Errors, bugs, questions - page 271

Interesting:

Developers.

1. Please check the loading of the history into the tester (this is the first time I'm testing).

I am testing EURUSD using a standard MACD Sample on H1 with interval "last month".

I reached 57% of downloaded data and freezes successfully, with only this line in the log

2. Is it possible to make the leverage of 1:200 and 1:500 in the new builds in the tester constantly?

I understand that not all brokerage companies have such leverage, especially on MT5, but in the Strategy Tester this should probably be left because it is more convenient to test strategies on a new platform.

What does it mean to fix all the time? The bigger the leverage, the worse. You may even write - degree_of_poor_TC = ABS( leverage_TC - 100 )/100 :)) Value from 0 and up to infinity. :)

AndrNuda:
What does it mean to fix all the time? The more the leverage the worse. You can even write it this way - degree of_failure_of_ADC = ABS( leverage_ADC - 100 )/100 :)) Value from 0 and up to infinity. :)

You make me laugh again...

The big leverage is good for the brokerage company, it is faster for the "traders" to sell their money.

But for a real trader the size of leverage has no special importance, because he or she operates with MM.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

AlexSTAL:

You make me laugh again...

For a brokerage company large leverage is a good thing, it's faster for "traders" to sell their money.

But for the real trader in the real trade the leverage size does not matter, because he operates the MM.

I am disappointed that you failed to understand the text. Alas. :)

AndrNuda:
What does it mean to fix all the time? The bigger is the leverage, the worse. You may even write it this way - degree_failure_TC = ABS( leverage_TC - 100 )/100 :)) Value from 0 and up to infinity. :)

I am well aware of what 1:500 leverage is and why you need it, and I am also well aware that in normal conditions 100 is the maximum for forex.

I mean different - at least there are many brokerage companies (let's not say good or not) that offer 1:500 leverage on MT4 and some traders (including me) need to test their strategies with this leverage. At the same time strategies are multicurrency and several TFs are involved, therefore proper testing of such strategies in MT4 Strategy Tester is impossible.

The more so, such a chip is needed if we want MT5 to manage such an account in MT4 (exactly my variant).

AndrNuda:
I'm saddened that you failed to understand the text. Alas. :)

And I'm so saddened by what you've written...

Good luck!

P.S. And there are other forums for mockery and fun...

Voodoo_King:
build 381. NOTHING HAS CHANGED !!!

every time the terminal is restarted, the EAs are initialised with different parameters (whatever you want).

Reproduced, sorting it out.

If there is an error when creating an object on a chart, what should I do?

ERR_CHART_NO_REPLY

Chart does not respond

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Операторы / Оператор создания объекта new
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Операторы / Оператор создания объекта new
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Операторы / Оператор создания объекта new - Документация по MQL5

Rosh:

open[] and all other arrays in OnCalculate are timeseries.

... Therefore it was decided to pass these timeseries with indexing like regular arrays. That's how we got this paradox, when a timeseries is not indexed like a timeseries. That's why the help says that the indexing order should be checked and, if necessary, set as required.

It follows that all arrays from OnCalculate() pass price timeseries with direct indexing ("from past to present"). Can there be exceptions to this rule? If not, I suggest to specify in the handbook that

"Price timeseries are passed to arrays from OnCalculate() with direct indexing ("past to present"). To change indexing direction of price data in these arrays, call ArraySetAsSeries()".

From this (or similar) wording it is clear that (by default) it is not the price series itself that has direct indexation, but the array that contains it. Less cause for "paradoxes".

Yedelkin:

It follows that all arrays from OnCalculate() pass price timeseries with direct indexing ("from past to present"). Can there be exceptions to this rule? If not, I suggest to specify in the handbook that

From this wording we can see that (by default) it is not the price series itself which is directly indexed, but the array which contains it.

It is possible to add such clarification. Let's think about it. It won't change the essence, but maybe questions will disappear.

After compilation, the input parameters in the strategy tester are reset to their own parameters. Start, Step, Stop.

Every time after compilation, we have to re-adjust the required testing parameters.

This is very inconvenient.

Reason: