Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 248

Is there a way to retrieve the current time frame in minutes with an EA?  I tried using PERIOD_CURRENT but it only returns zero.
Hello, every one! I try to use the standard library to write a trail stop loss function. But it fail in test, some order can't be modify, it return a invalid stop error message, and the error code is 4756. Hope someone can help to check it. Thank you. //---classCSymbolInfo mySymbol;CPositionInfo...
hello dear programmers i have an MT4 EA that its backtestingspeed is good at 1st but after a while its speed is too slow. what is the problem. i am backtesting that in D1 timeframe. is that from my broker or my EA or what? thank you
hi every one my question is that, assuming that there are two ways to write a Boolean script, which way is faster (makes the EA backtest/optimization faster)? bool a,b,c; a=true; c=(a big an complicated formula that only needs to be tested when a==false); method 1-        if(!a) {b=C;} method...
I've searched around but didn't get any specific answer. I would like to know is there is an mql4 news server or something that can be accessed in an EA. The main reason I want something like this is to prevent my EA from opening trades during high volatility news releases. If this can be done, how...
Hi everyone! i saw some topic like this without any answer and i made this topic to find at least one answer i used this code for send a simple order MqlTradeRequest request={0};    MqlTradeResult  result={0};       request.symbol = _Symbol;                                            request...
Hi I'm using the 2093 build and I'm having problem with custom symbols. I import the M1 bars as requested and if a start a backtest all works fine, but as soon as I restart the platform and try to start another backtest on the same custom symbol the deal/order are just the same but the balance do...
i want get order properties at history  mq5 and select position. see picture. i'm sorry.i use english very bad. Thank you.
Hi,Many EA  Expert suppliers advertise free or demo versions that can be downloaded for demo purposes before buying. However, I cannot locate any active buttons to download the software. Can anyone advice?
Hello, I´m subscribed to a signal which i have synchonized in a virtual server. All works fine except that sometimes when virtual server receives a trading order from signal i got this error: 2016.08.11 09:29:55.221 : Signal - #52219093 buy 0.60 EURUSDX at 1.11438 tp: 1.12517 skipped as no...
Sometimes I run EA's from my home computer but when I am away from home I may want to let the EA run or deactivate it.  Does anyone know how I could do this?
  CSpinEdit Class  (10)
How to get a text value of the SpinEdit after the text has been modified by the user? The documentation don't provide any function for that.
There is 'Reliability' measurement in Signals. How is it measured?
Hi Is it important to insure the pairs the signal is trading are in the market watch before moving the signal to a VPS (Navigator > Register a virtual server)?
Alguém tem uma EA média móvel apenas, onde eu posso usar como parâmetros de negociação o cruzamento do gráfico de preços com a média móvel simples de 10 períodos
Has anyone done any comparisons between actual performance and backtesting results for any number of EA's?  Or, do you know of any reports that summarize this for several EA's?  I realize there are significant differences between the two and just wanted to know ON AVERAGE how well the two compare....
Hi Guys, I'm working on my new EA which has an ability to open a pending order in the opposite direction of the last closed order. I've been searching and testing for days now but there's a weird malfunction (sometimes EA is opening a lot pending orders at once, and most of the time not opening any...
With reference to this page:https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/tradeclasses/ctrade/ctradepositionclose, I want that once a deal is just closed whit this chunk of code: int posOpened = PositionsTotal();   for (int i=0; i<posOpened;i++) {      ticket =...
Hello to everybody, My question is quite simple and I want to know if MQL5 supports the pointer to a function paradigma exactly like in C++... is yes where can I find an exhaustive tutorial ? Regards.
Hi My broker is IG and I have an EA that I wish to use. I have some experience with MT4 with VPS but I've not used one for a while. My issue is that I purchased a VPS so my EA can run always online and despite not seeing any obvious issues and the EA working perfectly whilst using the IG MT4...
Hi everybody. I am newbie. I see Heiken Ashi indicator in this link: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/33 I need to get array information 0 and 1 of 5 variables to compare: double ExtOBuffer[]; double ExtHBuffer[]; double ExtLBuffer[]; double ExtCBuffer[]; double ExtColorBuffer[]; How to get information...
The EA I created is a beast based on MA cross and never loses if I dont use SL. but the issue I am getting in the strategy tester is that it is only opening short trades... it also open many positions at once like 100, and when they hit tp, it looks to sell straight away.  as well as getting it to...
Hi, I do not want to foster any conspiracy theories about Forex Brokers being scams etc. but...
Hi! Is there anyone who has a lot of knowledge of the MT4 VPS server? I have a subscription to this VPS server, but the platform does not connect to the VPS server I have paid for (at least that is what I think). Take a look at the attached image. Can someone help me with this, please?
hello , as you know iMACD() function is for classic macd but i want to use macd two lines indicator in EA and i failed in using IndicatorCreate() function can anyone give me the codes of that indicator in mql5 in expert advisor?
I have a problem understanding why this calculation gives back a wrong result. relativeSL = NormalizeDouble(moneyToRisk/tickvalue*ticksize, digits); I thought the tick value should be the amount a tick is worth (in the accounts currency), but instead it's 100 times more. What is it that I don't...
Hi all, I am entirely new to EA development. However, I have a problem with backtesting my first advisor. When selecting the ''use data'' section and I select any one year period from the options, it always seems to start from the 31st of March 2019 until the present date....
Hello, I have downloaded files from Tickdata but still, my backtests are poor poor poor... I exported to a MT4 file that was tested, did everything according to youtube instructiuons of their official site, charged the EA with data running different timeframes and nothing helped. Would appreciate...
Hello guys, Respectfully found an indicator online that was close to what I was looking for.  Did some slight modifications, however, I'm stuck on making the Indicator write to file.  I was wondering if any expert would be willing to give it a look to see what I'm missing there.  In short, its...