Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 104

mladen:
Incredible : this bloody thing is not resetting arrays as it should (when the array is a fixed size array, it is not reset when indicator is reinitialized - did not check with EAs but I suppose that the case is the same with EAs too). Again we are having a 2 steps back when one step forward was made

True that I am very very frustrated

For two years now I'm trying to understand this world called Forex

Until two weeks ago i mostly lost money and a lot. I think that all in all including studies with different Goru s Buying expert, who did nit helped me and helped a lot I guess those who sold them, I lost about $ 10,000 for those two years. I'm not complaining all the decisions were mine but suddenly now also i have to deal with the code... I have no idea how I get out of it ... maybe its a sighn to leave...

Nixon daid : "The bastards changed the rules and did not tell me " i feel just like this

mladen i have an Ea with 17 warnings

"not all control paths return a value"

"function must return a value"

dasssi:
mladen i have an Ea with 17 warnings

"not all control paths return a value"

"function must return a value"

I most of the cases that should not be a problem. Sometimes coders write simple return instead of return(0) for example (which is usually required from init(), deinit(), start()). But if the code where such return is found is a function (that always should return some value) then it can cause some incorrect behavior in some cases

I found a solution on another forum ...

I'd never get to him alone ... I work with win7

"How to setup an EA on your MT4 trading platform (From Build 600 and up).

The EA .ex4 file(s) need to be uploaded to Users/AppData/Roaming/MetaQuotes/Terminal/terminalnumber/MQL4/Experts. If you cannot see the AppData folder, it might be hidden. Click on your user folder -> View -> check box Hidden items.

If you need to install any indicators, copy them to Users/AppData/Roaming/MetaQuotes/Terminal/terminalnumber/MQL4/Indicators, dll files go to MQL4/Libraries.

Set files go to MQL4/Presets"

it works for me with some of the Ea

dasssi:
I found a solution on another forum ...

I'd never get to him alone ... I work with win7

"How to setup an EA on your MT4 trading platform (From Build 600 and up).

The EA .ex4 file(s) need to be uploaded to Users/AppData/Roaming/MetaQuotes/Terminal/terminalnumber/MQL4/Experts. If you cannot see the AppData folder, it might be hidden. Click on your user folder -> View -> check box Hidden items.

If you need to install any indicators, copy them to Users/AppData/Roaming/MetaQuotes/Terminal/terminalnumber/MQL4/Indicators, dll files go to MQL4/Libraries.

Set files go to MQL4/Presets"

it works for me with some of the Ea

In my opinion better solution is to use /portable switch and that way you control where your code is stored and not metatrader with some crypticall names of folders

Bigest problem is that a lot of code has to be rewritten so when people are having sources they do not know what to do when those sources are not compiled any more. It will take a long, long time till this mess is cleared and I have a feeling that even after a couple of years from now it will be a "why this does not compile". All thanks to metaquotes brilliant minds

checkin:
Bigest problem is that a lot of code has to be rewritten so when people are having sources they do not know what to do when those sources are not compiled any more. It will take a long, long time till this mess is cleared and I have a feeling that even after a couple of years from now it will be a "why this does not compile". All thanks to metaquotes brilliant minds

i have asked Someone (not from this forum) to do a simple code fix and he asked for $ 70 I suppose there will be those who would benefit ... It's not us

Build 603 : new build, same errors

if it is THE HOLY GRAIL indicator...pay $70 for rewriting it...

dasssi:
i have asked Someone (not from this forum) to do a simple code fix and he asked for $ 70 I suppose there will be those who would benefit ... It's not us

The new build 600 is a memory/cpu hog when compared to previous builds.....this becomes an issue when running multiple terminals..

Reason: