Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 172

I want to perform certain tasks on the open, high, low and close of the last but one (index of 1) M12 candle, and the M6 and M4 candle within it. Since CopyRates() has this candle info I am using it to copy the candles. How can I load exactly one M12 candle (of index 1 when M12 candle closes) and
Hi. Is possible some way to fix some lines I want from windows data on chart? At this print, at final part, I have D1, D2 and D3. If I move the mouse on chart, values for D1, D2 and D3 changes. I wish see theese values at chart. This way, as I move the mouse, each differente values I have for D1, D2
hi how can i know if there is a new deposit on the account
Hi there, tried two different ways to close grid positions on reversal signal but result is disastrous, the entry condition is based on oscillators so the idea is quite simple: buy low and sell high. As a grid, it could be that there are several positions into one direction and then it appears the
how to cancel sell and buy stop in EA. cancel buy and sell stop after some time . what is command or what changes may be needed. thanks in advance
Hi , Am looking to do two things. 1. Create a code to close partial open position (eg 50% -- i normally have one trade at a time) 2. Dedicate a hotkey on my keyboard to do that function. So if there is anyone out there who can assist in at least the first question i will be very appreciative
Hi guys, I am developing automated expert advisors with usage of indicators (or rarelly PA reversal patterns). I have success with BollingerBands, KeltnerChannel and CCI, but mostly on H1 or H4, so in avarage it does like 4-5 trades per month. It's not bad, for longterm profits it's great, but I
I've set up MT5 & signal (follow), and linked the account to my broker So far, so good. & I've set up accounts before, so I don't think I've done anything different to break the setup. What's new is that I'm running from a Broker's spread betting account, so Pair symbols are all suffixed _SB
hello , I bought an expert but the author adds frequent updates visible in the "whats new" section. The problem is that Mt4 updates authomathically to the newest version and there is no way to keep previous version. But I would like to use the previous versions too, selectively . I don't think the
I have a script that launches the Meta Trader terminal and runs some EAs on a regular basis. For this, I use an MQL config file that I run this way: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5 \terminal64.exe /config:path\to\MetaTrader\folder\config\custom_config.ini The problem is that the Meta Trader window
first of all, I am not a coder I found a strategy on trading view on renko charts which is working fine for me its source code is readable is there any way i can convert that strategy into mt4 EA ? And if i cannot do that then can i hire freelancer for that work? and if yes then how much i should
  Cant install EA  (4)
Hi All, Newbie here. Trying to download and install my first EA. I can see it in market, I have $0 in my balance, but trying to download a free EA. Can press download, its showing download, and then says "installation is failed". In journal it says "MQL4 Market: failed download product 'Partial...
Hi I want to upload my EA to the market i get a error at the Automatic validation ( When i run it on back test or real accound i dont get any error ) the code is double optimallotsize( double PercentLossFortrade, double EntryPrice, double StopLossPrice , string SYMBOL) { if (PercentLossFortrade> 5
Hello everybody, Please i want someone who can help me to make automatic trade from FiboPivotCandleBarMT5 indicator. The indicator send me alert and i want to make to algo trading. thanks for your help Please download the file down
Hi.. I´m doing Walf-forward optimization and I´d like to know if there is some criteria to pick a better configuration from backtest to run it on foward. I´m trying to find this procedure to use it in the last backtest optimization, on pre-living. Then, a better configuration can be picked up to run
I can't remember if I ever could change the input parameters just before starting to debug. It seems that I can when using real-time data but not when using historical data (which I always use). But it's not a big deal because I thought I could just change the value in the source and recompile. But
[Deleted]
Dear Members I am a bit confused about what method to use in EA for indicators. Read few articles on this and come to conclusion that 'Implementing Indicator Calculations' inside the EA is best practice. However while going through this article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/4602 on the forum and
  Help to code  (3)
Hello, after several hours of searching on google, Youtube and on the forum I finally found a way to export the mt5 data to Excel thanks to a small MFC application (DDE server), the problem is that the code allows to have only the name of a company that serves the account , the server time the
Dears, I´ve executed my script in strategy tester mode, and found out that the same script, when executed in different times, is giving different results. The point is that, doing the same test several times, there are times I´ve got 3 trades, and there are time I´ve got 21 trades for the same back
I have a very specific object that i had watched in a youtube video I want to draw a chart like this on my template with all the symbols in my market watch and if a sell condition is executed it should display "SELL" in the respective symbol and timeframe. Any ideas
I am new to MQL. I am looking for a simple multi symbol multi time period EA template which can be used as a template to create new strategies? Suminda
[Deleted]
NOTE: The continue operator passes control to the beginning of the nearest outward loop (while, do-while or for) operator, the next iteration being called. please CORRECT Me, if I am wrong ... for ( int i = ( int ) MathMax (prev_calculated- 1 , 0 ); i < rates_total; i++) { double vol;
i bought an EA from MQL5 platform. when my computer updated then EA not working waste one activation. is there is any solution for this
Could anyone make a EA that is one of my own signal ways (merging RSI with Moving average in MT5)
I have a custom indicator that I want to delete it when some actions happen and add new one with different inputs. Also if its possible just change the input of my indicator. // for example delete the first one and add another one or just modify the first one iCustom ( "GBPUSD" , PERIOD_M1 , "ticks"
Hello, I would like help with the optimization of an EA on MT5 I have a very complex EA that requires very precise optimization. It is a multipare EA, which works on the 28 pairs at the same time. Backtest work perfectly, using "all Tiks", and even the customme pairs I imported from Tick Data Suite
I've been coding EAs for a few months now, and using different indicators to detect trends. Eg multiple moving averages combined with ADX, or RSI combined with Bollinger bands. In the forums, I often see people discussing using "MTFs" (multiple time frames) for their trading systems and EAs. How
Hello, I have created an moving average in an EA. how can i add: input int shift=-15; positive or negative ? input int shif=- 15 ; int handle1; int OnInit () { handle1= iMA ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , 10 , 0 , MODE_EMA , PRICE_CLOSE ); return ( 0 ); } void OnTick () { //--- double
Hello, what do you think is the better way to manage your stop losses when you trade real stocks and NOT CFDs. 1. Send stop loss directly within your market order so that it lies at the broker/exchange side 2. Or manage stop loss within your code (virtual stop loss) meaning when the price reaches
Good afternoon, what could be the reason for the "test on EURUSD,H1 strategy tester report not found" error all of a sudden? But nothing before that seems to be the cause of trouble. I'm testing on my terminal - it's clear (no error at all). I've rolled back to the previous valid version, which has