Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 335

Hi, I need help. Seriously. Please. I'm trying to solve my problem for a couple days, but still can't solve it. I'm trying to open trades with stoploss in direction of trend (based on moving average) on each $1 move. Like : Price is above moving average, BUY on price $5, SL $4. Price goes to $6
Is there some method to check if the market is closed or open for trade. Except for getting an return code of 10018 when trying to place an order
I need more tick data for backtesting. Currently only have 31 october 2016 to present on all major currencys.   Can someone supply/direct me to a place to get the whole year of "2016.hcc" tick data for eur/usd, aud/usd, usd/chf etc etc...   Or, how to convert csv tickdata to hcc?   Man MT5 is a...
I have an EA that opens its first position when  an active trend line is crossed. This trend line is removed when the first position is filled so that this active trend line does not interfere with any other orders. Sometimes the platform closes down. This is rare but it happens.  (I don't mean...
Hey, I'm creating an EA and to get it working I need to get the strike value of an option. I'm using the function SymbolInfoDouble ("Option", SYMBOL_OPTION_STRIKE); but its always returning zero...  I found that function here: https://www.mql5...
So I was using this piece of code to calculate the most recent bar.      static datetime BarTime=0;    datetime now_bar=Time[0];    if(BarTime!=now_bar)      {       BarTime=now_bar;      }  I am having trouble converting it to do the same thing on meta trader 5. Im relatively new to coding but...
Hi, I have a trend following EA. It seems to work fine except for one problem. And that is, with given conditions it opens position at the end of the trend as well as it does along the way and gets trapped in a drawdown. I was wondering if there is any way that can prevent it from opening a position...
[Deleted]
when to use ? what to use ? and which to use ??    
Is it possible to make a strategy tester run on TODAY's data? As far as I could see, testing process stops on YESTERDAY's last bar. Please, help.
I wonder if anyone can help me, I'm just starting to learn mql5 and I'm having problems getting any programs to actually run!! I have this code snippet:- // Input variables input double TradeVolume= 0.1 ; input int StopLoss= 1000 ; input int TakeProfit= 1000 ; input int MAPeriod= 10 ;
[Deleted]
how to solve it ? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //+ For Position Sell Breakeven Trailing    for (int i = PositionsTotal() - 1; i >= 0; i--)    {    if (ForAllSymbol || PositionGetSymbol(i)...
Dear all, I am writing a trading panel. Pressing a button it creates two CiMA objects. Both indicators are then displayed as red lines. Could somebody give me a hint at where the documentation shows how to change the colors of indicators created this way? Thanks in advance! Thomas 
Hello I would like to change the size of the windows from the program. ! It is not about the subwindows of the indicators ! For example, there four open chart with different symbols (EURUSD, GBPUSD etc.). I would like to control the size and position of the chart-windows within the big MT5 windows.....
Hello, im starting to MQL5 and trying to create a custom indicator but for some reason the debug stopped to print the values:   //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|                                                      MIN_MAX.mq5 |...
Hi I think i get type conversion warning because ulong has no negative value possible, but the calculation could finish negative... (For understanding the fSpot is a double with the actual price witch is turned in his one magicnumber by multiplying it with 1000000) ...i know it will not, but how to...
  graphic  (1)
The graph scrolls to the starting point as I get rid of this configuration to flow back without continuing to do it again. we can remove for free movement of the graphic
Hi. I would like to check my subscribed Signal provider's Balance from EA, and find 'SignalBaseGetDouble' with SIGNAL_BASE_BALANCE. So I tried SignalBaseGetDouble(SIGNAL_BASE_BALANCE), and it returns 0.8 when my signal provider has now $12,600 on MQL5 signal page. Could somebody tell me what I am
Hello there , i got a ea where he takes MG on the next candle if the strategy dont work. but now i want the EA to stop after 3 or 4 losses and take loss. But my Ea keep doing the MG on the next candle. Does some one know the code for stopping The ea after 4 x taking a MG ?   thx you very much....
Hi I code a trailingfunktion below one of the last candles. But this code returns the lowest Bid price - fine so far but i need the Ask price.   double   lowest = 0;   int      TrailingCandles = 2; int minIdx;    //-- Tiefpreis aus X(TrainilgCandles) Candels          double low[];...
However the MQL5 Reference  /  Timeseries and Indicators Access / IndicatorCreate states: You can pass no more than 256 parameters Receive a fault message with 65 elements: 2016.12.08 13:52:46.474 Core 1 2010.01.01 00:00:00   E086400203 LokForTreFil_01 (20160201).mqh CForTreFil_01::InitCustomInd...
Hi, I am currently migratingsome of my tools from mq4 to mq5 and I am struggling to get the pip/tick countof closed orders. My only issue is toget the ENTRY PRICE of closed orders. Here is the piece ofcode that I am using          datetime    deal_close_time = 0;...
Dear Coders Lately I have found that MQL5.com introduced some automatic Validation for their product page when people submitted ex4 or ex5 files. I am just curious if this means that MQL5.com can read source code inside our ex4 or ex5 file ? Can someone clarify this  ? If they can't what is the...
I have been testing new code on one of my EAs and I believe it created some kind of bug. I changed the name of the EA while it was still attached to a chart. When I turn the new EA on it doesn't open any trades. I did try manual trading and it opens fine, but closes the manual trading as if the EA
How do I get the values from the previous candlestick of a given timeframe in MT5?
Hi All, I have been looking at code, which imports calendar events from the following link: http://www.forexfactory.com/ffcal_week_this.xml I was just wondering if anybody was aware of an xml link that provides news data, (not calendar data). I have tried the following, but the link doesn't work
Dear all, I created a ComboBox object in an indicator subwindow(by the code attached), But when I click the drop-down arrow next to the control , nothing was pop out. What is wrong with my code? Many thanks for your time and efforts
hi, in order to complete my own EA, I need the open,close,high and low prices of last 4 candles. which function is used to get these different prices(each candle's ) in MQL5? I'm not using any Indicators.. just following candlestick patterns what will be the code to get the following 1. candle...
Hi, I'm new to this and would like to know if it is possible to install an EA on the WebTerminal, I'll appreciate some help.   Regards 
I'm wondering if there is a script (or EA available that I may be able to get some ideas regarding the code here) that will place orders based on fib levels. What I'm hoping for is something like this: Draw the fibo or use auto fibo Place an order at 61.8 Does such a script exist or can someone give...