Is there a need for a lock in MT5? - page 53

Guys. How do you respond to that? Easier to shoot than explain. (Sorry, Lord...)

alex1978 wrote >>

25 again! Here is a concrete scheme when working with constant lot loses 100p in mt5

because of impossibility to hold both positions

http://forum.alpari.ru/post1524963-274.html

001 писал(а) >>

I apologise for the tone if it offended. If this is the first time you've visited this thread or any other reason, then if you scroll back you'll find a post where I showed how hopeless lots are dealt with. The thick red line in that picture is just a decision boundary, if price had gone down you could have closed the buy +3 pips and then price would with high probability have gone to sell. Otherwise it's a hopeless lock and should be broken with a bounce from the level on a higher TF, better +2TF. For example like in the picture below.

The first rebound marked the level, on the second rebound, at the breakthrough of the red trendline we close buy, at the breakdown of the blue one - sell. On the sum of closing both positions, there will be + and not minus, as in the case of a simple stop. You see the arithmetic is different, but most likely it's not arithmetic, it's trading, which is not an exact science, but an art, so...

No, you didn't. Let's try again - you don't open/close orders from the red line, but you calculate the decision-making levels? Let's make it clear - before you open/close a position you will know the level at which you will do it, right? If you don't want to get into the core of locating - just specify the decision-making levels and actions - and let's compare the result in parallel with the position holding and netting - that's it.

As for trading - trading is always a numbers game and the result can always be calculated. But the method and the reason of making decisions may not be referred to an exact science, and accounting is always a numbers game, therefore you can always use a calculator.

>> Good luck.

VladislavVG писал(а) >>

Can you do the math ? There are not equivalent sizes right at the first lock - in MT4 there is 1 buy lot left and in MT5 there is 1 sell lot - hence the difference in results is not a loss due to presence/absence of a lock but due to ignorance of arithmetic.

That is, if you do net metering, you should get the same size in the same direction in both cases.

In this case in MT5 the analogue would be:

1. profit taking

2. net opening in the net side, which is 1 lot buy, not 1 lot sell.

Generally - back to school, second grade ;).... No offence...

Good luck.

How about an easier way? How to make up the missing 100 points in mt5 by working with fixed lot?

alex1978 >> :

Like who? Well, the 4 will last a year and then what? It's not like I'm going to give up trading in a year.

And all these terms about netting and accounting don't mean anything to me. In any case it will be mega complicated.

As a result, instead of a simple scheme we will have a technology of space complexity.

First of all, it's not cosmic.

Secondly, if the terms don't mean anything to you, that's your problem and yours alone.

thirdly, who cares what you will or won't be doing in a year, two years, a hundred years from now?

>> no one owes you anything except the laws and contracts you signed.

>> "mama give" >> "papa buy" >> "papa unwrap the wrapper"

001 писал(а) >>

... I was showing you how hopeless lots are handled. The thick red line in that picture is just a decision line, if price had gone down, you could have closed the buy +3 pips and then price would have very likely gone to sell. Otherwise it's a hopeless lock and should be broken with a bounce from the level on a higher TF, better +2TF. For example like in the picture below.

The first rebound marked the level, on the second rebound, at the breakthrough of the red trendline we close buy, at the breakdown of the blue one - sell. On the sum of closing both positions, there will be + and not minus, as in the case of a simple stop. The arithmetic is different, or rather it is not arithmetic, it is trading which is not an exact science, but an art, so...

I have nothing against your method of breaking a lock, but as far as I understand it, it is not formalizable and depends on the reversal levels which we cannot see beforehand and we can only hope that it is a reversal and not a weak correction. And this kind of reversal is really an art and not a craft. I don't mean to say that this method doesn't work. If it works for you, great. But you may as well fix the loss, retrace and offset it with further trades. The lock here only allows you to hide possible troughs in the balance chart from taking a loss. Or am I wrong?

To summarise, I would not call your method a way to break the loc, but a profitable swing trade.

alex1978 писал(а) >>

How about an easier way? In mt5, how would working with a constant lot compensate for the missing 100 p?

Ok - count:

Sequence of actions :

MT4

1) Open buy 1 lot from 1.5

2. Block - buy opening 1 lot + sell opening 1 lot from 1.53

3. close sell 1 lot from 1.54

4. buy 2 lot close 1.56

Result : +300 (1.53-1.5) x 1 (buy) + 100 (1.54-1.53) x 2 (buy) - 100 (1.54-1.53) x 1 (sell) + 200 (1.56-1.54) x 2 (buy) = 300 + 200 - 100 +400 = 800

MT5

1. open buy 1 lot from 1.5

2. from 1.53 in MT4 - buy opening 1 lot + sell opening 1 lot ==> profit taking in MT5 + net position opening = 2 (buy) - 1 (sell) = 1 lot (buy)

3. MT4 close Sell 1 lot from 1.54 ==> MT5 recalculate net position - open 1 lot buy

4. buy close 2 lots 1.56

Result : +300 (1.53-1.5) x 1 (buy) + 100 (1.54-1.53) x 1 (buy) + 200 (1.56-1.54) x 2 (buy) = 300 + 100 + 400 = 800

Where is the difference ?

Good luck

ZZZ here I took 1 lot, not 0.1 - take my word for it - the result will not change ;)...

ZZZY corrected the post - the last 200 p pass 2 lots, not 1. On the ratio of the results will not affect.

>> Good luck.

Trying to understand the lockers, I surfed the net looking for the most effective ways to break a lock.

From what I have found, the best method is the method of the trader called OverLord.

The method is described here. But in essence, it is not a method of breaking a lock,

it's a method of catching the movement and taking profits on it. Purely mathematically

if we take a loss and then work out the movement, the result will be exactly the same,

which VladislavVG just proved in a previous post.

VladislavVG mentioned Equity and Balance lines a few posts above,

In my opinion, the most honest line would be the line based on the cumulative minimum value,

like this (two values in a point, Equity and Balance values, and which of them is smaller is plotted on the line).

Such a line will reveal all faults of the trading system.

alex1978 >> :

Until the end of 2010 100% And then? If metaquotes made an official announcement that they would continue to support MT4

then all would go away and the thread could be closed!

Understand, we have nothing against mt5, as long as it is not a REPLACE for mt4, but just a separate independent platform.

And about the logic, it looks something like this:

http://forum.alpari.ru/post1534720-160.html

The problem isn't even whether MK will support mt4,

it's whether or not the offices will keep it...

Naturally with continued MK support there will be some hustlers,

but as they say nothing is better than such nincompoops...

Simply put, for mature trading, MT4 would be lost in this form.

VladislavVG писал(а) >>

No, you didn't. Let's try again - you do not open/close orders from the red line, but you calculate the decision-making levels? Let's make it clear - before opening/closing a position you will know the level at which you will do it, right? If you don't want to get into the core of locating - just specify the decision-making levels and actions - and let's compare the result in parallel with the position holding and netting - that's it.

As for trading - trading is always a numbers game and the result can always be calculated. But the method and the reason of making decisions may not be referred to an exact science, and accounting is always a numbers game, therefore you can always use a calculator.

Good luck.

Here is the figure. The matter is that before making a decision, the price in flat will make me open/close a position more than 10 times, I don't care about losing a position - I wait for the price to break away from one of the positions , and then I wait for its exit at a distance multiple of the size of the lock. I.e.

1. For a time I leave everything in status quo. With the help of the lock.

2. lock is destroyed ONLY under the condition (or / or).

a. In case of price multiple (multiple of pips loc) distance from the lock + return to him.

b. In case of losing by the price at multiple (multiple of pips of the lock) distance from the lock + continuation of the price movement. In this case, the lock is broken by a bounce from the level.

Reason: