Errors, bugs, questions - page 1070

vlad_123:

Renat, do you have a chance to take a look at my application#855334 and give an opinion on how realistic it is to expect such functionality? No promises of timing, just a 'yes' or 'no'.

I'm wondering if it's worth the wait, or will the system have to be abandoned?

I would be very grateful.

The conceptual answer is no.

All the data for the cludes must be prepared in advance.

Renat:
Yes, there is that chance. But that's what beta testing is all about.
I mean, controlling the loading of these beta versions.

sion:
I, about controlling the loading of these beta versions.

Controlling is very simple - don't go to MetaQuotes-Demo, or go there from a separate copy of the terminal where there is no trading with real accounts.

It's as simple as that.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

My MetaEditor now won't start after the update! It hangs in processes for 10 seconds and then disappears. There is no window at all.

In the log:

Error MetaEditor not found

Versions:

MetaTrader 5 x64 build 858.

Windows 7 x64 SP1

Roffild:

My MetaEditor now won't start after the update! It hangs in processes for 10 seconds and then disappears. There is no window at all.

In the log:

Error MetaEditor not found
Mine runs and works fine.

Versions:

MetaTrader 5 x64 build 858.

Windows 7 x64 SP1

Same layout.

// Probably, the preprocessor went into some weird recursion again... ;) he just got tired of it all... )))

Is there a suspicion that the problem is with MetaEditor's startup threads synchronisation? Must have made a change in this part.

MetaEditor probably crashes with an exception, but doesn't admit it.

It does not start for no reason, but if you run the Process Monitor (I wanted to see the reason), MetaEditor will start from the second click. Probably, Process Monitor slows down the MetaEditor's threads and that is why the synchronization works.

It seems so...

Looks like 858 broke the arrays:

virtual string[] Info() // '[' - name expected    file.mq5    267    18
   {
          string info[4];
          info[0] = "ID";
          info[1] = "test";
          info[2] = "FuncName1";
          info[3] = "FuncName2";
          //info[x] = "FuncNameAny";
          return(info);
   }
'[' - name expected file.mq5 267 18
'[' - declaration without type file.mq5 271 4
'info' - declaration without type file.mq5 272 4
'info' - declaration without type file.mq5 273 4
'info' - declaration without type file.mq5 274 4
'return' - declaration without type file.mq5 276 4

Roffild:

Arrays seem to have been broken in 858:

'[' - name expected file.mq5 267 18
'[' - declaration without type file.mq5 271 4
' info' - declaration without type file.mq5 272 4
'info' - declaration without type file.mq5 273 4
'info' - declaration without type file.mq5 274 4
'return' - declaration without type file.mq5 276 4

No one ever promised the return of arrays from a function.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/basis/operators/return

You can return simple types, simple structures, object pointers . You can'treturn any arrays, class objects, or variables of complex structure typeswith the returnoperator .

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Операторы / Оператор возврата return
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Операторы / Оператор возврата return
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Операторы / Оператор возврата return - Документация по MQL5

I set twoMoving Averageindicators on the chart- they differ in colour and value of levels added - in the first one in red, in the second one in blue. Then I save the template. After saving, when I install the template, the second indicator disappears. If I set two indicators with different periods, the second one does not disappear. If I set one more MA, the third one, it is not saved in the template. If I simply close and then open the terminal, the second indicator also disappears. Is it a bug or it should be like this?

piv_:
I set twoMoving Average indicators on the chart - they differ in the colour of the levels added - in the first one red, in the second one blue. Then I save the template. After saving, when I set the template, the second indicator disappears. If I set two indicators with different periods, the second one does not disappear. If I set one more MA, it is not saved in the template.
Most likely, the indicator, which is attached to the chart last, is simply drawn over the first one.
TEST: Right click on the chart and select the list of indicators.
Reason: