What happens to EA if I shut computer down!

If I turn my computer off will EA still trade, or will it stop?

Does the EA get stored in some server?

Or is it just on my computer?

Can code on a machine run when the machine is off? What do you think happens? Nothing! Top of every page is VPS

It is advisable to run the EAs in VPS. Cost of VPS starts with around $10 a month.  If you are running the EA in your computer and if you shut down the computer, EA will stop working. No new trades will be placed. Exisiting positions will close if stop loss or profit limits are kept. Hope this info helps. forexveda

mk731:

If I turn my computer off will EA still trade, or will it stop?

Does the EA get stored in some server?

Or is it just on my computer?

It will stop doing its job, but if you turn on your computer immediately after shutting down, it will resume everything.

EAs are like me and you. Can you trade when your computer is off or when there is no internet connections?

Same thing with the EA, will stop and resume when all connections are back

So If I rent a VPS, will the the EA's stop working when the PC is off? 

The benefits of using a virtual private server for forex trading - VPS for MetaTrader 4/5
The benefits of using a virtual private server for forex trading - VPS for MetaTrader 4/5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader VPS servers are located very close to brokers' trade servers, allowing to minimize network delays during order execution and enabling round-the-clock operation of trading robots and signal subscriptions. Forex trading can be more profitable with a VPS

MT4 Trading #:

It will stop doing its job, but if you turn on your computer immediately after shutting down, it will resume everything.

EAs are like me and you. Can you trade when your computer is off or when there is no internet connections?

Same thing with the EA, will stop and resume when all connections are back

This is not necessarily true. Not all EAs will resume everything on re-opening the platform. It depends on how they were coded.

Reason: