Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 100

Still no upgrade for me (my broker seems to be more cautious)

3 of mine have updated to 600

the other 3 not yet

strangely the old P4L seems to be working still in 600 (i think) although not sure for how long

but is great news as won't have to mess about all day setting up offline charts

also good news on the MTF, i'm sure a relief to many

hopefully now we can get back to trading

WR1:
3 of mine have updated to 600

the other 3 not yet

strangely the old P4L seems to be working still in 600 (i think) although not sure for how long

but is great news as won't have to mess about all day setting up offline charts

also good news on the MTF, i'm sure a relief to many

hopefully now we can get back to trading

WR1

Old P4L will work until you try to recompile it. The minute you do that (recompile it) it will stop working - so do not try to recompile it, or else ... .

Also, keep in mind that they told that a support for build 509 will be canceled somewhere in the summer

Dear Mr. Mladen,

I just observed that my broker has upgraded to build 600 and the attached indicator disappears on the new platform and could not be seen even after deleting some indicators.

Please, is there anything that can be done to make it work and also with mtf format as it is presently.

I like the indicator's signals on Mtf.

Thank you for all the helps.

okoli:
Dear Mr. Mladen,

I just observed that my broker has upgraded to build 600 and the attached indicator disappears on the new platform and could not be seen even after deleting some indicators.

Please, is there anything that can be done to make it work and also with mtf format as it is presently.

I like the indicator's signals on Mtf.

Thank you for all the helps.

okoli

Use this one

Files:

mladen:
okoli Use this one

Thank you so much Mr. Mladen for that speedy response.

I downloaded the new indicator and yet I could not see it to attach on my platform.

My Broker is Fxpro. Please, if it works with your broker's platform, help me to know so I can try it with another broker.

I am sorry to disturb you further.

Thank you.

Okoli

okoli:

I downloaded the new indicator and yet I could not see it to attach on my platform.

My Broker is Fxpro. Please, if it works with your broker's platform, help me to know so I can try it with another broker.

Save the indicator in the MQL4/Indicator folder.

okoli:

I am sorry to disturb you further.

Thank you.

Okoli

Okoli

I did not do anything special at all. I just copied it to mql4\indicators folder and it was there.

PS: if you are using windows 7 or windows 8, your indicators are not saved at your metatrader\mql4\indicators folder. It is somewhere at Documents and Settings\user name\Application data\... (that is the "new" way how this metatrader 4 saves code). To avoid that add "/portable" to the shortcut and metatrader 4 will works as before. Here is how the "/portable" switch should be set on the shortcut :

Files:
portable.gif  15 kb

mladen:
WR1

Old P4L will work until you try to recompile it. The minute you do that (recompile it) it will stop working - so do not try to recompile it, or else ... .

Also, keep in mind that they told that a support for build 509 will be canceled somewhere in the summer

Hi Mladen

574 just stopped the old P4L working, and don't think i recomplied

(although, may of done)

last wk was a long time ago and my memory is not so good anymore

does support being canceled for 509 mean the old indis will also stop working

we don't have to go this charade every 6 months do we?

WR1:
Hi Mladen

574 just stopped the old P4L working, and don't think i recomplied

(although, may of done)

last wk was a long time ago and my memory is not so good anymore

does support being canceled for 509 mean the old indis will also stop working

we don't have to go this charade every 6 months do we?

WR1

Right now existing ex4 files are working in some compatibility mode when metatrader detects that they are compiled with build 509 or earlier. It is logical to assume (they did not give more details) that the "compatibility mode" will be canceled too once when build 509 support gets canceled

Reason: