Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 174

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hi everyone, I've tried to get myself into programming with MQL% but haven't been able to know where to start. I already have some experience with programming but cannot find enough examples to infere the application of the language. Anyways I want to ask for help because I need to program a simple...
Please help, with this code platform becomes unresponsive for 100% cpu usage Function is supposed to close one position at a time per ticket when reaching total position and profit, Please note that this came from a loop of buying and selling and there are positions always left open with positive...
Hi The signals I subscribe to don't always close due to FIFO violation - I need to change broker and migrate the subscription to the new one. I cant figure out how, I presume this can be done without unsubscribing from the signal?
Hi, Is it possible to make visible the ask/bid lines on the chart of the strategy tester, only one line to shows price by default ?
Hi Guys, I'd like to share my thought with you on some strange incident during backtesting. I noticed that when you backtest exactly the SAME Expert Advisor with THE SAME parameters, you can get completely different results between two MT4 platforms for two different brokers. Well, I can...
Hi. I have a function that keeps my platform unresponsive and 100% CPU usage each time it executes,  I hope someone could help...  Please note, I have a loop of continuous buying and selling and means that there are always positions left open at negative or positive result......
optimization process not going fine , giving error "cannot synchronize history" Symbol used : SPX500 , EURUSD ,USOil , NGAS , XAUUSD
Can anyone make suggestions ? Mean, really reliable experts. Just like prevent my money from being melted by zero rates. Thank you
Hi, I would like to know how can I get mt4 indicator's buffers, an indicator bought here on mql5.com, so the programmer will be able to read the buffer for the purpose of building an ea based on this indicator (I will use a programmer, not program the ea myself). Thanks
I'm planning on doing an EA that trades based on support and resistance levels. Will this be possible? If not what are some work arounds to get this to work?     
Hello, i use an EA and have a working Sell Order, during the sell order working i also place some Long Order, but when i want to modify my order, i get always an error. Code for Order Modify: void OnTick()  { if(PositionSelect(_Symbol))     {...
Hello, i would like to ask for an EA in the freelance section. which information should i not forget to provide, apart from the strategy itself? just to prevent queries. thank you! ron
Hey guys! 3 questions to coders: 1. Is it possible to code the next kind of EA and how much would you want to get for this job: a. It has to be for mt5 and/or mt4. b. It has to place market orders (not pending orders) when a certain time's candle made a certain move. c. It has to place SL,...
How to avoid such spikes in spreads? In my new EA i added blockade on all stop losses if spread exceeds the av spread by 4x. Guess it is my only idea for now on how to modify the Expert Advisor. Here on the screenshot it was 20 times the average and killed my signal: (on Roboforex acount) at 23...
Hello People Today I was running some intensive calculation with my EA. The calculation uses lots of arrays and loops and therefore the calculation uses up quite a lot of memory. I understand this. However, the odd thing but interesting thing is this: I have 8 GB of Physical memory plus virtual...
I want to subscribe to a signal from a live account to my demo account, but it looks like mql5 disabled that ability. Is there any other way to subscribe to a signal? So I could see the trades on the mql5 website and copy them manually?
Hello, have a DLL with a function returning string (wchar_t*), so unicode. The DLL was not changed since long time and work 2 weeks ago with MT5. But with new build, this DLL newly return garbage. The DLL has log, where i log the value returned right before returning and at this state, the string...
I'm looking for a STABLE signal that gives me 10% MINIMUM a month. I'm willing to pay for this signal as long it's a stable growing signal. It also has to have proven itself already. So, please no newly started signals with only a 1-2 month history! Also, no risky stuff that jumps up 50% in a week...
Hi, It may happen that an EA opens multiple chart, on many timeframe when used. Is it possible to close them when not used any more ? If yes, I suppose this may free memory, right ?
Hi all! My EA only takes Buy OR Sell and not both buy AND Sell at the same time. I need it to take at the same time. This is the code for the START order, how do I change it to take both buy and sell? Thanks!! int start() { if(!IsTesting() && AccountNumber() != AccountNum)...
Kindly check buffer and arrays of these two indicators. Are they good for ea programmimg.
Helo everyone, I hope everyone are fine. Let's suppose I sent a ten requests few seconds ago to the market for the same symbol. Then, right now I receive an event in the function OnTradeTransaction(trans, request, result). In this moment I don't know what request (order) cause the event...
void ExitConditions()  { for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1; i>=0; i--)     { if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS))        { int ticket=OrderTicket(); if(OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber &&...
can u make a EA for me , i think it makes profit . first its open buy/sell order ( trend ) sl - 10/20 tp - 00 pipstep - 10 TF - 15 condition == 1. if first order hits sl then its open opsite order ( if 1st order buy and hits sl then its open sell order , if sell order go ahead then its...
I have been testing the expert advisor Fuzzy Logic in the Strategy Tester and I have noticed that it is much more profitable when using the Open Prices Only (OPO) setting. I think this is because of the EA's take profit setting. Obviously in live trading it uses every single tick, so I was...
I have subscribed to a signal provider in MT4. Every time I close an open position manually, it pops up again after a few seconds, opend at the current price. Can I change options somewhere, so that a manually closed position will not be opened again? And is it possible to subscribe to more than...
I am Nasser from Iran, I got my BA in electrical engineering and my MS in Industrial Engineering, I am newcomer in the field of MQL5 and I am learning it. We use metatrader in Iran Stock exchange. I copied a very simple EA to my metaeditor and compile it and it has no error. But in strategy testing...
Hi, Previous post. The service told me to use init_agent_not_suitable but I can't find any examples on how to use it ? genetic pass (0, 37) tested with error "no memory in OnTick function (cannot get 960 Kb, used 0 Mb)" in 140 ms (PR 137)
Hello. I'm working to have code to be able to dynamically determine the digit accuracy of the minimum lot size. After getting this number without errors, I will use it with the NormalizeDouble function to determine my correct number of lots for my order. The end pseudo-code will be double Lots...
Hi there ! cf . title. Anyone could help ? double RSI[];RSIHandle=iRSI(symbol,PERIOD_M1,14,PRICE_CLOSE);if(RSIHandle<0)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; { Print("The creation of iRSI has failed: Runtime error =",GetLastError()); //--- forced program termination...