Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 246

Decimal Number  (2)
please what piece of code can i use to reduce this number 79.77739518770201 to four places of decimal, that is it will be 79.7773 I don't know whether MathCell can do it.
I have created a custom indicator, DebugIncludeSignal.mq5, for EA debug purposes. The indicator has one buffer which are controlled by a set of two arrays, one time array and one signal array. DebugIncludeSignal.mql5 customer indicator works fine when I attach it to a chart. In order to see how...
Dear Friends, I'm currently using a PC with the following configuration to optimize my new EA with about 36 paths for 2.5 years (2017 till now): Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.8 GHz 2.81 GHz Installed Memory: 16 GB System type: 64-bit Operation System  Although this config is not weak for a PC,...
Hi at all, I'm studying and improving the framework of my EA, with a basic strategy that I use as an example, currently basic 2ma. I wonder, and now I ask you too: how useful is it to do tests with wrong parameter values ​​??? How do you have instrument values, TP and SL, or even others ... I show...
Hello.. good day to all.. am coding a ROBOT based on (STOCHASTICS, RSI, MOMENTUM, FX5 and MACD) Divergence... i don't know What technical indicator to "exit" a trade with.. need help..
In strategy testing I need history data, even before the start date of the test. How can I request it? Bars will only provide data from after the start date. As one optimisable parameter is the length of the data I use at one time, my tests are inconsistent as the actually testing won't start at the...
I need an ea just set an automatic stop loss .. but not in pips I need to set a level all the deals close at  Can anyone help me in 
what does this do? if I set this up, when I use PositionOpen it should follow? and why do I still need to input a deviation when I use PositionClose?
Does anybody know of a trailing stop loss robot that uses the percentage of take profit with multiple levels?
The EA runs well these days but suddenly gives this error today: Access violation... I just did some small changes and compiled well.  Because the code can be compiled well, I don't know what the problem is. And I can't understand the error report. Please teach me how to solve the problem. Thanks
if I want close 100 orders in 1 second, EA can do it?
how to set the parameter "Signal_ITF_BadHoursOfDay" ??? I would like to trade from 10am to 4pm. https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/expertclasses/csignal/signal_time_filter Parameter Description...
Hi everyone, I am wondering if there is a possibility to code an entry condition where the price is > or < a trendline drawn on the chart. Is there any possibility to get the value of a trendline in mql5? Is it possible to compare the price with the value of the trendline on the same date? Thanks a...
Hi In fast genetic optimization The default number of passes for many step is 10000. One day I tested mql5 ea from market and I see it can increase number of passes more than 10000 passes (exp 30000) . Now I need get more accuracy in my optimization result . how I can change default number of
Greetings, I ran a search and did not see a mention of how to fix my problem. Maybe I am searching for the wrong thing. This seems extremely basic. I have used #include <Charts/Chart.mqh>, after using redraw, the chart does not seem to update.  This is my first time really looking for help with code...
Hello dear friends At Metatrader 4, when we wanted optimization Expert we had a parameter called Consecutive Loss Trades Do we have the same parameter in Metatrader 5 in optimization ? Thank you
Hi,Can I have the ATR number of a particular candle on my chart when I click on the candle. Thanks
Basically, I want my EA to manage open trades with OrderModify(). My EA is programmed to take trades when 2 Moving Averages are crossing. Every time the 2 Moving Averages cross, it opens 2 trades. Trade 1: Take Profit = 1.0 * ATR Stop Loss = 1.5 * ATR Trade 2: No Take Profit Stop Loss = 1.5 * ATR...
Hello, I've found a bug with Bars function, it worked great until build 1978. Description: Bars function call hangs on a newly created custom symbol or empty data symbol. Bug started from build 1983 and later. How to reproduce: Open a random chart and run the following piece of code (script): void...
Hello, everyone! I've been using MT4 and MT5 for a long time and I think I master MQL4 and MQL5 languages quite well. So, I've decided to build an expert advisor builder in order to help people make their own EA without having programming skills. My question can sound trivial or stupid, but in order...
As I'm typing into the metaEditor I noticed a small arrow flashing next to the 'for' loop operator.  What is its significance?
Hello Fellow Coder and Trader. I have some notable issue you may experience the same thing in the past or in the future. The issue is this, price hit take profit but the take profits are never executed. Making my trading robot need to wait another half day to one day for the price come back....
  Closing a deal  (6)
Hello to everybody, My goal is to write an EA which react in a particular way once I close a specified deal; i.e. suppose I have just closed a specified deal by the following code       ticket = PositionGetTicket(i);      print("Opened order ticket no.: "+IntegerToString(ticket)+"...
Hi, is there any idea how to check an account is under investor mode / trader mode using a function in MQL4? I have used IsTradeAllowed but it is actually used to check AutoTrading button. Thanks.
double popen = iOpen(Symbol(),0,1);  double PHighest = High[iHighest(Symbol(),0,MODE_HIGH,10,0)];double PLowest  =  Low[iLowest(Symbol(),0,MODE_LOW,10,0)];  ObjectCreate("line",OBJ_TREND,0,Time[PHighest],PHighest,Time[-10],popen); Where the fault error: Time[PHighest] need integer value,...
I have tried to subscribe to a signal but no trades are copied even though there are active trades. I noticed in the Broker I use (Pepperstone UK) all symbols that you can trade on have a .r extension and the normal symbol names is disabled for trading, e.g. EURUSD.r is tradeable but not EURUSD. Is...
Hello, I was searching the forum but didn't find an answer to it. So hopefully maybe somebody has an answer to this: Is there a way in my OnTick() function to detect that I missed a tick (because another tick arrived during the tick method was still running)? Thank you in advance.
Hello I run the same EA on multiple graphics, it executes and order when the conditions are met at the open of a new candle. But sometimes more than one pair gives the signal at the same time resulting in two open order at exactly the same time, as shown in the picture. Is there anyway to remedy...
Hello any help with the below would be appreciated... At the bottom of the image the trades are shown.  The last trades are a buy in at 2865 with a S/L at 2860.75. The buy in is closed with a sell out at 2862.25.  Question, why doesn't the sell out wait until the price drops to 2860.75?  Why does...
Hello everyone, I am interested in creating some filters through the wizard. .. This time the intraday filter for profit or loss management..Follows code, not working properly, could you guys help on the logic.. Many Thanks!...