-test and optimize over 5+ years....
  OrderSend (3)
Hi, I create an EA and i use Strategy tester to test it. I use Alpari Demo account. Unfortunately, when i want send order, i recieve an error "invalid request 10013", but when i run EA manually, a same order is sent, without error "Request completed 10009". Please help. hereafter, the send...
I've developed an EA that uses auto lot sizing, and functions on several different currency pairs. Is there a way to set up strategy tester to back test so that I'm testing all charts together, so that they'd affect each others auto lot sizing to mimic a real account?
Hello, last time i had a problem with order modify, this problem is solved, i just used the same code void OnTick()&nbsp;&nbsp;{ if(PositionSelect(_Symbol))&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; { if(PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE)==POSITION_TYPE_BUY &&...
Hi, I figured out how to deeply reduce the memory used by the EA in a way it could be optimized with the cloud. Nobody's has provided a solution for that, here's what worked - for me. 1. Purify your code : ZeroMemory all variables when not used anymore, ArrayFree/ArrayResize all the array when...
There is Errors appear on the Strategy Tester journal , I didn’t understand them , The image : And this is the code of the trailing stop function void TrailingStop() { for( int b = OrdersTotal()-1; b>=0; b-- )&nbsp;&nbsp; if(OrderSelect( b, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES))...
  Result of EMA (3)
Hello, i try to run my EA on a 1H chart, but i calculate an EMA on daily basis, so i use this code to get the daily EMA double EMA500 = iMA(_Symbol,PERIOD_D1,50,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE);double EMA501 = iMA(_Symbol,PERIOD_D1,50,1,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE); The interresting thing, EMA500...
Is it possible to set or inquire which optimization method to use? In order to use a custom method the type of method has to be set to "Custom max" on the input panel and the appropiate module has to be loaded in "OnInit" It is easy to forget one or the other
Hi, Was wondering wish is the relation between timeframe & period (of let's say an indicator). ie : Indicator : TF : M1 / Period 24 Same indicator : TF : M10 / Period : ? Or what would the M1's period corresponding to a timeframe of M10 ? 10*24 ?
Hello. I hope someone could guide me with my code below. This is different from AccountProfit for I need to track only the Equity of my account, more often to profit side before closing all positions in my portfolio. Thanks. //-------------------------------------------------------------------+ //...
I'm Searching in Code Base for Export Displaying How Many Opened Lots for Eeach Sympol . If any one know t such expert please link it and I will be highly appreciated.
Hi, I updated RAM to 2*4Giga, seems only 1*4Giga used by the tester, is there anyway to make the tester use the whole memory ? It takes also only 1*4Gb when used as a remote agent, with only 1 agent created.
Hi all, i try to code an expert advisor with an automated position closing after x days. It is constructed an a daily basis and in Tradestation there is a function called "barssinceentry" for this routine. The entry is based on a moving average and the advisor have to save the date to close the...
I have a set statement in 2 variations dpending on what "mode" I am running the EA ParameterSetRange("ModFactorTP",false,0,0,0,0); Alternative 1 //Do not optimize but set a value of "0" ParameterSetRange("ModFactorTP",true,1,-0.4,0.2) Alternative 2 //Optimize with...
Hi, The memory ontick error's solution has not been provided by no one yet. I've purified my code as possible, reduced the memory, but it's still enough to run a one-year optimization. Another error appeared (transformation error). Is there any way to solve it ? I have 4giga (ram) & can't take...
samimaps
Hello is possible to send variable from MQL4 to DLL ? if yes ,please help me ... how to write code ??
Good Afternoon, As I increase the number of remote agents in my LAN, I am staring to get the "occupied by another terminal" message @ Diary tab when running Strategy Tester. Unfortunatelly the only way I see to unlock the port is rebooting the machine. Does anyone know the reason for this message...
I create a Ea that playes with the pin bars and a SMA , but the Ea didn't see some good PinBars , and I don't know why he do that . help please .
Hello Fellow Traders. Just one interesting question about Swap rate. Using this code below, I sometimes get negative swap rate for both currency pairs. Does this make sense in terms of economics ? For example, for EURJPY, I get long swap = -0.5 and short swap = -3.0. Is this means that I will...