VPS issue

Hi, I use VPS and each time I re-synchronize all it keeps opening new trades. I use it long time and never had this issue, it never opened new trades right after synch... Just last 2 days this is happening. Does anyone knows about it?   

Thanks!

Hi, 

I may have a similar issue with the VPS. Basically it only works when I run Metatrader 5 on my laptop. If not, it simply refuses to open and close trades. I'm using the VPS for two weeks only. It used to work, but the last two days not anymore. I first thought it's my broker but can be the VPS also. 

Ah, it turns out I don't have a VPS. Strange I was pretty sure I bought a subscription for a month. However, it doesn't show up in the navigator window, nor in my payment history. Well anyway, that explains it for me.

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

There is one rule about how everything works here related to the possible bug:

• if the possible bug can not be reproduced (by the service desk or by the forum members) = bug does not exist = not a discussion at all;
  • and it is the responsibility of the users to provide all necessary technical information for the possible bug to be reproduced.

Hi,

There is no any error messages on VPS Journal. It synchronizes all and starts opening orders, but later if I do any changes like adding second EA with new charts, then synchronizing again, it keeps opening new trades on existed (old) EA and refuses to close previously opened trades. I am using VPS for more than 6 month, never had this kind of problem, it started recently. I used to add or remove new charts or EA's but it was never effected my existed old EA's trades as I didn't touch or changed anything on those (old) charts. 

I have second account with the same VPS at different broker it works perfectly fine. 

elnur911:

Hi,

There is no any error messages on VPS Journal. It synchronizes all and starts opening orders, but later if I do any changes like adding second EA with new charts, then synchronizing again, it keeps opening new trades on existed (old) EA and refuses to close previously opened trades. I am using VPS for more than 6 month, never had this kind of problem, it started recently. I used to add or remove new charts or EA's but it was never effected my existed old EA's trades as I didn't touch or changed anything on those (old) charts. 

I understand the situation but the service desk is dealing with the proven situation only.
It means: they will need all the technical details.
But in your case - no any details: MT4 or MT5, which EA (they do not have your EA), which MT4/MT5 builds, logs in terminal and two VPS logs, describe the situation, and more. So, they will not be able to reproduce this possible bug (especially as there is the "standard reply" such as the following: "check your EA for possible errors with new build of MT4/MT5".

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS issue

Sergey Golubev, 2020.12.09 09:10

There is one rule about how everything works here related to the possible bug:

• if the possible bug can not be reproduced (by the service desk or by the forum members) = bug does not exist = not a discussion at all;
  • and it is the responsibility of the users to provide all necessary technical information for the possible bug to be reproduced.

Reason: