Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals - page 8

Hello,

I have some queston about the subscriptions to a signal. I subscripted to a signal at https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/subscriptions, after that I tried to connect it to my account

with my MT4 and I got "2013.01.03 09:42:30    '196113': Signal - synchronization terminated, signal provider has leverage 1:300, leverage greater than 1:100 not allowed".

Yesterday it worked and the trades were copied. Is there any bug?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Soo emm.. Hi there!

I am very curious about these signals! But can't seem to get them to work on my MT4 platform.

I am using the 451 build, and my provider is Ava FX.

In "Options", there is a "community" tab where I can "connect to  MQL5.community account in order to subscribe to trading signals". No problem so far. I've done that.

Later on, I've read somewhere that there should be a "signals" tab, but it's not there. So I am stuck.

Does anybody here know (or can point me to someone who knows) what the problem might be? Why am I not seeing this tab?

Do I actually need to subscribe to signals first, here before that tab appears? Doesn't sound right to me, but still, since I don't know, it's better to ask! (I've subscribed to a couple just in case without any difference)

I've written to my broker and he seemed to know even less, even though I got to this page, through them(Ava)... here is what he wrote back:

"There shouldn’t be an issue with using the 3rd party service on the MT4 as well as the Ava demo server.

You should contact the service provider though. Are they working based on an EA or is it an alert system?

Regards,"

What am I to answer to him regarding if it's a EA or an alert system? I don't think it matters..

Thank you all in advance for reading and hopefully helping me!

Best regards,

Dimitri 

banzak:

Hello,

I have some queston about the subscriptions to a signal. I subscripted to a signal at https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/subscriptions, after that I tried to connect it to my account

with my MT4 and I got "2013.01.03 09:42:30    '196113': Signal - synchronization terminated, signal provider has leverage 1:300, leverage greater than 1:100 not allowed".

Yesterday it worked and the trades were copied. Is there any bug?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Well, according to the rules III.4 A Signal on an account with a leverage exceeding 1:500 is available neither for a paid nor for a free subscription. So if you still have this problem, you may have to write this to Service Desk.

nasatech:

Soo emm.. Hi there!

I am very curious about these signals! But can't seem to get them to work on my MT4 platform.

In "Options", there is a "community" tab where I can "connect to  MQL5.community account in order to subscribe to trading signals". No problem so far. I've done that.

Later on, I've read somewhere that there should be a "signals" tab, but it's not there. So I am stuck.

Does anybody here know (or can point me to someone who knows) what the problem might be? Why am I not seeing this tab?

Do I actually need to subscribe to signals first, here before that tab appears? Doesn't sound right to me, but still, since I don't know, it's better to ask! (I've subscribed to a couple just in case without any difference)

I've written to my broker and he seemed to know even less, even though I got to this page, through them(Ava)... here is what he wrote back:

"There shouldn’t be an issue with using the 3rd party service on the MT4 as well as the Ava demo server.

You should contact the service provider though. Are they working based on an EA or is it an alert system?

Regards,"

What am I to answer to him regarding if it's a EA or an alert system? I don't think it matters..

Best regards,

Dimitri 

If you have demo account with Ava FX, and the demo is working, then there should be no problem. I tried to open demo account through their website but their MT is not showing up their server list, so my demo is not working.

You may try with other broker beside Ava FX.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

phi.nuts:

If you have demo account with Ava FX, and the demo is working, then there should be no problem. I tried to open demo account through their website but their MT is not showing up their server list, so my demo is not working.

You may try with other broker beside Ava FX.

I have both demo and real account. I've tried to make this work with bort (even though I should do it on a demo first, I got too frustrated :p)

this is strange, I've written to their technical support, we'll se what they say...

nasatech:
I have both demo and real account. I've tried to make this work with bort (even though I should do it on a demo first, I got too frustrated :p)

this is strange, I've written to their technical support, we'll se what they say...

Look at what broker other signal provider use, then try that broker. There are some signal provider using Alpari so try use Alpari.

What we're looking for here is, if this problem only appear with Ava FX, or all brokers as well.  

nasatech:

Soo emm.. Hi there!

You should contact the service provider though. Are they working based on an EA or is it an alert by Browse to Save">system?

Regards,"

Best regards,

Dimitri 

Its strange, coz in the older MT4 versions eg 412, the Community tab was not there, in the build 432 BOTH tabs, community AND SIGNALS are there. I dont know abt Avafx, but if the build is 451 and yet the Signals tab is missing, IMHO: u have a few choices:

Option1: Write to the tech dept and GET this resolved. I am only build 451 for 2 weeks and was on 432 for 1 week and BOTH versions have BOTH tabs.

Option2: If u are really ok with the signals and have TESTED it on demo acct and find it profitable and ready to invest in VPS, you should look for another broker esp if Avafx did not resolve your issues. This is almost highway robbery. I have an FXOPEN acct same build as yours and on MT4 as well, if I could subscribe to signals (currently got 1), why couldnt you?

Ultimately its your choice, you could stay with Avafx and trade manually or using a signal services etc. You have to evaluate your choice properly, as subscribing to signals meant footing for VPS, unless your brokerage provides free VPS. Be very careful in asking all your concerns abt the conditions for maintaining that "Free" VPS. Some brokerage needs a min of USD5,000 and at least 10standard lots or such conditions. Its best to check. Again, IMHO, its cheaper to foot your own and there are some decent VPS service out there as well. With your own Windows based VPS, you can install a few copies of the MT4 (even from different brokerages) and run a few MT4s some demos, some lives. Set the demo to run on signals u are interested but not tested and set the live to run on those profitable

PS: This IS not to advertise on behalf of FXOPEN or any other broker, DONT just open an acct with FXOPEN just cos I commented on this, do your homework carefully, consider all conditions, such as spreads, regulated broker, access to multiple currencies pairs (if ea trades some minor or exotics pairs), withdrawals, deposits, commission etc. Wish you luck with resolving with Avafx. Please treat my comments as sharing info only

phi.nuts:

Hi Phi,

What happens if my broker has suffixes eg EURUSD.xsx or EURUSD.m and provider does not. Will the signals still work regardless (coz MT4 is quite intelligent)?

Currently I DONT have this issue, but was wondering in future when I get another broker will this affect my selection of broker as well, esp since ONE acct, ONE signal ONLY rule

BTW: Instead of putting it in this forum, I got fed-up with my bad experience of MT4's restricted and non logical way of synchronization of trades (remember I wrote abt my lost of $618, coz I change the % of deposit WHILE there are open trades and system re-calculated the lot sizes and CLOSE half of all open trades at market price). Well, rather than sit and complain, I went to MT4 site and give my feedback. It includes MT4 to check date/time stamp from sign-on to include NEW open trades and PENDING trades, as well as to use an internal system id# or use the provider's trans ID# as control across all the subscriber's acct to synch

As of current MT4 CANNOT synchronize (unless forced) if provider has positive open positions. MT4 also cant synch for PENDING trades on the provider's side.

Pending trades will NEVER affect the positive or negative balances of a provider NOR a subscriber as yet! Also if you did not forced synch, it may present an ever-forever loop coz provider can have the positive positions even when NEW trades are opened! This is my case when I subscribed to a provider. He had $8000+ positive balances opened, so if I dont forced it, how would I get his newly opened trades. It just dont make sense.

My suggestion also includes changing of % of deposit should only affect new trades not open trades.

I also further suggest that with this internal ID# stamped, potentially MT4 can then allow a subscriber to subscribe to more than ONE signal for ONE acct. Whilst I could understand why MT4 disallowed subscribers to have their own manual trades (pending or open), I cant understand why synch is NOT allowed if provider had pending trades. Could U?

ymleong:

Its strange, coz in the older MT4 versions eg 412, the Community tab was not there, in the build 432 BOTH tabs, community AND SIGNALS are there. I dont know abt Avafx, but if the build is 451 and yet the Signals tab is missing,

MQ does not support any MT build below 416 since June 1st, 2012 New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 416 
New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 416 - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 416 - MQL4 forum

ymleong:

Hi Phi,

What happens if my broker has suffixes eg EURUSD.xsx or EURUSD.m and provider does not. Will the signals still work regardless (coz MT4 is quite intelligent)?

Currently I DONT have this issue, but was wondering in future when I get another broker will this affect my selection of broker as well, esp since ONE acct, ONE signal ONLY rule

BTW: Instead of putting it in this forum, I got fed-up with my bad experience of MT4's restricted and non logical way of synchronization of trades (remember I wrote abt my lost of $618, coz I change the % of deposit WHILE there are open trades and system re-calculated the lot sizes and CLOSE half of all open trades at market price). Well, rather than sit and complain, I went to MT4 site and give my feedback. It includes MT4 to check date/time stamp from sign-on to include NEW open trades and PENDING trades, as well as to use an internal system id# or use the provider's trans ID# as control across all the subscriber's acct to synch

As of current MT4 CANNOT synchronize (unless forced) if provider has positive open positions. MT4 also cant synch for PENDING trades on the provider's side.

Pending trades will NEVER affect the positive or negative balances of a provider NOR a subscriber as yet! Also if you did not forced synch, it may present an ever-forever loop coz provider can have the positive positions even when NEW trades are opened! This is my case when I subscribed to a provider. He had $8000+ positive balances opened, so if I dont forced it, how would I get his newly opened trades. It just dont make sense.

My suggestion also includes changing of % of deposit should only affect new trades not open trades.

I also further suggest that with this internal ID# stamped, potentially MT4 can then allow a subscriber to subscribe to more than ONE signal for ONE acct. Whilst I could understand why MT4 disallowed subscribers to have their own manual trades (pending or open), I cant understand why synch is NOT allowed if provider had pending trades. Could U?

1. About Symbol with prefix and suffix: it will work with MT4 and MT5, but I could not find the announcement from MQ. I could only find the announcement for MT5 build 730 here point 5 (Signals: Fixed automatic transformation of EURUSD* type Forex trading symbols. If a signals source has positions at EURUSD! symbol, while a subscriber trades on EURUSD (or vice versa), the terminal will automatically detect the similarity of the trading symbols changing their names when copying the signal.).

As usual, test it on demo ;) 

2. About signal synchronization for MT4 : 

A. I think there several topic in forum regarding synchronization : Signal - mismatch of position volume, trying to fix.

B. You can complain and make suggestion to Service Desk. Go to your profile and look for Service Desk on the left side. Don't worry, they read what ever we write there, even it is for MT4/MQL4.

C. I agree with this : "My suggestion also includes changing of % of deposit should only affect new /future trades not currently opened trades.".  make sure you tell Service Desk your story. 

3. About pending order from provider : Yes it is not displayed, not just MQL5 signal service, but others like never display pendings from provider. They fear that subscriber, will place those pendings manually to other account that is not subscribed to signal.

Reason: