Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 49

fxmillionaire:
use renko/rangebar on m1 and it will not repaint.

it will the same, in metatrader it always will

Why is renko changing values if the terminal is restarted?

because mt4 has no tickdata, it takes the 1-min data for the calculation. with small renkobars this will lead to slightly different results than the renko-realtimechart. with big renkobars you wont see any difference. another problem might be, that there is no fixed starting point.

Hi,

i'm wondering if there is a chance of make this indicator working even with range bars in order to visualize higher-sized bars of a range bars chart when plotted on lower size range bar chart. So, the same behavior it has now but with the bars of range bars charts.

I had a look at the code and i guess it needs a complete rewrite for my goal, if it is so, don't look further, mine is just a curiosity of looking how it would work.

thanks

candles_higher_tf.mq4

Files:

thefxpros:
Hi,

i'm wondering if there is a chance of make this indicator working even with range bars in order to visualize higher-sized bars of a range bars chart when plotted on lower size range bar chart. So, the same behavior it has now but with the bars of range bars charts.

I had a look at the code and i guess it needs a complete rewrite for my goal, if it is so, don't look further, mine is just a curiosity of looking how it would work.

thanks

candles_higher_tf.mq4

Did you try that with this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page464

mladen:
Did you try that with this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page464

Thank u, i just tried (it was not new builds ready - char/tchar thing -) but i guess it doesn't work well with range charts.

it is a 2 pip range chart and in the indicator i specified range chart 4 pip. The 4 pip chart was opened.

Files:
cattura_1.jpg  130 kb

thefxpros:
Thank u, i just tried (it was not new builds ready - char/tchar thing -) but i guess it doesn't work well with range charts.

it is a 2 pip range chart and in the indicator i specified range chart 4 pip. The 4 pip chart was opened.

What are the times of individual bars - are there bars with same time?

If yes, it can not be fixed

Hello,

Range bars chart look quite good.

I watch when price swing up/down, range bars swing up/down very fast. It is very hard to catch up good trending range bars pop up.

How can we put entry order to trade range bars trending and swing? Trending range bars look good, but, catching up these bars may be a problem?

Can EA run on M3 offline chart? What is trigger for EA to be executed? (start() ), tick trigger like normal Mt4 chart?

Jack1:
Hello,

Range bars chart look quite good.

I watch when price swing up/down, range bars swing up/down very fast. It is very hard to catch up good trending range bars pop up.

How can we put entry order to trade range bars trending and swing? Trending range bars look good, but, catching up these bars may be a problem?

Can EA run on M3 offline chart? What is trigger for EA to be executed? (start() ), tick trigger like normal Mt4 chart?

Yes, an EA can run on an offline chart (as long as the name of the offline symbols is a regular symbol name).

It must receive a tick and the start() procedure is run (some offline chart generators maybe could cause you problems in this part - if a proper message is not sent to offline chart to simulate a tick - since metatrader s not going to do that on its own)

mladen:
Yes, an EA can run on an offline chart (as long as the name of the offline symbols is a regular symbol name). It must receive a tick and the start() procedure is run (some offline chart generators maybe could cause you problems in this part - if a proper message is not sent to offline chart to simulate a tick - since metatrader s not going to do that on its own)

Thank you, Mladen,

Can a new bar to trigger start() to run EA on M3 offline range bar chart ? Due to range bar, new bar trigger EA to do a run, it is good. In new version of MT4(600 updated), Is there other way to trigger start() like Mt5, tick trigger, new bar trigger, other event trigger ?

Reason: