Interesting and Humour - page 4493

Roman Shiredchenko:
Yes, come on, gentlemen - it's a joke... :-)

Yes, maybe this is it -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Interesting and Humorous

Alexander Antoshkin, 2019.08.11 10:14

Naturally, I began to realise that there was good money to be made on this. I had it all worked out. There's plenty of local, wild hemp in the area. Pluck it, sushi it, prepare the cure. All that was left was to find a doctor with a degree. We open "Horns and Horses", I supply the potion, and in six months all the alcoholics in town will be treated by my "Dr. Dolittle", who will also not know the recipe for the drink.

Libraries, gentlemen, libraries, and bicycles!

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

it won't work.

Not only that:

1) it's literally dangerous: a) you're going out and on your own a lot -- b) criminal risk -- c) health risk: syringes if you run into a needle

2) you're in a conflict of interest with many parties at once: a) drug addicts with a quiet place to go? -- b) the drug dealers and the police, who won't be on your side

wow!

the junkies have practically taken over the city,

every house has an ad for a bookmarking system,

and then you're offered to move to another town, you know, to another house, you can save the day !

Maybe we should fight a war after all !

And by the way, I don't have a bike ... They're selling so expensive everywhere ... They're having a bicycle boom ...

Олег avtomat:

Eh, you haven't learned a soldier's wits...

you just have to think a bit ;)

you have to turn a comfortable place into an uncomfortable one in order to direct them to find another place.

here is something rational !

any particular idea ?

Denis Sartakov:

here's something rational !

any concrete ideas ?

Disassemble the steps.

Soak the steps with creosote, varnish, tar, solidol...

Install an ultrasonic radiator behind the window, which is used in some places to discourage subconsciously young people from hanging out (they feel the frequencies and get uncomfortable, unlike adults).

All variants are of varying degrees of illegality.

Edgar:

Take the steps apart.

Fouling the steps with creosote, varnish, tar, solidol...

Install a directional ultrasonic emitter outside the window, which is used in some places to subconsciously scare young people away (they, unlike adults, can sense these frequencies and get uncomfortable).

All variations are of varying degrees of illegality.

Yeah, thanks.

solidol seems good, plus put up an ad like:

watch out! the steps are antiseptic!

"directional ultrasonic emitter..." - I googled it, but I can't seem to find anything that fits,

any advice on anything in particular?

Denis Sartakov:

...any specific advice?

Simple and effective: somewhere at the top (so you can see it, but it's not easy to take it off) attach a sign with about this text:
"Disrespected junkies! You are being filmed by a hidden camera with a microphone. Watch yourself on the YouTube channel."
And for the sake of argument, film them once or twice on your smartphone and put them on YouTube.

for motivation, a strong video:

Pavel Gotkevitch:

Simple and effective: somewhere at the top (so you can see it but it's not easy to take it down), attach a sign that reads:
"Disrespected junkies! You are being filmed by a hidden camera with a microphone. Watch yourself on the YouTube channel".
And for the sake of argument, film them once or twice on your smartphone and put them on YouTube.

well, the audience i have here is very far from YouTube,

I don't think they'd be intimidated by an ad like that.

but you gave me another idea:

1... taking pictures of them surreptitiously.

2. Post these pictures in colour and good size on nearby houses with a message like.

"Wanted by police, call 102."

Reason: