Presets

Would anyone know why presets on my EA are not loading. When attaching to chart they show up in the window when I load them, but when I press OK the default sets only show up? I wondered if I have set something wrong on MT4 or in the VPS hosting

Preset - means: set files?

There is general information about (hope it will help) - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to start with MetaTrader and forex, the beginning

Sergey Golubev, 2012.11.25 13:37

What is pre-set or set file

What is pre-set or set file.

Set files (or pre-set files) are the settings of the EAs.

- To use in trading : during attaching EA to the chart - place set file (pre-set file) to the following folder: [...MQL4\presets] for MT4 or [...MQL5\presets] for MT5, and press 'Load'.

We can also create those files pressing 'Save':

- To use in backtesting or optimizing the settings place the file to the following folder: [...MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\tester] for MT4 or [...MQL5\profiles\tester] for MT5 - and, during attaching EA to the chart - press 'Load'.

We can also create those files pressing 'Save':

Set files are just a settings of the EA. Nothing more. Just a settings. It saves our time because we do not need to type/change the settings in the EA manually. All we need is just to use set files.

If someone is asking you:

"what is the settings in your EA?"

so you will probable will post the set file as a reply (you will create the file with your settings and will attach to your post to the forum).

If someone is asking you:

"what is the settings in your indicators on the chart?"

so you will probable will give template file as a reply.

--------------

Sergey Golubev:

Preset - means: set files?

There is general information about (hope it will help) - 

Hi Sergey

I go through this. To the letter yet when I press OK. The default settings always appear

gedsalter:

Hi Sergey

I go through this. To the letter yet when I press OK. The default settings always appear

Pre-set file is just the settings of the EA ... nothing more ... you can open it to see ... may be - your pre-set is with default settings?
you can make pre-set once again, and load it ...

I never had this issue in Windows.
I remember (it was many years ago) - I could not use pre-set file with Metatrader on Linux (and I could not change the settings of the EAs) ... so I had to change the settings of the EA in MetaEditor instead of using pre-set file (just because of Linux) ... means: I opened MetaEditor to find EA, and change settings in MetaEditor in EA's source code, and compile once again. And default settings became my pre-set's settings in this case. It was on Linux ...

Reason: