Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 105

Pava:
if it is THE HOLY GRAIL indicator...pay $70 for rewriting it...

sorry dear i dont have it... yet

you don't have $70 yet?...

( )

dasssi:
sorry dear i dont have it... yet

mladen:
Build 603 : new build, same errors

I think you should write in the forum.mql4 forum because they do not know that errors are detected you.

When you have written about the mistakes I you find, will soon found solution.

You are a respected authority in the world of coding.

Antonsan:
I think you should write in the forum.mql4 forum because they do not know that errors are detected you.

When you have written about the mistakes I you find, will soon found solution.

You are a respected authority in the world of coding.

Antonsan

That thread (where posts regarding that are posted) is flooded with people that seem to be gathering points instead of trying to solve problems. See some of my posts that were treated as false until the developers admitted that the problem exists.

Sending a message to a service desk is, in my opinion, meaningless.

1. it hides a problem from coder and then coders are losing time checking their own code for errors

2. it hides a problem from all, and then all think that everything is OK

3. if metaquotes wants to hide bugs from users, than the easiest way would be that they make a buggles product. Hiding bugs is a very bad practice that can cause sever loses for users and that is why I am not willing to send reports to the service desk and since the posts at public forum are mostly ignored by developers of metatrader, there is no point of posting there either

PS: the simplest comparison is probably the following : when you see an accident on the road you call the medics, call the police and then warn everybody that you see that there is a danger on the road (to avoid further accidents). If I would just call the medics almost sure that someone else would be hurt simply because he/she was not warned that there is a problem on the road ahead

All metaquotes succeeded to do is to stop the new development - again. It is the same as metatrader 5 development now. There is almost no new stuff for metatrader 4 since this whole circus started. This site is probably the only site that has new stuff for metatrader 4. All the rest are just reposting same things over and over simply because nobody is developing new stuff any mre

Hello all,

Maybe for some of you this post I received can help you regarding the 600 build of MT4. For now it helps me in some cases.

Regards, Marco

-----------------------------------------------------------

How to Load Up Indicators and EAs into the new MT4 Build 600

Jeff Glenellis

Forex Renko Charts

With the recent upgrade to build 600, MetaQuotes has once again wreaked havoc on the trading

community by making major changes to the way we normally use and set up the MT4 platform.

However, relearning how to load indicators and EAs so they once again appear in the platform and are

available for use is fairly simple, once you know what to look for.

MetaQuotes claims that EAs and indicators that worked on build 500 will work on Build 600. I use

several different custom indicators and a couple of EAs I had built for my own use, and they all seem to

work fine on Build 600, so it seems that this upgrade merely changes how you load these items into the

platform in the first place.

I posted a video online at YouTube which will walk you through this simple process. You can find the

video at MT4 Build 600 Fix For Missing Indicators and Experts - YouTube

Start by opening your platform and clicking on the File tab in the upper left hand corner. A dropdown

box will appear, and you need to find the link for “Open Data Folder”.

Click on “Open Data Folder”.

A Folder will open showing you the Folder View of your platform.

Locate a folder labeled “MQL4”. Open this folder.

Now you will see the File View you are used to seeing, which includes folders for Experts, Indicators,

Libraries, Scripts, etc.

Now simply open the correct folder and copy and paste your files into that folder. Example: Open the

Experts folder and copy & paste your EAs into that folder. Open the Indicators and copy & paste your

Indicators into that folder.

The Templates folder is still on the main file tree, the same as the MQL4 folder (the Template folder is

located below the MQL4 folder). All of your custom templates go into this Template folder.

If you follow these simple steps, your indicators and EAs should appear and load normally in your MT4

platform.

Hi is it true that enum_timeframes other than standard timeframes can only be used in offline charts... or can they be used just like normal timeframes period_h12 period_8 etc can be used like period_h4 etc

privateer:
Hi is it true that enum_timeframes other than standard timeframes can only be used in offline charts... or can they be used just like normal timeframes period_h12 period_8 etc can be used like period_h4 etc

privateer

They can be used only for custom offline harts

mladen:
privateer They can be used only for custom offline harts

Thanks mladen .....would have been better if MQ people had added more timeframes like in MT5

privateer:
Thanks mladen .....would have been better if MQ people had added more timeframes like in MT5

and then might of the been the same as most other (mildy) advanced platforms

some you can adjust the TF in real time in minutes ie you could have any old random no.

ie 136m and simply change in the menu to 137m or 138m etc etc to fine tune a strategy and can see the difference in real time

but seems far to advanced for the humble MT4

when are MQs actually going to give users new features they actually need

2020? 2030?

PS - does anyone know how to turn off the cursor notification - everytime we go nr anything on the chart the price and info box appears,

most and even the very basic of platforms this can be turned on and off

so annoying

could it not be hacked into

anyhow thank **** its friday!

hope everyone has a good weekend

Reason: