Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1915

Alexey Viktorov #:

from the documentation... the inbox should have a ticket, not an index

If we have several orders for different symbols and the one we are looking for is the second in the list, we will not find it. Or there is only one magik, but we need to find it by another symbol, the answer will be wrong again...

Thanks

Alexey Viktorov #:

This approach is unacceptable to me. Add a magician and a symbol check, two lines of code, and in exchange a normal approach to solving the problem. And if you ignore my principles, the code is not quite right.

This is more logical.

And in this code, all you have to do is replace the blank check

to check for a magician and a character

and it's already a more versatile function...

Good morning everyone and good mood!

A GREAT THANK YOU, Alexey, for your patient approach and clear explanation of my errors.

Regards, Vladimir.

Ivan Butko #:

Please explain what his mistakes are. Can you briefly summarise what to pay attention to? And, if the code works, what are its "mistakes"?

Errors are in misunderstanding elementary things.

If you do not see them yourself, you too: Learn, learn and learn!

Koldun Zloy #:

Mistakes in not understanding elementary things.

If you don't see them yourself, you too: Learn, learn and learn!

Stop. This is a thread with questions from newbies. So you either answer the questions posed in the thread or pass by without your moralizing.

What have you shown yourself for? People want to see answers to questions, not a pretty face in a picture.

Artyom Trishkin #:

Stop. This is a thread with questions from newcomers. So you either answer the questions posed in the thread or pass by without your moralizing.

What have you shown yourself for? People want to see answers to questions, not the handsome man in the picture.

I just wanted to find out if the person wanted to learn something, then I could help.

Koldun Zloy #:

I just wanted to find out if the person wanted to learn something, then I could help.

Good. The very way of finding out what you want seemed strange: "you can't do anything, you need to learn and learn".

But, so be it...

Koldun Zloy #:

I sometimes do the same thing, because sometimes it happens that you make a speech, you waste time, but you don't hear from the TC, or he is not interested in it.

If he responds, it means that he is ready for a discussion, and then you start a discussion.

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

I sometimes do the same thing, because sometimes it happens that you are just trying to explain yourself, you waste time, but you don't hear from the TC, or he is not interested.

If he responds, it means that he is ready for a discussion, and then you start a discussion.

Some novices in programming are already quite recognizable. And most often you can see whether the person wants to learn or just dropped in to ask... In this case, I am sure that there is a desire.

Alexey Viktorov #:

Some newcomers to programming are already quite recognisable. And most often you can see whether a person wants to learn or just dropped in to ask... In this case, I'm sure there is a desire.

Good evening! Once again I want to express a GREAT THANK YOU to all those who responded constructively to my question.

I will try to be clear about myself briefly. Quite an elderly person. Still working (not in a factory, but still). In October 2020 I have started self-training in MQL5 programming language. In my free time I have developed a multicurrency Expert Advisor, which is now installed and working on a real account. From time to time I try to write new Expert Advisors (for myself ONLY!). Sometimes I "stumble" because of my lack of knowledge of many things. I do not claim to be professional. That's pretty much it.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! If a person contacts the Any Questions for Newbies in MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion of algorithms and codes, he really hopes for help!!!

Sincerely, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin #:

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! If a person applies to the branch Any questions from beginners in MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion of algorithms and codes, he really hopes for help!!!

Sincerely, Vladimir.

Unfortunately people hope for all kinds of help. You want to understand and master all programming subtleties, while some people think and ask you to "You write me a function. And then I will figure out how it should work...". I hope you understand that such people will not sort it out but will just use ready-made code like lego bricks... And sometimes they cannot assemble something that works even with these bricks. They might get the sequence wrong...

Reason: