Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 95

Well, we have been told that all the ex4 files will continue to work as before

Happy to inform that it is not so : multi time frame (the ones compiled with build 509) are not working, stuff working with history files are not working, ... did not want to test more. In short, we shall see what is going to work and what is not, but the statement that "all existing ex4 files will continue to work" is not true

Will Solar Wind work?...because I base my analysis mainly on it...and Solar Wind MTF...

Pava:
Will Solar Wind work?...because I base my analysis mainly on it...and Solar Wind MTF...

Don't worry

There is already a solar wind for metatrader 5 too (exactly the same thing - you can find it in mql code base too) so that will be the first thing that will be converted to new metatrader 4, for sure :):)

And all that will work properly in betatrader 6.5

Build 584 :

All the previous mentioned problems still exist. Also, this version recompiles the code it finds in the code folders. The chances are that your existing code (that works correctly in build 509) are going to be recompiled and (if that happens) existing ex4 files will not be usable any more (this has to be checked - I did not know that this is going on so did not place some existing code that works OK in metatrader 4 build 509 and does not work OK in new builds, so in this I am not 100% sure)

Anyway, do copy all that you have to safe place

mladen:
Build 584 :

All the previous mentioned problems still exist. Also, this version recompiles the code it finds in the code folders. The chances are that your existing code (that works correctly in build 509) are going to be recompiled and (if that happens) existing ex4 files will not be usable any more (this has to be checked - I did not know that this is going on so did not place some existing code that works OK in metatrader 4 build 509 and does not work OK in new builds, so in this I am not 100% sure)

Anyway, do copy all that you have to safe place

If the decide to recompile all automatically that will be it - a total and complete disaster. I really hope that nobody would do something that stupid with so big problems when existing code is compiled with the new compiler

MQ's announcement is that 574 will be released on 2/3. I am still on 574 so I wonder if later versions through 584 are selectively released for testing but are not for Monday's release. Seems too stupid to be making new releases just hours before the "official" one, but then...........

mladen:
Build 584 : Anyway, do copy all that you have to safe place

Do we need to just save the compiled ex4 files to a safe place or the mql4 source files also?

High regards,

gcg

gcgman:
Do we need to just save the compiled ex4 files to a safe place or the mql4 source files also?

High regards,

gcg

gcg

The best is to save everything : the ex4 files and the sources.

Tzuman:
MQ's announcement is that 574 will be released on 2/3. I am still on 574 so I wonder if later versions through 584 are selectively released for testing but are not for Monday's release. Seems too stupid to be making new releases just hours before the "official" one, but then...........

I don't know what are their plans, but the updated once more yesterday

Files:
last_update.gif  51 kb
Reason: