Experts: Renko Live Charts v4.13 - page 9

fridayda13:

Hi all,

I added the following changes to the current version. I just felt the need to improve the existing version.

I hope you will find it useful and I would appreciate any comments on my additions.

//|   May 14 2018 (TS) (v600.5)

//|            - Restored ATR based box size, from [v4.1 Andrea Jan 20 2014] version

//|            - Changed RenkoBoxSize and Offset to double, in order to handle more precise box sizes to pippets in supporting 3/5 digit brokers.

//|            - Added comments on chart to notify users what should be done [v4.13 Tim Welch Aug 22 2014]

//|            - Added TestingMode, which allows to create offline charts in standard MQL4/5 timeframe constants,

//|              To use Renko charts in Strategy Tester

//|            - Change critical log prints messages to Message Box, for better understanding of the situation

//|            - Added automatic opening of the offline chart, and also an easy opening using "click here" on comments area

==================

Appreciated let us check with the new changes

I am happy to announce the newest version of RenkoLiveCharts!

It now uses Windows API file functions to handle even history files of strange symbol names (A certain broker decided to end is symbols with [..r], which MT4 file functions do not know how to handle.

Note: input strange symbol name needs to be false just as the default.

Files:

I release version 600.9, which now uses M1 chart data, even if we're not on M1 chart or even if we change the base chart during work (intentionally or accidentally).

This can be changed, if desired, using the input TFBaseChart.

Files:

Tom Sasson:

I release version 600.9, which now uses M1 chart data, even if we're not on M1 chart or even if we change the base chart during work (intentionally or accidentally).

will give a try on monday

Sadly I am having problems with v600.9  :(

1. One Click Trading doesn't work (Alt + T)

2. Not showing the Buy/Sell ... SL ... TP lines on the Renko chart even though they are on OHLC charts

3. Strange Symbol Name doesn't appear to be working properly ... My broker adds the suffix SB ... WHY ... Cos I'm spreadbetting :)

Tom Sasson:

Hi Tom,

May i ask you f there is an updated version of this EA? and may i ask you if it is possible to give every candle its own time stamp?

It might just be 1 minute later and the starting date does not matter at all , as long as all new created bars has its own unique time stamp?

Hope to hear from you

Kind regards

Stephen Jenkins:

Sadly I am having problems with v600.9  :(

1. One Click Trading doesn't work (Alt + T)

2. Not showing the Buy/Sell ... SL ... TP lines on the Renko chart even though they are on OHLC charts

3. Strange Symbol Name doesn't appear to be working properly ... My broker adds the suffix SB ... WHY ... Cos I'm spreadbetting :)

Hi, regarding your issues:

1. That is not related to the EA, you need to enable One Click Trading using  Tools --> Options --> "Trade" tab --> mark "One Click Trading"

2. Cannot be, even though this is an offline chart, all Buy/Sell and SL/TP line should be available. Verify you are on the same symbol name and that your chart has the relevant prices in sight.

3. Didn't understand your issue. Your symbol name is not strange. Try using the regular option and you should receive the same chart opens with the same suffix. Probably that is the problem causing issue 2.

DGRL:

Hi Tom,

May i ask you f there is an updated version of this EA? and may i ask you if it is possible to give every candle its own time stamp?

It might just be 1 minute later and the starting date does not matter at all , as long as all new created bars has its own unique time stamp?

Hope to hear from you

Kind regards

There is no updated version because there are no open issues.

Your request contradicts the Renko principle. We cannot lie regarding prices and times.

If you want different timestamps, either increase Renko box size, or work with a regular chart and not Renko.

I must ask, if you explain why you need different timestamps perhaps I will be able to help you find a better solution than what you had in mind.

Tom Sasson:

There is no updated version because there are no open issues.

Your request contradicts the Renko principle. We cannot lie regarding prices and times.

If you want different timestamps, either increase Renko box size, or work with a regular chart and not Renko.

I must ask, if you explain why you need different timestamps perhaps I will be able to help you find a better solution than what you had in mind.

@Tom Sasson

I am using a EA that makes use of the last known Time attribute
And for now renko shows the time when the bar is made.
This can be 5 bars in the same minute and for my EA this is confusing lol
So thats why i asked if it is possible to give every bar its own time stamp 

But thinking of it this is not possible 
It might lead to an timestamp that goes into the future.

@Tom Sasson

Can you please point out to me where I can find some explanation about the settings
Some of them are obvious but some not for me

Thanks in advance

Reason: