Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 239

Time Current () and StringToTime () send me the same thing. What is the mistake ??? Print("CloseTime:"+HistoryDealGetInteger(ticket,DEAL_TIME)+" Time current:"+TimeCurrent()+" Time Convert:"+StringToTime(TimeCurrent()));
Hi all, I've read lots of conflicting information about this question so i'd like a clear and simple answer if possible. Are commissions and swaps taken into account during the MT5 strategy tester and optimization process? I see a column for commissions in my final backtest report, however it is
The Forbidden Fruit EA This EA is very profitable when the market is ranging. It can achieve more than 95% to 100% win rate (long & short). This is a semi automatic EA. The user must manually enter in two prices inside a range (highest price range, lowest price range) for EA to trade. I just
I have managed to read this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/138912 and not know how slippage for the OrderSend() function is defined in index points since it's about currency pairs in there. For example: with my broker I am able to trade 2 symbols for the german DAX index (or Ger30, if you...
Hi guys, I get zero values in the Strategy Tester result page: Did anyone ever face such a "funny" result page? What I did: 1. Select ranges for the parameters of the EA so I get 20 combinations. 2. Press "Start test" and watch the progress bar working slowly through all 20 combinations. Checking
I can't understand why tutorial about custom module of trade signals works and can be found in the wizard, but my module can't. This is my custom module of trade signals. Include\Expert\MySignals\KeltnerChannelSignal.mqh //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|
somebody help me with the code of an ea based on two EMA where they meet on an uptred a buy order is placed and on their next crossover the buy order is crossed and a sell order is open and vice versa
  See the orders open  (26   1 2 3)
Hi, I´m trying to understand how I can now if I have one position open like. Because If I have a open position I will wating the stoploss or takeprofit close the order before open a new. I´m using this code in the backtest to see the result, but all the time the PositionsTotal show 0. Example: void
  trendline alert  (2)
Please assist, I want to get a notification if the price touches the trendline If anyone knows a script to help please assist thank you
[Deleted]
Hellow everyone. I have added the handle of my custom indicator to my EA. As a result, the EA draws arrows in strategy tester.Problem is, I cant figure out a way of using the arrows drawn as buy and sell signals. Please, I need some help
[Deleted]
Hello there. Is it possible to calculate the moving average of an RSI. please show how if it is possible
[Deleted]
Hello everyone. Please help me figure out the best approach to calculating the open price of every new candle. Thank you in advance
Hi, I just finished watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO68JEgoPeg&t=1s and I found it would be good to have anything like this new C++ string_view in or MQL5. My question is: is such a feature already implemented? Or is there any library that implements that
  Preventing overfitting  (23   1 2 3)
I read the article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/652 - MQL5 Cookbook: Reducing theEffect of Overfitting and Handling the Lack of Quotes and actually tested  some of itsresults myself, but they are not especially overwhelming (one of theassumptions made in the article regarding...
Hey Guys, I subscribed to a signal by mistake and now I want to run my own signal. After how long can I start my own signal Please let me know what is the procedure of that? Best Regards
Hi, everyone! I've tried to run an optimization and the EA Journal at the Strategy Tester got flooded by the messages shown at the picture. While debugging nothing goes wrong and now I don't know what to do. Any ideas, guys? Best regards.
Hi this is my first time here sorry if this is the wrong place. I just started having this issue today, the code was working fine before. I'm using mt5 and getting "Error loading - wrong type." This is very frustrating for me because I cannot run any ea's as of today. Any guidance would be
I'm using a demo account right now and trying to play around with exper advisors scripting. I'm trying to reporduce that tutorial: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/5691 but I still get error: Connection to localhost:9876 error 4014 Any idea why it isn't working? The python server is runnig
Hi im trying to make EA based on custom indicator values but in data window i see only one buffer, either than this its empty when i point the mouse of the arrows any help ? i tried this but didnt work double SignalBuy =iCustom(NULL,0,"pattern",0,1);double SignalSell = iCustom(NULL,0,"pattern",1,1);
I know how to drawl trendline using trend object but I have no idea how can get trend slope as manual drawing here manual can drawl both upper and lower trend here object Here my code Trend_Line(Time[0],Time[65],Close[0],Low[50],Gold,STYLE_SOLID);
Hi I'm trying to set up a robot to tell me when price moves by about 10 points. What I've tried is if(Bid < OBJ_HLINE) { SendNotification("Message"); The problem with that is, it notifies on every tick, so endless messages. But if I say if(Bid == OBJ_HLINE), the price will probably never be
I cannot find any docu about compiling expert adivsor in demo version? How do I create a demo version of EA or Indicator?
Hi everyone How do I add a logo to Expert? Sample : thanks all of you
I found the zero divide error in this trend line calculation int fnGetTrendLineSignal(string strName, int type){// get the four coordinatesdouble x1 = ObjectGet( strName, OBJPROP_TIME1);double y1 = ObjectGet( strName, OBJPROP_PRICE1);double x2 = ObjectGet( strName, OBJPROP_TIME2);double y2 =
Hi everyone, I'm now using MetaTrader5 libraby for python to get history price data. However, I can't get the the price that from 2014 backward. I just able to get from 2015 to now. My code is as below usdjpy2 = MT5CopyRatesRange("USDJPY", MT5_TIMEFRAME_M15, datetime(2009,1,5) ,datetime(2019, 1, 3))
Hi, I am having an issue with my EA optimization results or the back test results against my EA. When I run my EA against all market watch symbols the results are different from a single test run. The strategy tester is set to run against 30 currency pairs delays of 50ms and my maximum balance. It
Hello, hope this is not a duplicate, but i've noticed, the documentation to mql5 concerning function templates is showing code, that does not compile any more, redering the template functionality more or less useless. (And broke my code) The documentation shows an exmpel at
I have a very special situation in which I am not able to send buy and sell orders using mql5 because auto trading is disabled on my broker server from their side and it is not possible to ask them to enable it. I was wondering if there is any possible solution that I could write a code that on
Hi everybody, I'm really ignorant about Expert Advisors. I have TPL file and EX4 indicator files for MT4, but im totally ignorant about coding i don’t know how can i transform template and indicators to EA for mt4. Could you please help me if you know the answer
i am looking for a Brokers that accept Signals from MQL5 (i i would prefer to use MT4) right now i am using avatrade, but they have turned the signal tab off(it´s completely gone) on their MT4. so if you guys have a list or something with brokers that allow me to use the signal trading option with...