Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 107

Build 604 : some errors that are there for quite some time are still there. For example : enumerated options are still displayed in inverted order in the drop-down box

Files:
enumeration.gif  12 kb

FXCM havn't supplied update to Build 604(?) according to them(Jason Rodgers) they have no control over the update. It'd be nice to have the weekend to check stuff befor the markets open.

Apparently you can log in to metatrader's demo and receive the update and then log back in to your main account but given there have been four updates in as many days I think I'll wait for a later build now. Backed up my mql and ex4 in anticipation of a forced update.

Marco320:
Hello all,

Maybe for some of you this post I received can help you regarding the 600 build of MT4. For now it helps me in some cases.

Regards, Marco

-----------------------------------------------------------

How to Load Up Indicators and EAs into the new MT4 Build 600

Jeff Glenellis

Forex Renko Charts

With the recent upgrade to build 600, MetaQuotes has once again wreaked havoc on the trading

community by making major changes to the way we normally use and set up the MT4 platform.

However, ....

If you follow these simple steps, your indicators and EAs should appear and load normally in your MT4

platform.

Thanks, this would be nice if they actually appeared normally in the platform, some of them don't and won't save to template?

cja:
Post #1093 in this thread should give you all the information you need.

Cja, Thanks for helping me find that post. I remembered reading that post but this old brain of mine wouldn't remember where or the exact details. It looks like what used to be a single step to download to the indicator file is now a multi-step process of downloading to a file then copying it to another file using the steps previously given. It looks like their philosophy is: Why do things the fast easy way when you can do them the slow hard way? Hardly an "upgrade".

gcgman:
Can someone please explain ... Also, in my demo account most of the custom indicators have a yellow icon at the left side but, a few (some that are in my template) are gray....what does this mean?

Does anyone know the detail on this?

remikes:
Does anyone know the detail on this?

remikes

In the new metatrader 4 icons are gray in two cases : when the source code is missing (there is only ex4 file) or when there is a source code but it can not be compiled (there are compile time errors in it)

mladen:
remikes In the new metatrader 4 icons are gray in two cases : when the source code is missing (there is only ex4 file) or when there is a source code but it can not be compiled (there are compile time errors in it)

Thanks mladen, we tried modifying one not grayed out and it would not compile or save to template, the greyed out indicators have the source code and were ok in previous build,

... what is the compile time error and is there anything we can do to fix it?

remikes:
Thanks mladen, we tried modifying one not grayed out and it would not compile or save to template, the greyed out indicators have the source code and were ok in previous build, ... what is the compile time error and is there anything we can do to fix it?

It can happen due to incompatibility of previous mql language with the mql that is valid in this new metatrader 4. You have to pay attention to the list of errors written out when you compile such files and then correct those one by one (there are more such incompatibilities so I can not give more general advice - all those "errors" have different solutions)

mladen:
It can happen due to incompatibility of previous mql language with the mql that is valid in this new metatrader 4. You have to pay attention to the list of errors written out when you compile such files and then correct those one by one (there are more such incompatibilities so I can not give more general advice - all those "errors" have different solutions)

Thanks again, would not compile at all, no list of errors given (as we are used to when previously compiling) and metaeditor stopped responding?

remikes:
Thanks again, would not compile at all, no list of errors given (as we are used to when previously compiling) and metaeditor stopped responding?

Can you post the source?

Reason: