Some tools do not work with new 2265 build of MT5 - how to fix? - page 9

ericsebestyen:
Try build 2269 this is beta but they solved many issues

hi guys

just tried the last beta version too, build 2271

unfortunately the problem still remain...

guys, it's no more possible ANY optimization with last build, both official and beta!

it's a HUGE PROBLEM

no other guys here present that do optimization with mt5???

please help!!!

siolibros:

hi guys

just tried the last beta version too, build 2271

unfortunately the problem still remain...

guys, it's no more possible ANY optimization with last build, both official and beta!

it's a HUGE PROBLEM

no other guys here present that do optimization with mt5???

please help!!!

1. in your linked youtube video (post #78) you show an example with freezing of the optimization process if you continue an optimization with the new version that has been started with the previous build. Maybe there is an incompatibility between the two builds? What I mean: have you tried a new optimization from scratch with the new build (e.g. enforcing a new test by selecting slightly different input settings)?

2. You say 32 cores; this involves hyperthreading, right? Do you  also have sufficient RAM to run so many agents in parallel? I'm having this www.mql5.com/en/forum/327337#comment_14041682 discussion in mind and am wondering if it makes a difference if you don't use all the (logical) cores (which wouldn't answer why build 2190 could handle the job better, but maybe at least worth trying).

Hi at All,

I have another problem with the new version 2280.

In my EAs I use  the lib EasyAndFastGUI and from the version 2265 all EAs crash on Start. The problem is into Canvas.mqh, in length of name in 

bool CCanvas::Create(const string name, ....

If I delete the new part added ("(string)CharId + ") from name, all return OK

Chris70:

this is interesting; this little test code that has the same string declaration as in CCanvas::Create can't reproduce the error (=compilation + execution without errors with build 2280 beta):

could you nail down which code line in Canvas.mqh exactly causes the crash?

My problem was with EA that use GUI (created with lib EasyAndFastGUI.)

In Previous version no problem  in compilation and no problem in execution.

From the version 2265, no error in compilation, but crash in onInit during the execution (when it create the gui).

Precisely, runtime crash is due to createButton inside the Combobox that invokes CButton::CreateCanvas -->CElement::CreateCanvas --> CCanvas::CreateBitmapLabel -->CCanvas::create

In Canvas.mqh, on row 254, the addition of that new part in the name (+(string)ChartID()) makes the name too long (before it didn't happen)

Obviously the problem can be solved by shortening the first part that forms the name of the canva (which should be the name of the EA).  

Angelo Ferraro :

My problem was with EA that use GUI (created with lib  EasyAndFastGUI.)

In Previous version no problem  in compilation and no problem in execution.

From the version 2265, no error in compilation, but crash in onInit during the execution (when it create the gui).

Precisely, runtime crash is due to createButton inside the Combobox that invokes CButton::CreateCanvas -->CElement::CreateCanvas --> CCanvas::CreateBitmapLabel -->CCanvas::create

In Canvas.mqh, on row 254 , the addition of that new part in the name ( +( string ) ChartID())  makes the name too long (before it didn't happen)

Obviously the problem can be solved by shortening the first part that forms the name of the canva (which should be the name of the EA).  

The name of the library does not tell anyone. But I took out and trotted a crystal ball: there is the last article ( https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/3527 ).

The test example \ MQL5 \ Experts \ Article11 \ TestLibrary16 \ 16_04 \ 04.mq5 works without errors.

If you have questions about the article - post your questions in the discussion of the article.

Графические интерфейсы XI: Интеграция графической стандартной библиотеки (build 16)
Графические интерфейсы XI: Интеграция графической стандартной библиотеки (build 16)
  • www.mql5.com
Более подробно о том, для чего предназначена эта библиотека, можно прочитать в самой первой статье: Графические интерфейсы I: Подготовка структуры библиотеки (Глава 1). В конце статей каждой части представлен список глав со ссылками, там же есть возможность загрузить к себе на компьютер полную версию библиотеки на текущей стадии разработки...

Vladimir Karputov:

The name of the library does not tell anyone. But I took out and trotted a crystal ball: there is the last article ( https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/3527 ).

The test example \ MQL5 \ Experts \ Article11 \ TestLibrary16 \ 16_04 \ 04.mq5 works without errors.

If you have questions about the article - post your questions in the discussion of the article.

Ok, correct, I move into the other discussion. Beyond the library I thought it was correct to report a runtime pb created by the length of the canvas name (which actually grew).

Vladimir Karputov:

Can you try to rename that file in 

04 ProvaCanvasName.mq5

Then recompile and re-execute. You should have a runtime error

Bye

Angelo Ferraro:

Can you try to rename that file in 

04 ProvaCanvasName.mq5

Then recompile and re-execute. You should have a runtime error

Bye

I already said above: there are no problems.  Prove that you downloaded the archive from the article (I gave the link above).  Prove that there is a mistake.

Vladimir Karputov:

I already said above: there are no problems.  Prove that you downloaded the archive from the article (I gave the link above).  Prove that there is a mistake.

I redid the download and repeated everything (renaming the file 04.mq5 with a longer name "04 ProvaCanvasName.mq5").

It happens exactly as I say, runtime error. The problem is the length of the name of the canvas created (where the first part is given by the name of the EA, which is now longer). It's not the library.

Maybe it only happens to me (but I do not think just because there are threads that discuss the same issue)

With the short name, all is ok.

With the ea renamed:

2019.12.14 16:29:37.364 Experts expert 04 ProvaCanvasName (EURUSD,H1) loaded successfully

2019.12.14 16:29:39.114 Experts initializing of 04 ProvaCanvasName (EURUSD,H1) failed with code 1

2019.12.14 16:29:39.176 Experts expert 04 ProvaCanvasName (EURUSD,H1) removed

Vladimir Karputov:

Of course there is a problem. 

Reason: