EA back testing works when on visualization but not working when visualization is off!!!!

Hi

I wrote an ea and in that ea, I used an indicator which I bought from the market.

when I want to backtest my strategy in mql5, if I check the visualization box everything is fine and works perfectly But if I don't check the visualization box ea won't work and do not open an order and it won't give an error either.

it takes so long on visualization mode to test a year of data so I need it to works on normal testing mode.

I'm so frustrated now! can anyone help me on that?

Contact the developer of the indicator.

I am facing the same issue and all indicators are the provided ones (iMA, iATR, etc).

The strategy tester only counts my long entries. When visualization is on, it counts both long and short entries.

I want to enter at market price, not pending.

This is what I am using for both bull and bear entries, changing only the BUY and SELL.

MqlTradeRequest request= {};
   MqlTradeResult result= {};
   request.action=TRADE_ACTION_DEAL;
   request.type=ORDER_TYPE_SELL;
   OrderSend(request,result);

The backtest result counts 100% of the bear entries and only 12 out of 300+ bull entries.

Shows the correct number on visualization.

What can lead to this?

I have no Tester code.

int OnTesterInit(){
return(0);
}

void OnTesterDeinit(){
}

Nuno Costa # :

I am facing the same issue and all indicators are the provided ones (iMA, iATR, etc).

The strategy tester only counts my long entries. When visualization is on, it counts both long and short entries.

Provide your code, provide tester settings, provide proof that " The   strategy tester   only counts my long entries ".

Alireza Akbari:

Hi

I wrote an ea and in that ea, I used an indicator which I bought from the market.

when I want to backtest my strategy in mql5, if I check the visualization box everything is fine and works perfectly But if I don't check the visualization box ea won't work and do not open an order and it won't give an error either.

it takes so long on visualization mode to test a year of data so I need it to works on normal testing mode.

I'm so frustrated now! can anyone help me on that?

Once visualization box is checked, strategy tester visualization displays the trades but if unchecked there is nothing to display but the EA will still work. When unchecked, ongoing test results/performance can only be seen in the graph tab in graphical form but don’t expect to see trades opening or closing.

Reason: