Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 106

WR1

As far as I know there is no way to turn those notifications off

mladen:
WR1 As far as I know there is no way to turn those notifications off

Thanks Mladen

it could be worse i suppose - opps nearly forget it is worse!

i wonder how many users and brokers MQs loose over this pointless upgrade?

have a good weekend!

My broker still did not upgrade to this new metatrader

WR1:
Thanks Mladen i wonder how many users and brokers MQs loose over this pointless upgrade?

I posted the following to the MQL4 forum Build 600 thread in response to another user's suggestion that the only options were to re-write code or migrate:

"Metaquotes has demonstrated irresponsible behavior bordering on malpractice with this release. This latest fiasco has proven that maintaining an association with Metaquotes as either a developer, trader or broker is no longer a viable business decision. MT4 was successful because of the developers, not because of the inherent strengths of the platform. MT5 has failed because of the lack of developer support. So rather than rewriting all that code, only to have Metaquotes break it again, Just Say No. Or, failing that, Developers: Send a bill to MetaQuotes for $200/hour for every hour you've had to work re-writing code for build 600+; Traders: Send a bill to MetaQuotes for all losses incurred since 600+ was released. (One trader on forex factory had his entire live account wiped out and a -$30,000 balance due to errors in the EA trading gold.); Brokers: send MetaQuotes a bill for reduced trading volume you've had since 600+ was released compared to pre-600 and for all the extra support calls required since 600+ was released. And find another platform. Despite one moderator's opinion that only brokers are clients of Metaquotes, not traders or developers, (a view I reject), Metaquotes is, in fact, solely responsible for the financial and productivity losses of all of these groups.

My company's decision was to Just Say No. And migrate. Despite almost 6 years of experience with MT4, and hundreds of EA's and indicators."

(I wouldn't be surprised to find that message deleted from the MQL4 forum thread. )

" (One trader on forex factory had his entire live account wiped out and a -$30,000 balance due to errors in the EA trading gold)"- from my personal observation, Forex Factory Forum attracts loosers...don't know why...so that loss of that guy could be due to other factors, rather than Metaquotes irresponsible behavior

Cody_R:

MT5 has failed because of the lack of developer support.

Metatrader 4 is on a same road now

Interesting... On my desktop running Windows XP Professional neither my demo account at FXDD nor my live trading account at IBFX have changed to build 600 but, on my laptop running Windows 7 both accounts have attempted to change (I have only allowed the demo account to change). I was going to use the word "upgrade" but, somehow the word "change" seems more exact. There are five custom indicators from this site which I use all the time. Even though I can change my live account to Tradestation at IBFX I pray I won't be forced to switch.

Updated code for R platform,

mt4R for new MQL4 - MQL4 Code Base

Can someone please explain how to add custom indicators to build 600? I just saved some to the experts/indicators folder, opened my demo account and they don't show up in the program but, when I check double check in Windows it shows it in the correct place. Is there some new hidden file where the customer indicators are saved? Also, in my demo account most of the custom indicators have a yellow icon at the left side but, a few (some that are in my template) are gray....what does this mean?

gcgman:
Can someone please explain how to add custom indicators to build 600? I just saved some to the experts/indicators folder, opened my demo account and they don't show up in the program but, when I check double check in Windows it shows it in the correct place. Is there some new hidden file where the customer indicators are saved? Also, in my demo account most of the custom indicators have a yellow icon at the left side but, a few (some that are in my template) are gray....what does this mean?

Post #1093 in this thread should give you all the information you need.

Reason: