Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 99

techmac:
Build 600?

Yep. That is the latest version

Files:
build_600.gif  64 kb

mladen:
Build 600: Imagine : they reverted the nonsense that was preventing single file multi time frame indicators to work properly. Now we can have normal nice multi time framing. Halelujah

Yaoooooooo

single file multi time frame indicators

I just fired up my permanent Demo account and it asked to be updated to build 600 so I contacted my broker and they informed me it was a world wide update by MetaQuotes and that my live platform would also ask for the update to build 600 the next time I started it. I was assured that the platform was totally stable and good for live trading however once I pushed the point some more they really did not know! I suspect a lot of these brokers are not even testing it they are simply doing what MetaQuotes tells them to do and I thought my broker was one of the better ones, its bad enough to update the demo but the live account at this point surely this build 600 is still basically Beta? I suspect the brokers are going to be swamped with unhappy clients.

For most of the night both my live broker and my demo broker have been running version 509. However, just few minutes ago when I try to run software from either one the computer tells me Client Terminal from Metaquotes Software wants to change my hard drive. So far have responded with a "no" and versions 509 still run with both brokers but, it appears that both brokers are ready to make the change now leaving one to wonder why such a fast push for change? Have the brokers verified the quality of this latest version? Based on a few bad versions in the past I would bet they are clueless. As I hear from more of you I will eventually allow my computers to make the change. In the mean time I will probably let my demo account change and test my favorite indicators on that before letting my live account change.

Hey guys,

All my broks (those using mt4) have updated to build 600 : Roboforex, Go Markets, Oanda.

The upgrade is good and i can work, that's already a good news

And you ? Tell us about your brok ?

My main broker is Oanda and my secondary is Hotforex.

Both are still on 509 (just restarted them).

I let my computer do the upgrade for my demo account (FXDD) to build 600 and most things appear to be OK except that mladen's DailyData indicator is located so far to the right that only the currency type is visible along with the first few letters of each line but, all the data is off the screen. The problem only occurs if I tell it to load a template. For those templates that are loading with the program that is not a problem. Thus if I load a template and DailyData looks bad, if I exit the program and immediately come back the problem is fixed.

gcgman:
For most of the night both my live broker and my demo broker have been running version 509. However, just few minutes ago when I try to run software from either one the computer tells me Client Terminal from Metaquotes Software wants to change my hard drive. So far have responded with a "no" and versions 509 still run with both brokers but, it appears that both brokers are ready to make the change...

Same here... I wonder for how long it lets me get away with pressing "no"...

gcgman:
I let my computer do the upgrade for my demo account (FXDD) to build 600 and most things appear to be OK except that mladen's DailyData indicator is located so far to the right that only the currency type is visible along with the first few letters of each line but, all the data is off the screen. The problem only occurs if I tell it to load a template. For those templates that are loading with the program that is not a problem. Thus if I load a template and DailyData looks bad, if I exit the program and immediately come back the problem is fixed.

gcgman

That is a problem with templates and labels that this new metatrader 4 has

Remove the daily data from the chart, attach it again, save the template (using the same name) and , more or less the problems should be solved

mladen:
Alex

If you have the source for the dll all you need to change is the time part type in the dll source. Old version was going like this :

#pragma pack(push,1)

struct RateInfo

{

unsigned int time;

double open;

double low;

double high;

double close;

double vol;

};

#pragma pack(pop)

[/PHP]

now simply change it to this :

#pragma pack(push,1)

struct RateInfo

{

double time;

double open;

double low;

double high;

double close;

double vol;

};

#pragma pack(pop)

PS: this way you are ignoring the value of time variable, but all the rest works OK

PPS: posted one example here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page7

The correct new RateInfo structure is the following (that way the time part can be used too). It allows to use old ArrayCopyRates() and then nothing in the mql source needs to be changed - the only change is the change of the type time part of the RateInfo structure - no other code change needed from the dll side either

[PHP]#pragma pack(push,1)

struct RateInfo

{

INT64 time;

double open;

double low;

double high;

double close;

double vol;

};

#pragma pack(pop)

Reason: