Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 130

Hi, there. First of all, I'd like to thank you for your help. I want to comment about what is happening to the Metatrader 5 backtester. I have to point out that it happens, not only to my EA but also to the built-in EAs that come with Metatrader. The problem is, I can backtest minutes and hours, but
Hi All! I have a ForexSymbol.txt file and save 28 forex paird. " AUDCAD,AUDCHF,AUDJPY,AUDNZD,AUDUSD,CADCHF,CADJPY,CHFJPY,EURAUD,EURCAD,EURCHF,EURGBP,EURJPY,EURNZD,EURUSD,GBPAUD,GBPCAD,GBPCHF,GBPJPY,GBPNZD,GBPUSD,NZDCAD,NZDCHF,NZDJPY,NZDUSD,USDCAD,USDCHF,USDJPY How i get data form it to expert with
Where is the error in this code? Thank you! struct bar_all { datetime time; double value ; }; class test { public : test() { } ~test() {} bool operator >( const bar_all &a, const bar_all &b); }; bool test
Hi! I can't figure out why my timefilter doesn't work. Let's say I would like to trade between 7:35-11:30 and 14:30-22:30 and I don't want to trade on Friday. The time filter only works when I create a simple EA with only a trade.Buy function and no other conditions. The more complex EA should only
Hi Everyone, I hope you are all fine. I am having an issue reading from a custom indicator I just made and for the life of me, I can't figure it out. The indicator I am trying to read from is the following. #property copyright "" #property link "" #property description "" #property version
  Panel not working anymore  (11   1 2)
Hello I got a panel that does not work anymore after updates.Is there sth. on the platform-side that must be integrated ? I get "order rejected (subscription required)" thank you
For example, how to set multiple parameters for a function? void f( double & a, double &b...) { }
Hello, I am searching for an EA which will duplicate my trades in the same account as buy/sell limit orders in predefined distance. For example when I open a trade, I want the ea to create order XX amounts of pips from the initial price. May you recommend something? Thanks
Hi, I was trying to optimize my expert advisor. I was surprise to see the results i got were absolutely nonsense (the optimization results were showing no case could bring profit despite the fact i know a parameter that should be tested is making profit). So i noticed the optimization was "stopping
Hello all: I've always understood a position to be an aggregate of all open trades for a given symbol, but from what I can tell , I think: MT5/MQL5 considers a position and a trade to be the same thing. eg. I send two distinct market buy orders, they get fulfilled into two deals. I thought that was
I have to disconnect from the server for a certain period of time. During this time, the parameters are automatically optimised. During this time, however, no signal may arrive from the server. Afterwards, the connection should be re-established. Is there a programmable solution for this
Create an instance of Ctrade which is a library testing basically //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| ProjectName | //| Copyright 2020, CompanyName | //|
For now I use this construction: Inserted Code def AnalyzeAndAutoOrder(): time.sleep(5) while(True): ..... any operations .... # Sleep ... time.sleep(0.250) AutoTrade = threading.Thread(target=AnalyzeAndAutoOrder, daemon=True, args=()) AutoTrade.start() But I need to do condition for while to repeat
Hi, into my MT5 Market Watch, I see "GOLD" for XAUUSD, I would like to subscrive at a XAUUSD signals , can I copy trades if my pair is not the same between my broker and the pair of the signal provider? Also, I don't understand well the "volume" message into the red rectangle into file attached
Details a bit vague here, to try to keep it brief. Happy to elaborate if needed. The MQL5 date and time functions include functions for getting time information in the time zone the EA is running in, or the broker's server's time zone , or the GMT time zone . The functions either factor in daylight
  Fx Rebate Ea  (12   1 2)
I'm looking for someone who is interested and willing to build an expert advisor that has a really large amount of trades per day or month and ideally a very low drawdown. The EA doesn't need to make a profit, just volume of lots, the goal is to profit from IB commission. Do you think is doable or a
Hello all. Short version: I've read everything I can find on this. Particularly the MQL5 Reference > Trade Functions , and this awesome article (ORDERS, POSITIONS AND DEALS IN METATRADER 5) . We have Functions for active orders, active positions, history orders, and history deals. Why don't we have
I was happily running optimization until recent update to build 3231 24mar2022 and now I am getting these identical messages pass 61440 tested with error "critical runtime error 565 in OnTick function (error code 565, module Experts\my_ea.ex5, file 65535, line 1, col 1)" in 0 : 12 : 02.882 searching
Hello, i'm new here and to mql5, I was wondering why is it some EA's can get extremely good results.. IE 2020.1.1_2022.1.1, i can turn $100.00 into $1,000,000.00 plus (everytick, open and real ticks) but soon as i allow 2020.1.1_(now) it goes down. Also is there a way top set up a script to test
Hi, I am optimizing an EA and some of its variables are loaded from a file. What is the best way to store them in memory before each pass so all functions can have access? Thanks
Hi, at first my mt5 backtest (with real ticks) had 99% 100% quality (when backtesting last 3 months). And if i backtest a year the quality decreases to 60%... How do i download more tick data for better quality backtest for multiple years back
Dear Senior Members and Coders, I am newbie in forex but i would be very happe if someone can help automate my trading system that is related with opening price day? Does anyone have EA related with opening day price, Please share with us! Much thanks for your kind sharing
  solved  (10)
solved!
When I test my strategy using the visual mode the trades are executed at the precise and price and time but when i turn the visual mode off. No trades are executed. I have found the problem is in the multi-timeframe indicator am using. When visual mode is turned of it doesn't seem to calculate data
Hello partners. I hope you are all doing great I would like to add to a Expert Advisor time closures. I mean, a few hours go by, things don't go well, and then it closes. Not by pips with a conventional SL, but by time. Do any of you use time criteria in your expert advisors or discretionary
does anyone know what are the steps on coding an EA that can do walk forward testing optimization just like this one I've read article on mql5.com and I found 2 articles but both of them are too complicated for me to understand and the library is expensive but the general idea is pick the starting
hi programmers can anyone hep me out with the mqltraderequest order for opening positions in gold and us30, i am kinda stuck in the implementation since i have only dealt with forex eas. I'd really appreciate the help
Hello! I recently switched to MT5/MQL5 in order to be able to easily test my EA over multiple currency pairs. I have ported my code and everything works great but I am having a really mundane problem now: I just don't seem to be able to actually get the Tester to test over multiple currencies
Is the backtest information correct? I programmed the Expert, and during the back-test, it showed me great results,<Deleted>: The important question: Can the results of the back-test be relied upon, and to what extent they can be consistent with reality? Please help me in this matter. Thanks
I'm new to MT5 and I was playing with the EA. I dont really understood how the EA work with the indicator but I have learned that the variable "Signal threshold value to open" and "Signal threshold value to close" is used to allow the indicators to turn on or off based on a calculation