Broker time

Hi there community, I'm about to share an advisor through the market.

My broker works at GMT+2/+3 and the advisor is intended to work through this server time, so the question is:

How could I set the advisor to work properly through an asian or american broker, which server time do those brokers use?

David Diez: Hi there community, I'm about to share an advisor through the market. My broker works at GMT+2/+3 and the advisor is intended to work through this server time, so the question is:

How could I set the advisor to work properly through an asian or american broker, which server time do those brokers use?

I would consider the following options:

1. Use the Time functions to automagically adjust for the time differences of trade server and GMT of the session. However this will not work in Strategy Tester.
  2. Add an input for the user to define the start of the session or time zone offset. This will work in the Strategy Tester but will not account for DST changes.
  3. Offer the user both methods.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I would consider the following options:

1. Use the Time functions to automagically adjust for the time differences of trade server and GMT of the session. However this will not work in Strategy Tester.
  2. Add an input for the user to define the start of the session or time zone offset. This will work in the Strategy Tester but will not account for DST changes.
  3. Offer the user both methods.

How complex, don't actually know if letting the user to play with working hours would be a good solution. This needs to be fully automated or else I would have lots of questions around this matter.

David Diez #: How complex, don't actually know if letting the user to play with working hours would be a good solution. This needs to be fully automated or I would have lots of questions around this matter.

If you make it fully automatic then users will not be able to test the "demo" version in the Strategy Tester.

So, you will have even more questions, especially if your "automatic" fails due to the wrong time settings on the users computer.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you make it fully automatic then users will not be able to test the "demo" version in the Strategy Tester.

So, you will have even more questions, especially if your "automatic" fails due to the wrong time settings on the users computer.

Thank you for your reply.

Reason: