MT4 takes at least 10 minutes to load

Hi all

I would like to know what to do to make MT4 load a little faster.

For me it takes approx. 10 minutes after the click on the shortcut for the screen to popup.

For me 10 minutes it a little to long for a program to fire up.
The profile that is loaded only has 2 charts.
I have 3 more profiles with each 5 tabs in it but they are not loaded on start.

If you need more info to figure this out pls let me know 

system

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz, 1190 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7,70 GB
Available Physical Memory 701 MB
Total Virtual Memory 21,5 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4,42 GB
Page File Space 13,8 GB

Kind regards

Code profiling - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Profiling means collecting program parameters during its execution. During a profiling, the execution time and the number of calls of individual...

DGRL: I would like to know what to do to make MT4 load a little faster.

It loads just fine. It is the indicators and EAs you are running that takes so long.

Remove them and restart and verify for your self.

William Roeder #:

It loads just fine. It is the indicators and EAs you are running that takes so long.

Do you mean the indicators attached to a chart or the ones in the indicators folder?
Coz if you mean the ones attached to the chart, I only have 1 indicator loaded at the moment and that is just a simple timer to count the open candle time

William Roeder #:

I found it is the history folder that causes the issue
Since I am using it already for years and usually put my pc to sleep instead of shutting it down I rarely has this

Anyway after removing the history folder (specifically the mailbox) it runs fast again
The mailbox folder has well over 4600 email....

The oldest email is from 2017

DGRL #:
Do you mean the indicators attached to a chart or the ones in the indicators folder?
Coz if you mean the ones attached to the chart, I only have 1 indicator loaded at the moment and that is just a simple timer to count the open candle time
  • Did you try removing this indicator?
  • Also check other charts for other indicators/EAs/scripts and ensure no other indicators running.
  • How many charts do you have open?

----

• Do you have antivirus running?   Is MT4 terminal data folder path exempt from AV checks?
  • How many chart bars   ( Options > Chart Tab > Max Bars in Chart )
  • You have less than 1gb free.  And possibly using a lot of paging.  Can you open the Windows Task Manger > Performance Tab and see the "In Use" + "Cached" memory is?
  • How close is this to the total available Physical ram?   Also is your page pool OR non page pool >500MB?

Maybe best to take screenshot of both the Performance Tab and also the Details tab.   Sort by commit size, descending.

-> Do you use portable mode?  /portable switch in mt4 shortcut/launcher.

DGRL #:
I found it is the history folder that causes the issue
Since I am using it already for years and usually put my pc to sleep instead of shutting it down I rarely has this

Anyway after removing the history folder (specifically the mailbox) it runs fast again
The mailbox folder has well over 4600 email....

The oldest email is from 2017

Ok, well good to see and interesting tip.

How did you get so many emails?  That should be rare to get mailbox message unless you sign up for a lot of demo accounts.

Joshua Graham #:

Ok, well good to see and interesting tip.

How did you get so many emails?  That should be rare to get mailbox message unless you sign up for a lot of demo accounts.

Well to be honest I never looked at the mail box
Also my broker send a ton of email when for example a short or long is rejected. Quotes not reached and what not
I also make demo accounts sometimes yes.

So yeah got well over 4600 emails LOL 
I just removed them all since I don't really care about it and now MT4 fires up within 3 second.

SO tip of the day.... keep your email away... (at least in MT4 LOL)

Reason: