Is there a need for a lock in MT5? - page 45

The lock is of practical value for trading provided zero margin cover opposite positions of equal size.

001 >> :

OK. How to use the MT5 functionality in this situation. TS has given a signal to buy, where BUY is shown. The price went against the TS, we had to lock the position (thin, red is the lock). According to TS rules we may close the lock only when the price reaches the thick, red line. What body movements should the Expert Advisor (or a person) perform, to imitate a lock. The price passes the lock line 17 times? White arrows.

Yes it is simply equivalent to triggering a stop (closing a position) and not making any decisions until the level of "breaking" the loc. If you "flat out" for a couple of days, you will pay less swaps as well. Or maybe I got it wrong?

Lock is exactly the same as closing a position. There is no difference.

Kogelet >> :
Lock - absolutely identical to closing a position. There is no difference.

No way! Really...

kombat >> :

No way! Really...

In the case given by 001 - no it is not. The triggering of the stop is more favourable by the size of the swap difference. If in doubt, use a calculator.

>> Good luck...

001 писал(а) >>

OK. How to use the functionality of MT5 in this situation. TS has given a signal to buy, where BUY is shown. The price went against the TS, we had to lock the position (thin, red is the lock). According to TS rules we may close the lock only when the price reaches the thick, red line. What body movements should the Expert Advisor (or a person) perform, to imitate a lock. The price passes the lock line 17 times? The white arrows.

The closing of the lock on the thick line is a loss. Suppose the price has moved down after the first buy and has not returned - it is losing again due to the difference in position opening. I think I understand the psychology of lockers - a lock is a psychological fear of stops, with the hope that the price will return to the point of opening the first position.

I read on one forum a comment of a locker: "we open the lock at once, when the price moves in one direction we fix profit, the second side is locked with profit when the price comes back". And if the price has not moved back? Here we must immediately (if possible) close the second position, or we will receive a growing loss. This is where we should make a true trade decision to open a position, and not a pseudo-trade decision to open a lock. Lokers are like children learning to swim with a life ring, they have no trading strategy as such. Locks, as a technical feature, allow you to earn in the flat without fixing the losses and without using TS. Locks themselves in this case are the TS.

The lock is a state outside the market, and the closing of the lock corresponds to a normal opening of a position with a normal trading decision. Take this as an axiom.

Gee, there will finally be a compulsory treatment applied to locophiles.

Olga_trader >> :

The lock represents practical value for trading provided that there is zero margin coverage of opposite positions of equal size.

Wrong.

This is closer to the truth:

The lock represents Psychological value for of the trader subject to zero margin coverage of opposite positions of equal size.

Good luck

VladislavVG >> :

In the case given by 001 - no it is not. The triggering of the stop is more favourable by the size of the swap difference. If in doubt, use a calculator.

Good luck ...

You don't have to tell me what a lock is.

I was being sarcastic when I was telling us the truth about zeros.

)))

Locke represents psychological value for of a trader subject to zero margin coverage of opposite positions of equal size.

With a single one, it's not bad either...

I want to cool down the hot heads.

Having just one aggregate position for one instrument does not mean that it is impossible to apply several strategies to one instrument. It does not prevent us from analyzing the history of orders and deals that filled or emptied one or another position. In doing so, each strategy can be marked with its own badge that has been expanded to 8 bytes in Five.

That's all, I will say no more. Study the language reference.

stringo >> :

I want to cool down the hot heads.

Having just one aggregate position for one instrument does not mean that it is impossible to apply several strategies to one instrument. It does not prevent us from analyzing the history of orders and deals that filled or emptied one or another position. In doing so, each strategy can be marked with its own badge that has been expanded to 8 bytes in Five.

That's all, I will say no more. Just study the language reference.

And don't!

;)

Just read and take note of my suggestion to introduce "globalmagic".

This will make it a lot easier for us to keep track of trades...

Reason: