Is there a need for a lock in MT5? - page 47

Olga_trader писал(а) >>

With zero margin coverage, locks are needed for short-term trading with small deposits.

There are a lot of traders who use locks (scalpers, pips traders).

What is the relation to the size of the deposit? With no open positions also zero margin coverage...

I'm telling you, I'm sick of lots of them, at least I use them sometimes, I don't need them. I don't know several EAs who use locks to bypass brokerage companies' requirements for position holding time, I suspect that you may get something using opening and closing nuances of some brokerage companies, but this is cheating and craftiness verging on stealing and cheating. It has nothing to do with trading. The difference between these two values can be seen in the following table: >> "With some calculations there is no mathematical possibility to use position locks, in some scenarios only loss in the form of additional overheads (swaps/differences/commissions).

Olga_trader >> :

There is undoubtedly a psychological aspect to locking.

In short-term trading at the anticipated turning point, it is nice to close a profitable locked position while waiting for the remaining losing order to gradually turn into a profitable one.

The same result can be achieved in different ways.

Profits can be made both without and with the use of lots.

Losses can be incurred both without using lots and with them.

I'm for the possibility of simultaneous existence of total combined BUY and SELL positions in one account, without their mutual destruction.

Provided that there is zero margin coverage locked positions are necessary for short-term trading with a small deposit.

There are many traders using locks (scalpers, pips traders).

Once again: you don't need locs to trade. Not in any way.

As the trade is a numbers game in any case, you have to check the validity of the statements with a calculator.

2. When a trader is in a lock, he is out of the market, i.e. out of trading ;)....

They may be of value for the psychological comfort of the trader. The use or not use - IMHO - is better to leave the choice to the trader. That is, if your brokerage company allows, use, if not - change your brokerage company, change the platform... et cetera ....

>> For trading the absence of lots (and their presence) do not matter.

Good luck ....

forget about swaps.... you trade long term? what if there is a buy signal on the dailies in march and we jam 1.5555.... what does it mean not to trade a flat or correction?

and it is not a lot as such, but simply another position with an MM which is designed for the same lot - so why close the long term?

Cvinto >> :
forget swaps.... You trade long term? What if there is a buy signal on the dailies in march and we jam 1.5555.... what does it mean not to trade a flat or correction?

:). This is equivalent to a corresponding change in the size of the open position. No more than that.

Cvinto >> :
forget about swaps.... You traded long term? What if there is a buy signal on the Daily for example in March and we jam 1.5555.... what does it mean not to trade a flat or correction?

>> I'm with you all the way!

Figar0 >> :

What is the relationship to the size of the deposit? If there are no open positions, there is also zero margin coverage...

To be honest, I'm fed up with these locks, at least I use them sometimes, I don't need them. I don't know several EAs who use locks to bypass brokerage companies' requirements for position holding time, I suspect that you may gain something using nuances of opening and closing in some brokerage companies, but this is cheating and craftiness verging on stealing and cheating. It has nothing to do with trading. Mathematically based using locks does not give any advantage, in some scenarios only losses in the form of additional overhead (swaps/spreads/commissions).

Guys! How many times do I have to tell you... (>> you should have been prepared...

If you don't need locks, then why muddy the waters?

Bypassing is impossible, and in the regulations, which I recently re-read, it says in blue and white:

"3.6.6 Orders with a difference between opening and closing time of less than 2 minutes (or the time between the opening of the order and the opening of the opposite locking order) may be canceled by the company."

or in a similar vein....

Again, it's mental, it's maths.

but have you tried simple trading with lots?

)))

kombat писал(а) >>

Have you tried simply trading with the lochs?

)))

So teach us, maybe we will become a lot of lovers of locks, rally the ranks and firmly demand from MQ and NFA to return us to a happy childhood)

Figar0 >> :

Well, then teach us, maybe we will become a lot of lovers of locks, rally the ranks and firmly demand from MQ and NFA to return us to a happy childhood)

Well, if you haven't been able to get a buy or sell button in years,

it's not too late to learn, it's just not worth starting...

)))

Oh, Kombat, oh, what a rhetorician, oh, what a ballbuster ))))

Even if the Loks themselves register on the forum and start writing:

- Yes we do not make sense!, it's an illusion - Kombat still will argue with them and prove that they do not know their true abilities, and generally fools ))))).

Reason: