How to Start with Metatrader 5 - page 64

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2014.05.07 18:18

Just a reminder

There is good article concerning to fundamental trading (for creation of the EAs related to News Trading) :

============

Building an Automatic News Trader

As Investopedia states, a news trader is "a trader or investor who makes trading or investing decisions based on news announcements". Indeed, economic reports such as a country's GDP, consumer confidence indexes and employment data of countries, amongst others, often produce significant movements in the currency markets. Have you ever attended a U.S. Non-Farm Payrolls release? If so, you already know that these reports may determine currencies' recent future and act as catalysts for trends reversals.

Sergey Golubev, 2016.02.19 16:25

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service

Questions

1. What the Signals service is needed for?

2. Who can create a trading Signal at MQL5.com? Should I pay for this?

3. When a free Signal will become available for subscription?

4. How to create a free signal?

5. How to subscribe to a Signal?

6. I created a signal, but it is not available for subscription on the website. Why?

7. How to subscribe to a signal from the MetaTrader 4 (MetaTrader 5) client terminal?

8. Can I copy trades from MetaTrader 4 to MetaTrader 5 or vice versa?

9. How paid subscriptions are charged? What will happen if a free subscription becomes paid?

10. Can I cancel a paid subscription?

11. I want to copy trades with fixed volume of 1.0 lots. Is it possible?

12. On Provider's account all trades are performed with volume of 0.1 lots. I want to copy these trades with larger volume, for example 0.3 lots. Can I raise the volume somehow?

13. The Provider has trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Are trades on GOLD copied to XAUUSD in that case?

14. Can I set my own rules of copying trades from a Provider's symbol to a Subscriber's one?

15. What rounding scheme is used for Provider's and Subscriber's percentage ratio of deals volume?

16. Why there should be no open positions and pending orders on my account in order to subscribe to a signal?

17. Why manual trading leads to problems with copying of signals (accounts out of sync)? Why I cannot simultaneously subscribe to a signal and trade on one account?

18. How to disable your own Signal? I do not want to broadcast it anymore.

19. Does the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal has to be running at Subscriber's end for trades to be copied?

20. Can I unsubscribe from the Signal in the same way I subscribed to it?

21. How can I find out what Signal I am subscribed to in the terminal and how can I cancel the subscription?

22. How are transactions copied if the Provider has 4-digit quotes for a Symbol and the Subscriber has 5-digit quotes for the same Symbol or vice verse?

23. How is the Growth in Signals Calculated?

24. How is the year-to-date growth (YTD) calculated, if a sum of monthly growths differs from this value?

Sergey Golubev, 2013.01.23 07:34

Concerning signals ... I see some members asked about how to unsubscribe from the signals. I subscribed to some free signal 3 days ago (with no problem so far). Just some information/topics about the signals which I collected about signals:

Can I unsubscribe from the Signal in the same way I subscribed to it?
You can cancel the Signal subscription in My Subscriptions on https://www.mql5.com/en/signals or directly in the terminal: see MetaTrader 5 Help → User Interface → Toolbox → Signals: Unsubscribe from Signal. If you unsubscribe from a fee-based Signal, the amount blocked in your account for payment of the subscription fee will be deducted from your account upon canceling the subscription.

Sergey Golubev, 2014.12.20 08:14

What is an Inside bar? (based on dailyfx article)

Inside bars are easily identified pricing patterns that can be found on virtually any chart. The pattern itself requires some simple technical analysis, which includes identifying a series of highs and lows on a daily chart. The idea is that the current candle on the graph will not exceed the previous candles high or low, thus leaving it “inside”.

New MetaTrader 4 iOS build 947 features a screen-locking PIN code

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2016.05.06 13:32

The new build of the popular MetaTrader 4 mobile platform for iPhone/iPad is released with improved security. Now, you can set a PIN code or use Touch ID to restrict access to the application. If your iPhone or iPad falls into the hands of another person, your trading account remains secure.

To activate the new function, enable Lock Screen in the Settings/About window and set a four-digit combination.

New MetaTrader 4 iOS build 947 features a screen-locking PIN code

Update your application to try the new feature. The latest version of MetaTrader 4 is now available on the App Store!

Welcome,

• Usually people who can't code don't receive free help on this forum, though it could happen if you are lucky, be patient.
  • If you show your attempts and describe well your problem, you will most probably receive an answer from the community.
  • If you don't want to learn to code, nothing bad, you can either look at the Codebase if something free already exists, or in the Market for paid products (sometimes free also).
  • Finally, you also have the option to hire a programmer in the Freelance section.
Good luck.
Reason: