Some tools do not work with new 2265 build of MT5 - how to fix? - page 6

Hi all,

Here's what happens to me with the new 2265 build a graphics problems.

I have seen that, with long file names of your EA, mine had 16 characters, and using the CCanvas class.

When a "Create" method is used, the ResourceCreate (...),  return with error 4018.

Be careful!

Bye Manuele

----------------------

How to report technical issues? - the forum thread about HowTo

----------------------

Just to remind about the following: all the technical information should be available for the developers to reproduce the possible bug to fix it. Technical information as the following: OS (Windows 10, or Windows 7, or Linux, 32-bit or 64-bit, and so on), log files, MT4 or MT5 and which build, screenshots, codes if available, and so on.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Problem with deal price / profit indication - please HELP!

Sergey Golubev, 2019.11.27 17:52

I am not against any discussion here especially the discussion which will be related to the coding/programming and so on.
I just reminded the general concept. Did you read the replies of the MQ developers on rus part of the forum?

• "We could not reproduce this issue" (means - nothing to be fixed), or
  • "we reproduced this bug and it will be fixed in the next build."

For example (for example only - about what the developers are asking all the time when the user is telling about some possible issue/bug) -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New version of MetaTrader 5 build 2190 platform

Renat Fatkhullin , 2019.11.22 09:24

It’s just that you don’t think about providing complete initial conditions for reproducing your case and for giving an exact answer to your question.

Therefore, there are no answers and a legitimate ignore. The answers, of course, are, and they are reasonable.

----------------

For information.
How to report technical issues?
How to report technical issues?
  • www.mql5.com
To get good and efficient help you need to provide all the relevant technical informations about your context when using the application (MT5 deskt...

Aytugan Khafizov:

Dear Doerk,

Our developer say that you should use NormalizeDouble function before make a comparison.

I checked your code sample of 2098 build - it has same behavior.

Regarding other issues mentioned in ticket - our developers will check it soon.

Thank you for your reports.

Please send me your code samples via chat - I will pass it to developers.

Thank you Aytugan I sent you all information I have avaliable, I hope they find the reason why system is to slow now to start my EA.

Aytugan Khafizov:

Dear Doerk,

Our developer say that you should use NormalizeDouble function before make a comparison.

I checked your code sample of 2098 build - it has same behavior.

Regarding other issues mentioned in ticket - our developers will check it soon.

Thank you for your reports.

Please send me your code samples via chat - I will pass it to developers.

Thank you for your effort. 

Manuele Lissoni:

Hi all,

Here's what happens to me with the new 2265 build a graphics problems.

I have seen that, with long file names of your EA, mine had 16 characters, and using the CCanvas class.

When a "Create" method is used, the ResourceCreate (...),  return with error 4018.

Be careful!

Bye Manuele

When you create resources from files ? 

Lorentzos Roussos:

When you create resources from files ? 

I try to explain myself better.

In my EAs, I use the Graphics Interface Library (EasyAndFastGUI).

This library uses the CCanvas class.

When the Create method is called in the "Canvas.mqh" file, the "name" of the EA is passed add a very long string differentiated for each resource created (m_rcname).

if(width>0 && height>0 && ArrayResize(m_pixels,width*height)>0)

{

//--- generate resource name

m_rcname="::"+name+(string)ChartID()+(string)(GetTickCount()+MathRand());

//--- initialize data with zeros

ArrayInitialize(m_pixels,0);

//--- create dynamic resource

ResetLastError();

if(ResourceCreate(m_rcname,m_pixels,width,height,0,0,0,clrfmt) == true)

{

//--- successfully created

//--- complete initialization

m_width =width;

When this string is too long the "ResourceCreate" exit with error 4018 and the EA goes in abend.

With the previous build there were no length problems.

Ciao

Manuele

Manuele Lissoni:

I try to explain myself better.

In my EAs, I use the Graphics Interface Library (EasyAndFastGUI).

This library uses the CCanvas class.

When the Create method is called in the "Canvas.mqh" file, the "name" of the EA is passed add a very long string differentiated for each resource created (m_rcname).

When this string is too long the "ResourceCreate" exit with error 4018 and the EA goes in abend.

With the previous build there were no length problems.

Ciao

Manuele

Hi Manuele,

I use the same library from Anatoli K. (EasyAndFastGUI) and I am getting the problem with time to start, it is very slow compared with build 2190 and it is also compromising my Operational System!!  But things happen before get OnInit() Event so it is out of our control only MQ can help. I alread sent my code to be analysed. I tested in 2 computers and get same results 30~40 times more time to start the program then 2190 build, this is bad if you consider that we use debug more than 100 times per day. I believe you also noticed this difference.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have about 30 instances of MT5 running on several servers (Windows Server 2016), trading 24/5 on a different account each.

The last MT5 automatic update almost crashed all my accounts, because the dialog box with the "Restart" button blocks the execution of all EAs.

That dialog should not block the execution of the whole program and all the EAs running in it!!!

Automatic updates that automatically and silently stop the execution of the trading software, that is unbelievable and should be fixed!

A simple fix would be, to make that dialog non-modal. Please MT5 developers, this is just a line of code to fix that!

Meanwhile, does anyone have a workaround for this, like disabling the automatic updates somehow?

Thank you very much!

Hi, i'm in trouble with this version too. My EA compile fine but when i play Metaeditor say internal error 1031. I cannot find anywhere what is this problem. My EA works fine in previous version (so i rollback). I cannot share it because is a really big project developed for a company. 

I dig a lot to understand, and what i discovered is that if i reduce the amount of functions it seems to return working.

Can someone help me/explain this? Thanks

ericsebestyen:

Hi Manuele,

I use the same library from Anatoli K. (EasyAndFastGUI) and I am getting the problem with time to start, it is very slow compared with build 2190 and it is also compromising my Operational System!!  But things happen before get OnInit() Event so it is out of our control only MQ can help. I alread sent my code to be analysed. I tested in 2 computers and get same results 30~40 times more time to start the program then 2190 build, this is bad if you consider that we use debug more than 100 times per day. I believe you also noticed this difference.

Thanks in advance

Yes of course,

generally my EAs take 10s since they are runned when they get to OnInit().

But the issue remains and it is important when the "EasyAndFastGUI" is used, make sure that the file name length of the EA, does not exceed  14 characters, extension excluded.

Otherwise there could be problems with the allocation of resources in CCanvas class.

Bye

Manuele

Reason: