Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 240

Hi, I’m wondering if there is some way get an EA to disable auto trading when it’s current trade closes, and to have it send me an alert so I can perform necessary actions to it once it has stopped trading? I have a few EAs that have gone into undesired drawdown, and fully expect that they will come
  MT5, mql5 bugs to be fixed.  (25   1 2 3)
As suggested by James Cater, I am opening this thread to centralize bugs reported on MT5 and mql5.  You can report what you found, ask for confirmation of the community, and report it to ServiceDesk. The goal of this topic is to effectively have bugs fixed, if you want to ask for improvements,...
I was wondering the use of slippage and what value to specify? MT4 documentation uses 3 for slippage. Can slippage minimize the annoying requote when trying to place an order? What value of slippage can minimize 'requote'? Can I use slippage as large as 20 or just use 0? Thanks in advance
Hi Everyone, I just found attached MQ4 code for Swiss Army EA v2.01 an account hedge equity protection Trade Manager type EA - found it on MQL5.com forum dated 2015. Can coders please kindly check whether it needs updating to latest MT4 build or not and if so please provide updated working version
i would like to know which of below codes better to use in EA ? is there any different ??? code 1 double haOpen= iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ashi",Red,White,Red,White,2,1); Code 2 double haOpen=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ash.ex4",2,1);
Hello all I'm considering renting a VPS to run a trade manager EA for all my pairs but I am wondering if I enter a trade from the MT4 app, would my EA still execute if it is running on that pair on the VPS? Also if I modify a trade from my phone, will it affect the trade on the VPS? Just being
Hi everyone, I'm trying to draw a simple arrow with the following code snippet. If I change it to a label it works, but for arrows it doesn't show anything on the graph (neither live nor in backtest). Your help and ideas are much appreciated :-) switch(ObjectFind(0,label)) { case -1
  Timestamp  (1)
Hey, I am just wondering if someone can help me out. I am trying to create my first EA and I am wondering how I can get a specific timestamp on a candle bar if the statement is true
Hello everyone ! I'm setting up an script using the following code to make a buy on market price: trade.Buy(lote,_Symbol,0,0,0,"buy"); I'd like to set this action with an automated SL and TP line, aprox. 100 points above and below the buying point. something like this
Hi guys. Not sure what's going on here, maybe I'm just a noob. I want to do testing on an EA. When I download MT5 from MetaQuotes site, I can demo and test any EA and it works fine, even without downloading full bar and tick data for the symbol (in CTRL + U menu). So part 1 is complete, I want to
There was a way to set min margin level for optimization passes in MT4: However, in MT5 I don't see such a possibility. Could you point me to the equivalent feature in MetaTrader 5? If there is no such feature, then please consider the following use case. During the optimization, some passes (sets
Hello, i hope you can help me because i have a strange problem, my idea is to open a buy order whenever the ADX value is greater than a preset ADX value and the D+ value crosses the D- value of the ADX. This works fine in the simulation, but not in the live account. I do not even get an error
Are there any rules of where one can place a PRINT statement and where not? I find that sometimes the ST does not see the PRINT statement until I move it to another position. But that presents a problem because I want to see the values of certain variables st a particular place in the execution of
I have written an EA and it seemed to work just fine until i noticed some wrong trades when tested or run on a demo account. I have put a delay on the next transaction after one has been executed by using a variable int HoursDelay. The value of this variable is set as HoursDelay = 4. The variables I
I have written some code that uses CTrade to open a buy or sell trade (only one trade for now). I want to know the type of trade before I close it and from what I've read it seems I should be using CPositionInfo to determine whether it's a buy or sell. How can I use this CPositionInfo to check the
I'm hoping someone can help. This array was fine but all of a sudden I get this warning: possible use of uninitialized variable 'candles'. Not sure why the error. int getPattern(){ if(Bars < 4) { return(0); } int candles[4]; for(int i=0; i<4; i++) { candles[i] =
Good morning all, i have a question. I have made 3 expert advisors that works with different indicators and strategy. Everything works fine, but if i want to let them work on a single pair, actually i had have to open three charts for a pair. I was think to build a framework, but what is the best
hello need help to fix these verification errors
Tried some codes I got on this site but for some reason they don't run at all, would really appreciate it if someone could send me a sample to look like, I'm probably making a rookie mistake somewhere. Thanks P.S: I'm a newbie at MQL5
I am new to mt5. I am looking to buy robot
Hi. Im building an EA that should ideally work on multiple charts simultaneously. When the EA is loaded onto a chart it first checks to see if an order has been opened already by looping through the order pool, obtaining the OrderSymbol and putting it into an array. Then i loop though that array and
Hi guys, I'm a newbie struggling with this problem: I want to create a signal for expert wizard to operate on daytrade. The standard library has a "intraday filter", it limits trades but doesn't close open positions after period, so it is useless for my purpose. I've tried to implement Long/Short
[Deleted]
I try to tarck EA trading detail. I put flag in OrderInfo class . Test result : 1.As buy ,put an flag. Check modify okay. 2.Check the flag later ,it come to unknown state. It's look like orderinfo just a copy of trade operation.Want to know is PositionInfo or tradeinfo class keep trade data
Hi all, I'm hoping this is a simple question. I am writing an EA that gets indicator values from multiple currencies. The problem I face is that the handle is created, the values copied to a buffer correctly for the first market in the loop but when it moves onto the next market, the handle is not
Hi all, I'm trying to understand the feasibility of creating an EA (or hire someone to do so) to trade STOCK SYMBOLS that are provided periodically from emails. The signals from the emails are very simple. In fact, it is only either BUY or SELL and the STOCK SYMBOL itself. There is no quantity, no
Please I have two EAs I did for mt4 and I want to convert them to also work on mt5 platform still new to mql5 programming. One of the EA is based on every candle breakout and the second is based on CCI and EMA filter. Help guys thanks a lot
I have created a Fibo retracement object but I need to use customized levels, I use below code but all lines are showing beside each other. if(Fibonacci_Retracement(0,"fibo",0,fibtime1,fibprice1,fibtime2,fibprice2,clrWhite)) { ObjectSetInteger(0,"fibo",OBJPROP_LEVELS,fiblevel);
Hello everyone! I am entirely new to trading, MQL5, or coding in general. Trying to learn something new during the lockdown days so please excuse my ignorance. I am basically trying to code an EA that will open or close positions based on the profit of my most recent open position. I have found that
I need an ea to open the opposite of the position I opened at the same timeand it will provide this for all parities
  VPS problem  (6)
When i shutdown my laptop and i check my mt4 on my phone my account gets disconnected, sometimes no connection even i have internet. I check my vps and its all migrated but when i shutdown my laptop i cant see my trades on my phone, any settings that i need to fix before shutting down the laptop