Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 47

metaquotes will have to work better. Obviously there are alternatives to metatrader and if metaquotes does not do the things right, they will lose big

techmac:
metaquotes will have to work better. Obviously there are alternatives to metatrader and if metaquotes does not do the things right, they will lose big

That would be perfect : imagine 3 companies competing to make a best trading platform affordable to all. Users could only benefit from that

mladen:
That would be perfect : imagine 3 companies competing to make a best trading platform affordable to all. Users could only benefit from that

Yes, it is true, but I do not think that metaquotes will change anything. This beta is showing what is their opinion on information feedback

Build 549 : no changes at all

The worse state that came with build 548 is still on (indicators using string parameter can not work at all - irst time frame or symbol change will kill such an indicator). No comment on this kind of "new" build "upgrading" at all ...

Here is one example : upper is the indicator with parameters set. Lower is what happens after simple time frame change. As it is obvious all the string parameter type values are LOST. This is anything but serious, and is quite disappointing that a serious company building trading platforms is not noticing things like these for a long time already. Starting to think that it is not worth the time to test anything related to the new metatrader 4

Files:

WR1:
Hi, it certainly would be great if there was to be a platform such MladenTrader4 or MrToolsTrader4

maybe they could collaborate together or with other like minded coders who would very likely give traders what they need, and not what the powers that be have decided we can just about manage with, i would n't want to overstep the mark or with ideas, and is just wishful thinking

but it seems alittle odd that with so much software development in other fields of life and industry that MT4.something and even MT5 to a degree is in real terms going backwards,

surely this can not be just a coincidence, and especially now we see Protrader3 trying to push things forward

one must assume the Metaquotes board have been slow to realise the potential of Protrader3 or just did n't see it coming

and now really need to step up, and soon, as brokers won't allow a buggy hardly functioning platform for long

and traders need the best tools out there, so also won't put up with this charade for long

not sure if you saw the post for the brokers on the other thread, but there are a few,

some look ok, and are quite possibly true ECN? although never can be too sure,

and one or two look a little dubious, so no change there from MT4/MT5

from what i gather Mr Tools has briefly tested Protrader3, and so far it might look quite good and a viable alternative,

it will be interesting to see further testing by Mr Tools and Mladen and a few more of the experienced coders

but maybe things are n't so bad afterall (well ,unless you work for Metaquotes)

PT3 Brokers

Thank you for your post with the link to Protrader 3 brokers' list in it. I visited all the six companies' sites from the list.

I hope the list will be much longer shortly and there will be a competition amongst PT3 brokers.

Roman_Nalivayko:
At least everyone who interested in PT3 can send message to his broker in order to speed up this process )

Roman

Just out of curriosity - are you this Roman : PT3 брокеры ?

Roman_Nalivayko:
Yes it's me.

As far as I see you guys are doing some good work there. Keep it up

Still not "bug talk" in the English section of metaquotes site. Losing hope that we will get a permision to talk about the bugs by new year there

techmac:
Still not "bug talk" in the English section of metaquotes site. Losing hope that we will get a permision to talk about the bugs by new year there
Reason: