Step Ma EA - page 8

I'm new here but I have read so much posts and threads in the forum and honestly it's very superb one that can guide all to success.

I just want to comment on something if I may that I have noticed as I went through all posts one by one in this topic to figure out the way the indicators or the EA works and I noticed this :

The rules of the indicator are as mentioned in the 1st post and when I tested them manually It gave superb results and only 1-2 losing trades with only 5-6 pips max loss among about 20-30 successful trades. Again I say manually.

Then I tried the All the EA here in the thread I noticed some stuff.

1)

if (UseReEntry)

{

bool reEntryBuy = (fsmanow > msmanow && fsmapre ssmanow);

bool reEntrySell = (fsmanow msmanow && msmanow < ssmanow);

I know nothing about coding but yet that's what I understood when I read it and I will translate accorfing to 1st post rules.

Buy if :

Fast is bigger than Medium now ( Yellow is above Red now )

Fast was smaller than Medium Before ( Red was above Yellow )

Medium is bigger than Smaller now ( Red is above Blue now )

From what I understood that Previous means 1 or 2 bars before so in that case the EA will buy when The Red crosses the yellow and becomes under it while the Blue is already under.

If that's the case then It's the opposite. The Blue should cross the red now and be below it and at the same time the Red is below the yellow in order to make a long trade and the red doesn't have to cross the yellow now as it may have already done that few bars away.

And the close signal for the long trade is when the red line crosses the yellow again and this time it's above it while of course the blue will still be at the bottom of the two.

Also There's a second entry point explained in the rules that wasn't found in the EA coding ( I think ) Which is when the Red line crosses the yellow one again and comes below it again while the Blue is still at the bottom.

What I meant from all this is that I don't think the EA is working according to these rules because when I try it manually it's very good and when I test the EA it opens trades not according to the correct signals at all.

I don't mean that Mr tools got it all wrong. I appreciate your work and time trying to help us and giving us good EA to use but that's just what I noticed when I tried the strategy using both Manual and EA.

Hi elmloook,

I think - you are not talking about Step_MA_Expert EA as this EA is based on StepMA_v8EA indicator from here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

You talking about StepMa_3D_Ea https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general because this EA is using StepMA_3D_v3 indicator.

As I see

fsmanow = StepMA fast with bar 1

fsmapre = StepMA fast with bar 2

ssmanow = StepMA slow with bar 1

ssmapre = StepMA slow with bar 2

msmanow = StepMA middle with bar 1

msmapre = StepMA middle with bar 2

So, it is not Smaller, it is slow StepMA (StepMA with most biggest period).

As to this indicator StepMA_3D_v3 so I am not sure - it was converted to 5 digit broker or not ... because when I opened this indicator in MetaEditor so I see something like that:

StepSizeMin=MathRound(Kv*ATRmin/Point)*Point;

StepSizeMax=MathRound(Kv*ATRmax/Point)*Point;

StepSizeMid=MathRound(Kv*0.5*(ATRmax+ATRmin)/Point)*Point;

so, this 'Point' is everywhere ... may be - this indicator should be converted to 5 digit broker?

No idea.

I think - MrTools can tell something about.

It was about StepMa_3D_Ea.

As to Step_MA_Expert EA so it is performing good for now (I will upload the statements tomorrow).

===============

- StepMa_3D EA is on this post.

- the settings of StepMa_3D EA for M15 timeframe is here.

- Step_MA_Expert EA with settings - use this post.

Thx for ur reply Newdigital and I would like also to thank you for the great help and support you are offering here.

I said before that I read all the posts and also downloaded and tried all existing EAs and indis in here including the v8 indicator and EA both posted by Mr tools.

But the v8 indicator Always gives one colour which is Aqua and never uses the others colours so I think there's something not right.

And still I tried the EA posted with it that depended on the v8 indicator and yet still the same problem.

It doesn't follow the rules posted by OP in Post 1.

I think few things have changed among the way that made the idea not the same. Not sure.

Here's a Picture to show you what I mean.

As you see. The Aqua coloured line is the v8 indi and the other 3 lines are the v3 indi. You will see on the picture that I marked a perfect entry point and another perfect exit point and yet the EA didn't act on them.

That's not the only fault but that's just an example to show you that it don't follow the rules

BTW. That was a part of the chart picture from the back test of the EA posted by Mr tools.

Files:
test.gif  61 kb

elmloook:
Thx for ur reply Newdigital and I would like also to thank you for the great help and support you are offering here.

I said before that I read all the posts and also downloaded and tried all existing EAs and indis in here including the v8 indicator and EA both posted by Mr tools.

But the v8 indicator Always gives one colour which is Aqua and never uses the others colours so I think there's something not right.

And still I tried the EA posted with it that depended on the v8 indicator and yet still the same problem.

It doesn't follow the rules posted by OP in Post 1.

I think few things have changed among the way that made the idea not the same. Not sure.

Here's a Picture to show you what I mean.

As you see. The Aqua coloured line is the v8 indi and the other 3 lines are the v3 indi. You will see on the picture that I marked a perfect entry point and another perfect exit point and yet the EA didn't act on them.

That's not the only fault but that's just an example to show you that it don't follow the rules

BTW. That was a part of the chart picture from the back test of the EA posted by Mr tools.

Hi Elmloook,

What you said about the v8 indicator always giving 1 color is not true in the external parameters there is a setting called extern int ColorMode = 0; // Color Mode Switch,,,,, it has 3 settings:::setting 0 = the Aqua line you have made us aware of,setting 1 = 2 lines similar to bb stop type indicators, and setting 2 = a 2 colored solid line (bullish slope,bearish slope).

Also think it was a couple posts or pages back recall saying something about throwing the Ea in the trash can and starting over, main problem I found is the repainting I found(mainly in the fast step ma), so have been working on a solution to this, because if the indicator repaints anywhere its useless as far as an Ea is concerned. The chart picture had nothing to do with the back test, am not able to visually back test an Ea from my laptop as I have stated many times.So would be best for you to back test and show us your back test in visual mode.

Anyway am in process of checking the code and its very possible I made mistakes, if so will correct them and post a revised edition once I am able to fix the repainting of the indicator, and THANKS for your observations.

ps) just saw another point i didn't reply to. Yes you are right the last Step Ma Ea does not go by the rules posted in the first post, it is different, if I didn't state that when I posted the Ea am sorry. Posted it in this section in the public forum because far as I know, there is no other threads in public section for StepMaEa's.

mrtools:
Hi Elmloook,

What you said about the v8 indicator always giving 1 color is not true in the external parameters there is a setting called extern int ColorMode = 0; // Color Mode Switch,,,,, it has 3 settings:::setting 0 = the Aqua line you have made us aware of,setting 1 = 2 lines similar to bb stop type indicators, and setting 2 = a 2 colored solid line (bullish slope,bearish slope).

Also think it was a couple posts or pages back recall saying something about throwing the Ea in the trash can and starting over, main problem I found is the repainting I found(mainly in the fast step ma), so have been working on a solution to this, because if the indicator repaints anywhere its useless as far as an Ea is concerned. The chart picture had nothing to do with the back test, am not able to visually back test an Ea from my laptop as I have stated many times.So would be best for you to back test and show us your back test in visual mode.

Anyway am in process of checking the code and its very possible I made mistakes, if so will correct them and post a revised edition once I am able to fix the repainting of the indicator, and THANKS for your observations.

ps) just saw another point i didn't reply to. Yes you are right the last Step Ma Ea does not go by the rules posted in the first post, it is different, if I didn't state that when I posted the Ea am sorry. Posted it in this section in the public forum because far as I know, there is no other threads in public section for StepMaEa's.

Thx so much for ur reply and concern Mr tools. That's what makes this forum so awesome.

1) As for the indicator and the colouring rule. I never found this colour option before in any post in this thread about the v8 indicator so it's the first time I See the rule now and so I made the colour option set to 2 now and it's working fine

2) I know you said that the EA was useless but I just quoted the part that I think makes the EA goes against the 1st post rules.

Also I'm using the EA that was posted along with the V8 indicator in one of ur posts and that newdigital referred to for other members.

I'm not using it but wanted to see the logic of it's work.

3) The repainting point. I'm not sure if this means that the indicator goes from red to blue for example then back to red again or you mean something else.

If that's the case then the problem is in v8 indi cause that's the one the change colour according to trend but other versions like for example v3 ( The one I'm using now ) doesn't change colours.

And if by repainting you mean for example that at one point the lines may cross ( in v3 not v8 ) then after a couple of bars that cross goes away then this can be fixed by maybe only opening an order after a confirmation by say 3-4 bars cause as I use this indicator I noticed that once it gives a signal it pretty much goes for not short time with it.

4) The picture I took wasn't to show the backtest. I only wanted to see when it opens the orders and when it closes them and how much it's obeying the rules

5) Strangely also after I knew the colouring rule in the v8 indi I applied it now to the same chart and still it didn't open or close trades when coloures changed.

6) If the EA could follow the rules in the first post step by step then it would be so profitable. And if you made according to other rules or strategy then plz state it along with the next EA

7) I thank you again for your concern and willing to help.

mrtools:
Ok found my errors and hopefully corrected them but there is no telling how the Ea will perform, the indicator for this Ea (the v3) is doing the repainting especially the fast step ma is the easiest to tell.Believe it or not was trying to follow the first post strategy but having a lot of distractions lately, guess it caused me to loose focus, so hopefully this version is better. Not able to back test at the moment but think it should be ok.

In the Ea is extern int bars = 1, that is first closed bar back. So maybe can adjust this for repainting. The "Point" in the v3 code doesn't affect it as far as i have been able to tell, seems to be there mainly for the comments.

V8 indicator far as i can tell doesn't repaint have tried to simplify it somewhat but never could get it right.Explanation about Step Ma Ea which uses v8Ea indicator is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

It sure would be great to have an EA based on the first post of the thread that also uses a non-repainting Indy for reference, hopefully things will get there soon.

Thanks to everyone working on this

jayjonbeach:
It sure would be great to have an EA based on the first post of the thread that also uses a non-repainting Indy for reference, hopefully things will get there soon. Thanks to everyone working on this

Talk about a simple concept for EA, did anyone already consider making an EA based on only this ONE Indy and only on colour change only? If blue buy, if red exit buy and enter short. Repeat, repeat, etc

Or is this one of the repainting Indy's? (pic is from earlier in thread)

If so, there are non-repainting ones like this, even non-lag nrp ma on fast setting etc.

What also looks great, is the non-lag set on one TF higher, like H4 on the H1 chart, but I think it is not possible to code an EA on this signal IIRC? Also of course, it will repaint 3 or 4 bars due to MTF but signal once solidified might still be good, if able to code it.

Based on the pic below, its hard to imagine an EA not being profitable, it will have times where it gets chopped around (which could be filtered out) and takes small losses or has some BE but overall the big wins will pay for that and much more.

Does this version of StepMA I attached also repaint (from Igorad but who knows if it has been messed with)? Or do they all by default and that is the issue you trying to work around?

Files:
2016.gif  25 kb

Hi elmloook,

6) If the EA could follow the rules in the first post step by step then it would be so profitable. And if you made according to other rules or strategy then plz state it along with the next EA

We do not know - rules on the first post is profitable or not ...

Because fxinthecity did not upload his statement to prove that it may be profitable so ...

Yes, it may be good to have EA based on his rules just to see/test the EA.

But I want to say that the first versions of StepMA Eas were created in September 2005 for elite section with the rules definded by Igorad. And Step_MA_Expert EA was created according to his rules. Besides, Step_MA_Expert EA is improved version of elite section StepMAExpert_v1.45 which I traded for many years.

As to StepMa_3D Ea so I do not know - according to the rules from the first post, or not ...

because ... may be not, may be - yes ... All that I know that this StepMa_3D Ea is profitable for 2 or more pairs for 2 months.

But I agree with you - it may be good to improve this StepMa_3D Ea, or create new EA with the rules from the first post instead of StepMa_3D Ea.

===============

- StepMa_3D Ea_v1 is on this post.

Step Ma EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fix lot size.

===============

newdigital:
Hi elmloook,

We do not know - rules on the first post is profitable or not ...

Because fxinthecity did not upload his statement to prove that it may be profitable so ...

Yes, it may be good to have EA based on his rules just to see/test the EA.

But I want to say that the first versions of StepMA Eas were created in September 2005 for elite section with the rules definded by Igorad. And Step_MA_Expert EA was created according to his rules. Besides, Step_MA_Expert EA is improved version of elite section StepMAExpert_v1.45 which I traded for many years.

As to StepMa_3D Ea so I do not know - according to the rules from the first post, or not ...

because ... may be not, may be - yes ... All that I know that this StepMa_3D Ea is profitable for 2 or more pairs for 2 months.

But I agree with you - it may be good to improve this StepMa_3D Ea, or create new EA with the rules from the first post instead of StepMa_3D Ea.

===============

Since I read the the post 5 months ago I used this indicator and it was very good until My windows crashed and I had to format everything.

Then I googled about it again and came up to this thread and this awesome forum and that's when I knew about the EA for this indi.

So as for the profitability of this indicator It's GREAT.

I use it mostly on 5 M charts cause that's where I do most of my work and as for the pairs. EUR USD - GBP USD - EUR GPB - EUR JPY - GBP JPY - USD JPY - and some times USD CAD and USD CHF.

Reason: