Interesting and Humour - page 3287

And one last thing about toponymy:

Which districts of Moscow have more surnames

В Москве проживают четыре человека с фамилиями Москва, около 10 Москвичей, порядка 40 Москвичевых и больше 500 Москвиных. Такие фамилии обычно давали беспризорникам и безродным. Как считалось, родился в Москве, значит, будешь Москвиным или Москвичом.

Особенности национальных ФИО: откуда в Москве Дурные, Геи, Мандюки, Вы и другие странные фамилии
  • www.newsru.com
Самая популярная российская фамилия, безусловно, Иванов. Однако существуют и люди, чьи фамилии встречаются в единственном экземпляре. Так, в Москве проживают 30 человек, чьи фамилии - Убери, Работяга, Работник, Убейко, Цалуй, Лабик, Пава, Давила, Щавель, Яблонько, Забавик, Жабонос, Обжорин, Жавкин и Евангелии. Самые редкие имена и фамилии...

You can't take words out of songs...))) Historians claim that such names are linked to the travels of Peter the Great, and as usual he liked to take on his chest and comment on the localities he saw, his scribe slightly adjusted the names and they were given to settlements. While travelling on another journey, his servant overturned the carriage and the guards asked him what he should do and eventually the village was called Ipatevo; on another such occasion the name Ostafiego was given to it. Also passing through present-day Totma, Peter said swamp and darkness. There are many more similar stories.

Clarification. The village of Kherovka, Khery (now Krasnaya Pristan) is in the Bryansk region on the border with Smolensk oblast. When I was writing my diploma "Generators for Small Hydro Power Plants", I had a list of small rivers in Smolensk Oblast. What was surprising was that more than half of the hydronyms were derived from the names: smorodianka, stinker, shithead. And only a few had affectionate, poetic names - Chistik, Swallow, Teardrop... Something like that. And Lohovo is everywhere, I personally passed by such a village in a kayak trip on the Caspla.

In general, such a declension entered the Russian language very recently. When I was at primary school in the '60s, we were told that the declension was unnecessary:

Question, where do you live?

Answer, I live in Moscow. But if you say the type of settlement, you have to say "I live in the city (which is called) Moscow".

It is not at all clear how you should say, 'I live in Naberezhnye Chelny'... It is probably easier to say "I live in the city of Naberezhnye Chelny".

Now that's what I'm talking about, the spirit of the good old mql5 theme is there, thanks to the authors of the posts.

We have the Blyava River running through the town, the village of Blyava nearby, and the village of Blyavtamak. This may not be a particularly euphonious name for the Russian ear, but it's translated from Bashkir as "donkey".

Alexandr Saprykin:
The Blyava River runs through our town, the village of Blyava is nearby, and there is also the village of Blyavtamak. This may not be a particularly euphonious name for the Russian ear, but in Bashkir it means "donkey".
What is a donkey?Oselok, perhaps?

A favourite phrase at the end of a conversation among Moscow or St. Petersburg managers

I HEAR YOU!

--

You get the feeling that if you are not told this at the end of the conversation, then no one has heard you or even listened to you -)))

Yuriy Zaytsev:
The reincarnation of politicians with slogans for the collapse of the USSR. How familiar it all is!
Reason: