Some tools do not work with new 2265 build of MT5 - how to fix? - page 2

Doerk Hilger:
Do you mean this for real? There will be a massive mailout to >100.000 clients next monday anyway by many brokers when this update is not stopped, that clients should not install the update under no circumstances. Imho its a better idea to stop the update and not to ignore the complains from several developers which one can see already.  

It is compatible, and it all worked without any problems until this build, with several brokers, CFDs, forex and futures, MT4 and MT5.

Doerk Hilger:

After try to start EA and after closing the window. 

The author/coder of this EA should fixed it to be compativbale with new 2265 build of MT5.

Doerk Hilger:
Do you mean this for real? There will be a massive mailout to >100.000 clients next mondayanyway by many brokers when this update is not stopped, that clients should not install the update under no circumstances. Imho its a better idea to stop the update and not to ignore the complains from several developers which one can see already.  
Millions peopleare using Metatrader. And this Metatrader 5 was updated (and it was very important update).
So, the author of this commercial EA should fixed his EA ... or should forget about his EA ...
Because as I understand - his EA does not work with this new 2265 build.

Sergey Golubev:
The author/coder of this EA should fixed it to be compativbale with new 2265 build of MT5.

You have no idea about what we are talking here, sorry. There are many brokers involved, all of them are informed already because they will run into a meltdown next monday with their support teams. All the users will write mails, call the support and so on. This is definitely not the way how professional business should be. Absolutely ANY provider on this planet is ASKING the user upfront if he/she wants to update, but not so MetaTrader. They say: Here is the update, we install it. If your have problems - oops - ask you coder. 

"... or should forget about his EA ..."

Thank you, never been reading anything more arrogant than this. We are done here. 

Doerk Hilger:

You have no idea about what we are talking here, sorry. There are many brokers involved, all of them are informed already because they will run into a meltdown next monday with their support teams. All the users will write mails, call the support and so on. This is definitely not the way how professional business should be. Absolutely ANY provider on this planet is ASKING the user upfront if he/she wants to update, but not so MetaTrader. They say: Here is the update, we install it. If your have problems - oops - ask you coder. 

There are 3 ways to deal with this situation:

• MQ consider that this tool is more important that the Metatrader itself, and MQ will fixed MT5 according to the desire of the author of this this commercial tool;
  • the coder/author will fix his tool;
  • the coder/author will forget about his tool (which means that he is not professional coder).

-----------------

I will move all our discussion here to new thread.

For other developers:

The debugger is not even working with my code and this new build. It takes more than 15 seconds until the window comes up, which I have to confirm (before it were 1-2 seconds), and afterwards nothing happens. Pressing the pause button in the debugger just stops everything, while the chart window stays opened. 

I think there is not much space to discuss if this a huge bug in MT5 or not. It is.

After a restart of MT5 and the Editor and a further try, I could press Pause but it simply not reacted at all. Only way to get out is the Stop button. 

Sergey Golubev:

There are 3 ways to deal with this situation:

• MQ consider that this tool is more important that the Metatrader itself, and MQ will fixed MT5 according to the desire of the author of this this commercial tool;
  • the coder/author will fix his tool;
  • the coder/author will forget about his tool (which means that he is not professional coder).

-----------------

I will move all our discussion here to new thread.

This comment makes no sense. So let's say you start your computer and notice your Windows automatically updated to new version and all documents you have are not able to open in this new version of Windows, you you need rewrite all documents in new Windows applications to it be compatible with new Windows. It's is exact what you are saying. Please think before write this.

Doerk Hilger:

For other developers:

The debugger is not even working with my code and this new build. It takes more than 15 seconds until the window comes up, which I have to confirm (before it were 1-2 seconds), and afterwards nothing happens. Pressing the pause button in the debugger just stops everything, while the chart window stays opened. 

I think there is not much space to discuss if this a huge bug in MT5 or not. It is.

After a restart of MT5 and the Editor and a further try, I could press Pause but it simply not reacted at all. Only way to get out is the Stop button. 

Hello , Can you give us some broad strokes of what the EA does so we can attempt to replicate this error ?
Do the EA's work on Metaquotes MT5 demo ?

This MT5 build does also not start the EA in an older version which was created with a build from before July 2019. Same thing, it just hangs. 
Reason: