Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 331

So I have a custom indicator, A .mq5 file.  How would I call on it in my EA to use it? Do I add it as an include file and use the iCustom function? 
I would like to draw some graphics to the chart from a script. I use the standard library classes and objects. I would like to keep the objects on the chart after the script finished, but the objects destructor automatically clean them.   How can I draw remaining objects from a script? 
  A coding book  (9)
Is there any book existing other than MQL5 help? Or any detailed examples of coding?
Hello, I use Wine and my MT4 on my mac. I just purchased an EA here, how can I use it on my mac version of MT4? In options I added my mql5 user e password and then? thanks 
I want to use a time filter with my EA and I was wondering if the local time is my computer's time and will be migrated as such to the VPS, or is it the VPS time and the EA will trade (or not) using that time as local?  For example my MT4 platform and my computer is in Greece, so when I load my EA...
Hello, I am looking for a tool in mql5 or for MT4 where i can have a P&L summary per day, per week, per month of all my accounts I want to evaluate. Example: Account 1: +20 Account 2: -50 Account 3: +100 P&L summary: +70 Best Regards. Christian
  get the slope of a trendline  (15   1 2)
hi,  how can I get the slope of a trendline thanks
I keep getting open error for iCustom. Heiken_Ashi.ex5 is in indicator folder. I think I have messed up the handle. Here is handle and heiken_ashi indicator code. There arent any other handle parameters I need are there? Heiken Ashi just changes the candlesticks with a bit of math. There are no...
Basically, what the question suggests. Can I close down my MT4 application as well as my system when its connected to an MQL5 Hosting plan and the platform will still run?
Good morning I have found this article interesting. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/115 However before using named pipe i would like to have some justifications in terms of few practal points. The article suggest named pipe as robust tool for inter communication or data exchange in the local...
  please help me  (2)
OrderGetInteger(ORDER_POSITION_ID); hi my firend please help me for used this function or similar function in mql4
  EA testing  (4)
I have tested an EA in the tester and with broker one it make a profit of 2k/year and with broker 2 a loss of 2k/year with same settings in the EA and tester why?
Dear Traders, I was using the codes Time[i],Open[i],High[i],Low[i],Close[i],Volume[i] and iTime,iOpen,iHigh,iLow, iClose ,iVolume in MT4 but it seems MT5 don't have any of this kind of syntax's. I would like to know the alternate code for this in MT5 Kind Regards
  Programming  (2)
I would like to know how to tell if the chart window is visible. I want to modify an indicator  to detect pin bars and give a sound. I'd like to make sure only the current chart receives the sound and not any of the others that are not visible.   Regards Ricky  
Hi, how to code an EA that OP at specific time.?  Example logic: TF: H1 1. If candle close is bearish  at time 10.00am then EA will OP buy at next open candle ( at 11.00am) 2. If candle close is bullish at time 10.00am  then EA will OP sell at next open candle ( at 11.00am) 3. If candle close...
Hi, I am looking for a very simple EA. Equity control . when my balance is 1000 it records the equity When balance reaches 1250 it automatically closes all current orders but does not effect the new orders of a EA. I need the EA to work on profit and not percentage of the equity. Does anyone know of
Hi, Want to backtest an EA that has hedging feature under the circumstance that hedging is prohibited and need to follow FIFO rule (Regulation is the US) to see how it works. Is there any way to force the tester to obey no hedging and FIFO rules? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Where withing mql5 are the chart timeframes declared? I want to add custom timeframes to use in my EA, but  cant' find where I can add in new constants for Period_M** 
I spose id use Mqlrates so...   MqlRates rates[];    int copied=CopyRates(NULL,0,1,1,rates);    if(copied<=0)       Print("Error copying price data ",GetLastError());    else    {    Print("Copied ",ArraySize(rates)," bars");    }  Ive used this and it prints that its selected the previous bar...
Hi guys, Inside my EA I'm trying to create a button to export a personal graphic of equity curve, or histogram of operation, or any kind of graphic. But I'm didn't find a way to export to JPG or BMP. In realy I'm trying to do a personal report. I already looked inside some classes, examples and...
A very noobie question; What happens if I use a negative SL at PositionOpen? (the order is sent anyway? It goes with a zero SL?)
Greetings,   I am new to this scripting and I'm currently implementing a Order script which helps me to insert orders.  My question is on the expiry datetime. I have noticed that at pending orders, I can set the expiry datetime. But when it get into positions, I couldn't modify it. Do the expiry...
Hi, I Need help to stop a EA of working on my real account. After back testing a EA I put it to work on my real accout, after a few weeks it starts to go grazie and I cant stop it of opening trades even after autotrading stop on the Metatrader 4. Can somebody explain and help me please. Thanks Jacob
Hi, I am trying to make a simple script to just buy some stocks automatically. I used the following code: void OnStart()   {   MqlTradeRequest request={0};   MqlTradeResult result={0};   request.symbol=_Symbol;   request.volume=1;   request.price=112;   request.action=TRADE_ACTION_PENDING;   request...
Hello!  I used to write in mql4 and now coming back I'm having a very hard time getting my ea to work using mql5. One example, in the past I've been able to use something like this:  for(int i=0;i<10;i++) {   variable[i] = iMA(Symbol(),0,13,8,MODE_SMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,i); }  This was great! I...
I have been playing around with EA's for a while now and came to this theory. Some EA's makes profit good and fast, some EA's makes profit slower. Some EA's lose a bit of profit and then later starts making good profit. It all depends on the way your strategies are set up within the EA's But now I...
I want to implement some way to log my OpenPositions, modifyPositions (SLTP changes) and closePositions (by EA or by SLTP) to generate some metrics.   So I read the docs: onTrade and historySelect to implement a code to print all Deals and Orders history. The SLTP operations are in the history, but...
I am using Custom max optimization mode. I have the following list: Running single test (using right click on the above) I get the following in the Journal: OnTester result 16.70300875033711 The difference is quite big. And 16 is the correct number. After some investigation I have found the for...