Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 248

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hi MetaQuotes, As one of the verification steps of my EA, I am checking the account number - whereas it works properly in normal or debug mode, in the tester I can see in the EA logs that account number is not the real one: 2012.05.06 15:34:33 Core 1 2012.05.01 00:00:00 [LogMan] Account: Demo...
Hi,I need clearification in these my suspicions. I have an EA that works very well according to specifications and signals.But to my greatest surprise it fails to take some clear signals when they appear and some other times it picks signal for SELL and enters BUY trade instead.Can brokers input...
I am trying to find a basic EA and/or script that will automatically move my T/P a preset amount of pips and start a new S/L in the old T/P original position in case the market decides to turn back around. I don't need it to open new trades, only adjust my T/P just before the...
Hi ! I make N buys and want to calculate the average price : ( Price_1*Qty_1 + ... Price_N*Qty_N) / (Qty_1 + .. Qty_N) Analysing history of deals is a little bit difficult to me... Can you advice me a standard function, pls ?
Hi all, I am using MT4 for automated trading. The situation goes like this. The EA I am using is placing multiple orders per bar. See the image below where it placed 10 orders in a 30M bar. How can I modify an expert advisor in MQL4 so that it places only one order per bar? Any help would be...
Dear Experts, could you pls support on this one? After updating to the newest build I´m receiving the above mentioned error message when starting the Strategy Tester. Could you pls advice what this error message says - or better - what I have to do? Thank you so much! Best, Thomas
I know this is probably easy but I can't find it. Is there any way for an EA to determine the current account type (Standard, Mini, Micro) automatically? An EA would seem to need to know that 1 lot in a standard account is very different from 1 lot in a mini account. Something like...
Hello every one, I have simple Question why when i want use the Method "iMA" this method return int? Why this Mobile Average it's not double? Because i need the price. Thanks a lot
Hello, the build in Expert Advisor entered a long position at 1.31559 EURUSD. I use Inp_Signal_MACD_PTakeprofit 114 Shouldnt it have closed it long by now at 1.32699? (At the time of writing this it is at 1.32748) I am confused.
I have a specific case, where my EA back-tests over a 4 hour block, but in Live (on a demo account), it did not perform the same way. Does the back-test data typically differ from the Demo account data? Is the Demo / live account data, specific to the Broker? And the back-test data is actually...
Hi  I have an EA which I am able to backtest and it does trading on backtest  However, when I turn on "Optimization" using the same settings on "value", "start" and "stop" with one variable to be step, the ea does not trade at all on all optimization passes.  Does anyone know what is the likely...
Hi All, is it possible to make expert advisors testing automatic? What I mean is that I set a list of propertioes for EA and test it for all of them, without having to press enter every time. Thanks 
hi every body ,iwish if some body to make me an expert ,
Greetings, I am new to MQL5 and would like to know the code for an order management EA that does the following: When a trade is above a certain profit, close the trade and place a new one. When a trade is below a certain loss, place a new trade without closing the original trade. On every...
I have done my backtesting on the expertMAMA with optimization that is built into the MT5 platform and have let it run with the same criteria on a demo account and have found it to be suprisingly profitable. But before i go throw money into a project that is half tested would like to know if there...
Hello, can anyone give a definite information about where to place custom dlls by setup for MetaTrader5 on 32 bit and 64 bit os ? for instance: - on 64 bit os a) program files\...\mt5installpath b) system32 c) users\...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\HEXCODE\MQL5 d) ...? -...
Dear Community, i have a problem with my signal-class: class CSignal_ATR_Alex : public CExpertSignal{   public:          CSignal_ATR_Alex();         ~CSignal_ATR_Alex();   ...   ...}   when I try to use this Signal in my Expert Advisor by creation of this Class:    CSignal_ATR_Alex *signal = new...
I want release some trade info, like: After a order placed, I will call a http://...../boardcast.php, Is it a way to open URL by code from expert?
Hi, I´m looking for a way to read out values of indicators, like RSI or average movement, to try out scripting an expert advisor. Anyone know how to do that? I am beginner/advanced-beginner in mysql, so I´d be grateful for an example script code. Thanks!
MQL4 manual states that: "An Advisor starts to run with every incoming tick for a given symbol. The Advisor will not be launched for a new, tick if it is processing the previous one at this moment (i.e., the Advisor has not completed its operation yet)." My question is it possible to overcome this...
  Error 4802 is killing me (13   1 2)
I am posting here because I am totally out of ideas. I'm trying to get an EA that I have to correctly call one of my indicators. I have tried every possible thing I can think of, and nothing I do will work. The problem is that when I call IndicatorCreate(), I always get error 4802. Here is the...
Here is the code I used and it's working in OnInit(),but not working in OnChartEvent()... return code is 10013...I get the 4756 error... Why? Please help. MqlTradeRequest request; request.action = TRADE_ACTION_DEAL; request.symbol = Symbol(); request...
Hello Everybody , This is my first forum ever. I never wrote one before on any website. So i apologize if it is misplaced. I have an idea that i am trying to develop. In order for me to progress with it , I need to be able to set the EA to have the ability to open a new position when there is...
Hi All,   When in the strategy tester I change the levrerage to 1:500 and 1:100 or any option in the drop down and it has no effect on my profits, why??   MQL Support  told me it is because I dont use the levrerage value in my lot calculation but when searching for...
Ok, I'm having 2 issues, first, when Adjust_sl_ap is true the EA should adjust SL to average price since im scaling in positions this would be PositionGetDouble(POSITION_CURRENT_PRICE) right?? and secondly, when adjust_sl_ap is false it should use a trailing position, but for some reason trailing...
Hi, i want to create a EA which uses the pivot point universal indicator (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/102), with a strategy that buys and sells when price is near the pivot point calculated by the indicator. How can i get the handle of that indicator in MQL5? Or how can i access to the price...
Hello all. I am trying to put together an EA that uses Limit Pending Orders. This is the function used. As one can see, it is the exact same as the function in the avoitenko EA, except ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP has been changed to ORDER_TYPE_BUY_LIMIT. The function is only called when the current tick...
Hello All, I am new to programming and have a couple of easy questions. 1. Is it better (or even possible), to have one EA scan for conditions and make trades on many pairs, or do I need a chart window for each time frame? 2. I read somewhere it is possible that if you have two EA's running at...
Is any example code for this purpose. thanks
Hi, I have a short question: Is it possible to use the final balance as optimization criteria?. (not the max balance). Many thanks!