Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 330

So, I read a lot about the actual performance of an EA being sub-par as compared to the strategy tester results. Most of the time, when I look at the pretty screenshots of people's EAs and see this fantastic equity curve, I'll immediately look at the spread they used. You'll notice that most of the
Hi everybody, I'm using MT5 build 1510 with a MetaQuotes-Demo Account (Hedge). The server is MetaQuotes-Demo Server. Here a simple EA copied and slightly modified from MQL5 Reference / Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Data Structures / Price Data Structure:   int g_fp; int...
hi every one i need the code to buy when color of volume indicator == green & volume >=3000 & period time == h1  i tried icustome(); but i failed  please help
i try to change my mode from the netting mode to the Hedge mode, so i want to selct the histroy order with MagicNumber and Symbol, i use follofing code   double last_deal_volume(const string symbol, const int magic)   {   double deal_price;   double deal_volume;   double deal_profit;      // ---...
I need to get if the candle is green or red programatically. I already tried to use MqlRates and MarketBookGet to recover this info, but with no success. Can you help me? 
  optimization  (2)
Hi, what is optimization good for? And how does it work? Regards
Hi,  I'd like to make an entry system that is a little quicker than manually creating orders. After identifying an AB boundary, I'd like to place 5 entries on specific  retracement levels, 38.2%, 50%, 61.8%, 72%, 86% all with the same stop (behind the A). The target will start at the 161.8%...
I want check all currency Bid price NormalizeDouble( MarketInfo(TradePairs[i]+suffix,MODE_BID),MarketInfo(TradePairs[i]+suffix,MODE_DIGITS)) But this code return Wrong bid price For example return result for NZDUSD 0.7273500000000001
I have the '*.set' file for an EA. In the MT5 user guide I read that this file is located in Tester directory. How can I open this '*.set' file to read its content? Also, should it have the same root name as its EA for it to be applied to the EA? Thank you.
Hi friends, I think I found a bug in one of the include files that come with MT5: Its in class COrderInfo (file trade\OrderInfo.mqh) line 194. Below code is an excerpt from this file: lines 171-199. The bug is in method TypeTimeDescription(). As you can see it returns the wrong data namely the same...
  Why anyone who sells signals withdraws  (81   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Hello, I wonder why those who sell signals start by making money and then withdraw it immediately and start trading. I calculated that their profit percentage from 1000% and above is not comparable to what is on their balance or the machine starts counting from the first opening balance and
Hi. Is this proper Russian language?? or some other language ? what is this " Ôóíêöèÿ " ? Why I see a lot of comment like   "// Äîï. ïðîâåðêà ïðîòîêîëà " but google translate never work for the language? Are they broken language ? How can I get the meaning of this language ? Your help will be...
Hello. How can I check the data logs of the used EA (in MQL4/Files folder)? I'm using MQL5 VPS Webzilla. Many thanks for your help! br. Pekka
Hi Everyone. I am relatively new here and I would like to commend you all for your good Input. I have an ea which I want to modify the lotsize calculation. Right now its a pending order ea which sends trades in batches, 5 buystops and 5 sellstops and it also calculates lotsize in ascending order...
Hi All, I did some research but could not find what I need. Hence, I hope anyone can help me. I am trying to store value A for X minutes until the value change and compare the current A value. So I am comparing a X min ago A value and the current value. I am not looking for the current and previous...
All the EA's that i've seen that has partial closing feature, they all force you to put how many pips for a 50% partial close in example. What i just want, is a button 50% to partially close the current pair. Maybe two buttons, 25% and 50%. You see, im a manual trader, i'm not calculating pips or...
Hi All,   Wondering if anyone has any experience and feedback on loading an style template file to the chart where you are loading your Expert advisor? Im actually look at this for 2 reasons. I am running it and debugging and need to see the indicators im using at the same time to work out what bit...
Hi, I'm new to coding EA's and would like to know if its possible to dynamically build a comment on a new position based on input parameters , such as Symbol, TimeFrame, Period etc.. anything I have predefined in input parameters. The purpose so I can quickly identify what conditions were used to
[Deleted]
Hi MQL5 Experts, I am a newcomer to MQL programming, read also several tutorial articles about custom indicators, alert functions and indicator integrations. But I am now stuck in my way of customizing the DRAW_Indicator (https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/customind/indicators_examples/draw_color_arrow)...
in certain price I have 2 Or more pending orders , If these orders activated I want to open only 2 new pending orders  :  Example :     Sell Stop 1  @ 1.2250  sell Stop 2 @ 1.2250     if activated i want to open 2 sell stop  (not 4 , because it open 2 new pending orders for each activated order)...
hello.  i wanted to make EA based on below conditions but i dont know how.   At 8am, Open 5 buy limit and 5 sell limit. 1st Buy/sell limit is : 15 pips from current price 2nd Buy/sell limit is : 20 pips from current price 3rd Buy/sell limit is : 25 pips from current price 4th Buy/sell limit is : 30...
I have written a couple of EA'S using mql5 get a " CTrade::OrderSend: instant buy 1.00 AUDUSD at 0.75029 tp: 0.76029 [trade disabled] I do not understand why I am getting this. I watched several videos doing EA's and when they are running the balance in the demo changes . Please help As you may have
Hi guys, Is there a program / a way to compare 2 EA files? I need the differences in the code highlighted in yellow or something so I can see what the programmer I hired did! Thanks a  lot.
Im trying to make the simple moving average cross as a practise ea on mt5. Im confused as to how to select previous bars on the indicator. heres the mt4 code of what im trying to do on mt5 double previousfast = iMA ( NULL , 0 ,fastma,fastmashift,fastmamethod,fastmaappliedto, 2 ); double currentfast
  Need help  (3)
I have an EA and it is arbitrage EA. It is master and slave EA. I use slave to Alpari Standard type account. And he wants to open trades but all time gives me requotes . from 100 trades trys to open, he open 1 trade and 99 are requotes. What can i do to don`t have that requotes? Thanks
One of my friends Believe on one EA He gave it to me I don't know who made this EA I just know One name: auto trading robot-bl and I found this in google: https://www.mql5.com/en/job/13510 is there any source available who made this?
MqlTick Price; step2 = true ; Print ( "FastMA has crossed below SlowMA, Initiating Trade function" ); request.action = TRADE_ACTION_DEAL ; request.deviation = 20 ; request.magic = 1337 ; request.symbol = _Symbol ; request.volume = Lots; request.type =
Hello! First, I'm new to MT5. I encountered OrderSelect and OrderSend on my sample code I try to study. I have no idea how to fix it it show "return value of 'OrderSend' should be checked " "return value of 'OrderSelect' should be checked" Thankyou OrderSelect //OrderSelect warning OrderSelect
  Hedging EA  (9)
Is there a hedging EA that can work with manually opened trades or those placed by another EA that will automatically open a hedging position if let's say trade went -20 pips to prevent further loss?
i want to I would like Auto Trading an expert on a other meta on a other system that controls please help me Thanks a lot