Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 253

Hello. My EA considers charts on 3 pairs (hard coded in source code) and than trades on eurusd.Can this kind of EA be backtested in MT4? Can MT4 read data from more pairs in backtest mode?  Lets say I run backtest on eurusd and in source code I specify that EA should look for data on other pairs as...
Hi, is it anyhow possible to load history data and do the backtesting on it beyond the year 1970? MT4/MT5 any suggessions where this might be possible elsewher? Thks Volks,
if (iLow(Symbol(),Aggregation,1)>iMA_(Symbol(), Aggregation, 15, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1))      if (iLow(Symbol(),Aggregation,2)>iMA_(Symbol(), Aggregation, 15, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 2))      if (iLow(Symbol(),Aggregation,3)>iMA_(Symbol(), Aggregation, 15, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE,...
Hi, I am running two (or more) EA's on separate charts with different magic numbers. I found that the first EA has its position closed based on the logic in the second EA. How do I get them to run 100% independently. Just for example (without attaching the long code). EA1 closes position based on
Hi I have two potions opened. 1 buy and 1 sell.I want to close them at the same time. how do i do that using the inbuilt mt5 include codes? Thanks.
Hi everyone, I can't solve this programming error: "lastTime2" and "name2" do not work (no value is assigned to them), but "lastTime1" and "name1" work. Some idea? Thank you //Scriptstring name1,name2,name3;void OnStart() {   string Currency1=StringSubstr(_Symbol,0,3);   string...
Hi All, Thanks for your time in seeing my issue. I am trying to make logic with mql5 platform with some rules pre-defined in place,thus achieving auto trading. but i could not see my order is placing i.e both buy and sell on those rules in 2hourly,30min,5 min chart. kindly need some...
Hi! I'm facing a issue with MT5 Optimizer. I'm running some optimization and few days ago the results are zero trades for most part of the tests. But not for all tests combination. Just like this: I have an EA which was working fine for tests, but it started to give me this kind of report. Any ideas...
[Deleted]
How to get the new quotes without the ontick function  
Hello everyone, I am Max, I am a newcomer to robot trading and i'm french. So i apologize in advance if i have a bad English. I am trying to find a fairly simple expert consultant (in MT4 and MT5): EA must accept orders when certain conditions are met. First, the EA must accept orders under the...
Hi, I tried to load indicator from EA using this ChartApplyTemplate function.  But I don't know how to load with specified indicator parameters, When I tried with template it was load by default params. Like iCustom function with parameters, how to pass indicator parameters to load on template when...
high[1]>ma[1],cLOSE[2]<ma[2],open[0]-high[1]<N2, sell, IF HIGH>high[1](sell bar),close sell, if ma[1]>ma[2],close[1]>ma[1],close sell. buy as the same.
void BtnClose(int myOP){                ActiveOrderInt=0;                for(CloseCount=(OrdersTotal()-1);CloseCount>=0;CloseCount--){                if(OrderSelect(CloseCount,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==true && OrderMagicNumber()==ID && StringCompare(OrderSymbol()...
Hello everyone, so I have a trailing stop function which works but once it changes my SL it keeps doing it again and again So this is the function  void TrailingStop(){   //Last bar close price   MqlRates PriceInformation[];   ArraySetAsSeries(PriceInformation,true);   int Data=CopyRates(Symbol()...
  EA removed  (4)
Hi! I bought an EA that has been removed , I had 2 installations left, do I have lost it? Thanks to all
Hi Guys I would like to create a trading robot written in MQL4 that will be able to make trades in binary options, 60 second expiries, for example. The robot will send trades based on a strategy in MT4, the trades appear in the  terminal. Is this even possible? Please help.
  Working with XML  (1)
Hi all, I am developing EA in which I need to parse and read XML. Is there any XML library available which I can use to parse, read and search nodes. Thanks
I want to make a very fast local trade copier, Is writing to and reading from files is the only way to make a trade copier?
pending order triggered, then auto trailing stop came.... Possible? 
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, i try to use the CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_WHEEL on a new MT4 Build 1170. Confused ist that the MTEditor suggest me the event and the ENUM 'CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_WHEEL' for the ChartSetInteger function. But the ChartSetInteger function return false and GetLastError return 4210 = Unknown Chart Property....
Hi Please help me develop an EA based on this strategy : 144 period Linear weighted MA 5 period smoothed MA Time frame 15 min Lot size 0.01 No trade before the previous is closed - Buy conditions 1.) 5 SMA signal crosses above 144 LWMA signal 2.) Price is 10 pips above 144 LWMA - Sell conditions 1.)
void getActiveSignals(){    row = 0;    col = 0;    activeSignalsFileHandle = FileOpen(getActiveFileName(), FILE_CSV|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE, ',');    if(activeSignalsFileHandle>0)    {        while(True) //loop through each cell        {            string temp =...
I ma trying to find out order open time for a pending order> im using this function but still  don't get accurate results          long time1; datetime time_setup=OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TIME_SETUP,time1 ); I've used order select to select the order. Any help?
Hi I Have 2 Variables Of Type Double (Total Of Profit Pips And Total Of Loss Pips) In Ea And I Want Save Their Values In Text File Because I Need Their Value If I Close MT4 Or If  I Want Use Their Value In Another MT4 So Please Help Me To Save And Read Double Variables In File .    Thanks.
hello together. please need help to program an EA for closing open orders. important is that the function of pre-defined profit is possible. looking forward to hearing from you. thx walter
So I want an EA that open two pending orders at a specified time. The two pending orders are one buy stop and one sell stop with customizable distance from current price at that specified time. For instance, GBPUSD is at 1.26743 price level at 00.00 GMT+7. I want the EA to automatically open a buy...
Hi folks! I am not a programmer! Can someone help me out to set  this code up  in order to ignore all types of the DOJIs? Much oblied #property copyright "Copyright © 2010, Stephen Ambatoding."#property link      "sangmane@forexfactory.com"#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers...
Yikes, I have tested an EA similtaneously on an MQL5 VPS and on another account just on my computer. Same broker & server for both accounts. The EA  also had the same settings on both accounts. Completely different output. The VPS performs very badly and opens trades erratically. This is concerning....
  ObjectCreate bug  (6)
I have problem with ObjectCreate in MQL5. I coded as below and it seems working in backtest mode. ObjectCreate(_Symbol,iTime(Symbol(),Period(),bar)+":Arrow",OBJ_ARROW,1, iTime(Symbol(),Period(),bar),Top_Level); But,when I actually put the indicator to real charts,arrows are not created. And...
Hello guys, I am trying to use this script, but i got some issues which are: line 19 until 24 - "some operator expected and line 45 - variable "shif_open_close" not used. Can I have a little help from you?? Here it goes the code:...