Probabbly error in debugger - no variable known anymore under certain conditions

Hello MQL5 developer team or to whom it may concern,

to see the problem, under any recent version of Metatrader 5 launch the MQL5 script inside of the attached ZIP-file, setting breakpoints at lines 69 and 114050 (almost at the bottom of the file). Try observing the variables (especially pComplete, iValue and i_pPointer) with the debugger and read the few comments. This should be resolved in order to be able to debug large 'moduliths'. Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day.

Greetings
Markus

Hello again,

first of all I now think I posted this in the wrong subforum. It probably would have a more appropriate place in 'General'. Maybe it should be moved there by a moderator. After about two weeks of no one responding and the demonstrated problem persisting in the last beta version of Metatrader I wonder if anyone did take notice and if yes, what are your thoughts. Thanks for an answer.

Markus #:

Hello again,

first of all I now think I posted this in the wrong subforum. It probably would have a more appropriate place in 'General'. Maybe it should be moved there by a moderator. After about two weeks of no one responding and the demonstrated problem persisting in the last beta version of Metatrader I wonder if anyone did take notice and if yes, what are your thoughts. Thanks for an answer.

Tested with build 3134.

I confirm the problem, at least with pComplete, iValue. All seems normal with i_pPointer.

I reported it to the attention of a Metaquotes developer.

If you want to report bug, please do it in the appropriate topic which is always the one about the last release.

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 3091: Improvements
New MetaTrader 5 platform build 3091: Improvements
  • www.mql5.com
The MetaTrader 5 platform update will be released on Friday, October 22, 2021...

Hello Alain,

thank you very much for this very informative and active answer, comprehending the error, as well as propagating the bug to a developer and pointing me on the correct pace for reporting such in the future. I appreciate that a lot. Before, I wrongly did believe the former way via service desk was just cancelled without proper replacement.

Yes, the display of i_pPointer was expected from me to seemingly work correctly while comprehending. To some extent it just was suprising to me, since the call to the surrounding function was after the compiler didn't show the expected content. So it probably has to do with the position inside of the executable, but only the Metaquotes developers will find out, I guess.

I wish you a good week and holidays

Thank you for your report.
Fixed.
Please wait for updates.

Thank you very much for the quick fix. Unfortunately there is still another bug remaining, that, well, bugs me. I will post it, together with a demonstrating script in the appropriate place.
Reason: